Around the League 2019 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    I think tonight is the night for The Pats to lose. (check in later!!)
    Even with the occasional stomach pain, sometimes you just got to go with your gut!

Comment

• Who woulda thought that the Niners would be the last to lose?
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Can’t explain how happy I am that the Pats lost. All week all I’ve heard from the Boston sports media and fans was that Ravens were a gimme and NE was going 19-0. They already won the SB btw.

Their arrogance is just stunning so it’s awesome to shove some humble pie in their faces.
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• So I f Lamar gets 6 points for that last TD, does his lineman get at least 3 for pulling him over the goal line??!!

Over the last few years, linemen have become more and more effective at gaining yards for their players, by pushing/pulling/dragging, or whatever it takes. It must be even more fun for them to contribute that way.:thumb:

Comment

So I f Lamar gets 6 points for that last TD, does his lineman get at least 3 for pulling him over the goal line??!!

Over the last few years, linemen have become more and more effective at gaining yards for their players, by pushing/pulling/dragging, or whatever it takes. It must be even more fun for them to contribute that way.:thumb:
            Speaking of that, when did that stop being a penalty?
            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
            You Mad Bro?
            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
              Must have been years ago, because I see it every week, and never a call.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                That's a penalty?
                The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• It used to be a penalty. Don’t know when it went away or stopped being enforced

Rule 12, Section 1, Article 4—OTHER PROHIBITED ACTS
                  No offensive player may:
                  (a) pull a runner in any direction at any time; or
                  (b) use interlocking interference, by grasping a teammate or by using his hands or arms to encircle the body of a teammate; or
                  (c) trip an opponent; or
                  (d) push or throw his body against a teammate to aid him in an attempt to obstruct an opponent or to recover a loose ball.

Penalty: For assisting the runner, interlocking interference, tripping, or illegal use of hands, arms, or body by the offense: Loss of 10 yards.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Clearly it has not been enforced for years, because I have never seen it called, and it is a prominent feature in weekly games. You'll see a back go about 5 yards forward, and then gain another 5 through sheer determination on the part of their linemen. Not just pushing, not just pulling...basically brute force and strength. And if it were ever going to be called, last night would have been the perfect opportunity.

I kind of like it, because it gives those big hogs even more motivation to be a contributor! Not that they aren't already. It reminds me a lot of Rugby.

Comment

Clearly it has not been enforced for years, because I have never seen it called, and it is a prominent feature in weekly games. You'll see a back go about 5 yards forward, and then gain another 5 through sheer determination on the part of their linemen. Not just pushing, not just pulling...basically brute force and strength. And if it were ever going to be called, last night would have been the perfect opportunity.

I kind of like it, because it gives those big hogs even more motivation to be a contributor! Not that they aren't already. It reminds me a lot of Rugby.
                      Pushing a pile is generally ok as long as it isn’t the ball carrier directly but it can get muddled in there so it’s hard to tell hence no calls. But pulling (or tossing in Risner’s case) should definitely be called IMO. Not sure if the refs know the rule or not, even if they did I doubt they call the one last night as it didn’t seem to move jackson at all although it probably helped him free his arms up to reach back.

It’s really a safety rule so until someone gets seriously hurt by it we probably won’t see it enforced.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                        Pushing a pile is generally ok as long as it isn’t the ball carrier directly but it can get muddled in there so it’s hard to tell hence no calls. But pulling (or tossing in Risner’s case) should definitely be called IMO. Not sure if the refs know the rule or not, even if they did I doubt they call the one last night as it didn’t seem to move jackson at all although it probably helped him free his arms up to reach back.

It’s really a safety rule so until someone gets seriously hurt by it we probably won’t see it enforced.
                        Good discussion! You see, I am typically about less penalties than more, so this doesn't bother me nearly as much. Like I say, I love when the hogs have their fun!!

Comment

• A bit premature but I am looking forward to next week's MNF, with Seattle visiting San Fran. Wilson is amazing this year, and SF will want to make a point....as will Sherman no doubt.

Comment

• Love the black cat running on the field at MetLife.
                            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                              Love the black cat running on the field at MetLife.
                              That was funny.....
                              sigpic

Comment

• The play clock starting before the game clock really bothers me. Just extends boring games even more and screws over other teams in a comeback bid

Comment

Working...
                                X