Around the League 2019 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Hey pal.... (though you are not predicting it) I really don't see 2 games in the cards. I think The NFL will throw the book at this guy, because they need to display their support for QBs, plus he made 2 fairly violent physical acts, that could both have caused severe injury.

Down deep, I think Rudolph might have said some nasties, which we can not hear. But The NFL might be able to uncover. Regardless, no room for that form of physicality. Same goes for Pouncey...though he was right to defend his QB, he went too far. You can only give these men some benefit of the doubt. But the acts speak for themselves.
    I never saw Ndamukong Sue get suspended for actually trying to rip Cutler or Delhomme's heads off though. Maybe the helmet pull serves as an aggravating circumstance in this case, but I've seen that happen numerous times. I agree he might have said something stupid to Garrett, but if he did, I don't know why Garrett wouldn't have said as much. If a guy said something dumb to me, and I was staring down the barrel of a multi-game suspension, I'd tell it like it is.

Another thing is Rudolph chasing him around and confronting him AFTER getting his helmet forcibly removed. Probably should've let his offensive line handle that one.
    Last edited by Spice 1; 11-15-2019, 08:49 AM.

Comment

• Rudolph started the whole thing, and yet he won't get punished because the referees missed it. Garrett reacted like a lot of high school or college players would. Pouncey is a coward, he kicked a defenseless player, and then he claimed no knowledge because he "blacked out". Man up, grab your cajones, and admit to what you did. Garrett might only get 6 games or less because no damage was actually done
      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Indefinite ban for Garrett. He deserves it.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
          Indefinite ban for Garrett. He deserves it.
          Just a fancy name for a 6 game suspension, he should be suspended next season too IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
            Rudolph started the whole thing, and yet he won't get punished because the referees missed it. Garrett reacted like a lot of high school or college players would. Pouncey is a coward, he kicked a defenseless player, and then he claimed no knowledge because he "blacked out". Man up, grab your cajones, and admit to what you did. Garrett might only get 6 games or less because no damage was actually done
            No he didn't. Garrett played past the pass. There was no reason to keep pulling the QB to the ground. ........thats why Rudolph was pissed and tried to hold on himself and what was near his hands to hold onto was Garrett's head inside a helmet. Garrett started this with unnecessary roughness (mild case sure) but THAT'S what started this
            The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
              Just a fancy name for a 6 game suspension, he should be suspended next season too IMO
              They’re saying he has to talk to Goodell before he can even play next year.

I’m sure he’ll say the right things but being banned for the rest of this season, including the playoffs, is a big deal.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Wow wow wow, absolutely hilarious and a real reflection on 'some' parts of our society nowadays, that complete over-reaction by soooooooo many people on last nights actions.

It was not very good by Garrett and should not of happened, it also wasn't very good to see Pouncey throwing kicks and punches, but some people really need to get some perspective on life.

The commentators said it was the worst thing they have EVER seen on a football field, I have seen words like heinous, horrific, disturbing to watch. I have read today that LEGAL action could be taken on him, that some parents might insist that there kids never play football because of these actions (some parents will always wrap there kids in cotton wool and that won't change). Talk about a HUUUUUUGE over-reaction to the point its just funny.

He took Masons helmet off and bonked him on the head with it, not particularly hard or violently and MR was fine, MR carried on throwing punches.

I work with young children and see it all the time where one gets frustrated and bonks another child over the head with a wooden block. The kid cries, gets a compress, and well all move on with life after handing out some discipline to the child (I'm talking 2 year olds here).

MG's actions were wrong, and I don't mind him being handed a suspension for the rest of the season, and I don't think we should see these extra curricular things on the field....... but I just cringe when society nowadays blows everything sooooooo far out of proportion, it truly is the age of the snowflake / woke culture. I just wish instead of being so horrified and crying into a corner because someone got bonked on the head people showed a little backbone and a little perspective. TBH I've seen worst things this season in the odd NHL game I've caught, they don't seem quite so sensitive in that league.

Anyway, hopefully not too many people got scarred for life (I'm sure their our hotlines available if they have been) and will tune in this Sunday to watch what looks like a good slate of games.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                  Rudolph started the whole thing, and yet he won't get punished because the referees missed it. Garrett reacted like a lot of high school or college players would. Pouncey is a coward, he kicked a defenseless player, and then he claimed no knowledge because he "blacked out". Man up, grab your cajones, and admit to what you did. Garrett might only get 6 games or less because no damage was actually done
                  There is a Pittsburgh district attorney that wants Garrett charged with felony assault.

I don’t think they are worried about who started it, it is the actions that followed. You can’t justify those acts by saying someone else started it.

Yes Rudolph is guilty but Garrett took it way to far.

As far as Pouncey goes, I was in Juarez Mexico a long time ago and saw a man and a woman having an argument that ended up in fist exchanges.

The man grabbed the woman off the sidewalk and tossed her over his shoulders into oncoming traffic on the street. At that point everyone in the vicinity attacked the man beating him to a bloody pulp.

I didn’t stick around to see what the outcome was but my point is that people hate violence and they hate to see other people being hurt, so human nature is to attack the attacker and that’s what Pouncey did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                    There is a Pittsburgh district attorney that wants Garrett charged with felony assault.

I don’t think they are worried about who started it, it is the actions that followed. You can’t justify those acts by saying someone else started it.

Yes Rudolph is guilty but Garrett took it way to far.

As far as Pouncey goes, I was in Juarez Mexico a long time ago and saw a man and a woman having an argument that ended up in fist exchanges.

The man grabbed the woman off the sidewalk and tossed her over his shoulders into oncoming traffic on the street. At that point everyone in the vicinity attacked the man beating him to a bloody pulp.

I didn’t stick around to see what the outcome was but my point is that people hate violence and they hate to see other people being hurt, so human nature is to attack the attacker and that’s what Pouncey did.
                    WOW

I heard thats how justice is performed in some middle east areas. And upper mid African areas.

Kind of anarchy but I'd be more scared to commit any crimes in that system than ours. Not saying it's better just saying -- something.

Not exactly a fair trial.
                    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post

Roger Goodell actually doing the math on the fines:

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                          I never saw Ndamukong Sue get suspended for actually trying to rip Cutler or Delhomme's heads off though. Maybe the helmet pull serves as an aggravating circumstance in this case, but I've seen that happen numerous times. I agree he might have said something stupid to Garrett, but if he did, I don't know why Garrett wouldn't have said as much. If a guy said something dumb to me, and I was staring down the barrel of a multi-game suspension, I'd tell it like it is.

Another thing is Rudolph chasing him around and confronting him AFTER getting his helmet forcibly removed. Probably should've let his offensive line handle that one.
                          I understand, but I think The NFL is getting progressively more disciplinary with regards to such actions. And I have to be honest, I don't think there's a place for ripping a player's helmet off. They may come off easier than in old days, but it does look forcible and overly aggressive.

I agree that Rudolph needed to stay back, but unless a person is in that situation, at that moment, under those circumstances, it is too hard to assume that anyone could stay back and be calm. I am not condoning anything he did, nor do I think he is 100% innocent on what may have been said, but he is human, and I could see a need to react a wee bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                            Wow wow wow, absolutely hilarious and a real reflection on 'some' parts of our society nowadays, that complete over-reaction by soooooooo many people on last nights actions.

It was not very good by Garrett and should not of happened, it also wasn't very good to see Pouncey throwing kicks and punches, but some people really need to get some perspective on life.

The commentators said it was the worst thing they have EVER seen on a football field, I have seen words like heinous, horrific, disturbing to watch. I have read today that LEGAL action could be taken on him, that some parents might insist that there kids never play football because of these actions (some parents will always wrap there kids in cotton wool and that won't change). Talk about a HUUUUUUGE over-reaction to the point its just funny.

He took Masons helmet off and bonked him on the head with it, not particularly hard or violently and MR was fine, MR carried on throwing punches.

I work with young children and see it all the time where one gets frustrated and bonks another child over the head with a wooden block. The kid cries, gets a compress, and well all move on with life after handing out some discipline to the child (I'm talking 2 year olds here).

MG's actions were wrong, and I don't mind him being handed a suspension for the rest of the season, and I don't think we should see these extra curricular things on the field....... but I just cringe when society nowadays blows everything sooooooo far out of proportion, it truly is the age of the snowflake / woke culture. I just wish instead of being so horrified and crying into a corner because someone got bonked on the head people showed a little backbone and a little perspective. TBH I've seen worst things this season in the odd NHL game I've caught, they don't seem quite so sensitive in that league.

Anyway, hopefully not too many people got scarred for life (I'm sure their our hotlines available if they have been) and will tune in this Sunday to watch what looks like a good slate of games.
                            Bronx....I have to be real, I am not in your court on this. This should not be world news, but in the sports world it deserves the attention it gets. it was so ugly that Garrett's own QB was very disappointed about it. It left a kick in the gut to the league, and to all who play this great game. It looked violent, and this in a sport that I describe as violent, as is.

I disagree that it was a soft blow to his head. Garrett swung it with intention. it was a hard blow. And what many people are often wrong about, is defining a crime by the injury and not the intent. I always say, if you shoot a gun and miss someone, does that make you any less guilty? I say NO. It's the intent. It's always the intent. Some people don't seem to get that.

Comment

I understand, but I think The NFL is getting progressively more disciplinary with regards to such actions. And I have to be honest, I don't think there's a place for ripping a player's helmet off. They may come off easier than in old days, but it does look forcible and overly aggressive.

I agree that Rudolph needed to stay back, but unless a person is in that situation, at that moment, under those circumstances, it is too hard to assume that anyone could stay back and be calm. I am not condoning anything he did, nor do I think he is 100% innocent on what may have been said, but he is human, and I could see a need to react a wee bit.
                              I agree with all of that. I'm just a hopeless optimist where precedent is concerned. It's an exercise in defiance.

Comment

Bronx....I have to be real, I am not in your court on this. This should not be world news, but in the sports world it deserves the attention it gets. it was so ugly that Garrett's own QB was very disappointed about it. It left a kick in the gut to the league, and to all who play this great game. It looked violent, and this in a sport that I describe as violent, as is.

I disagree that it was a soft blow to his head. Garrett swung it with intention. it was a hard blow. And what many people are often wrong about, is defining a crime by the injury and not the intent. I always say, if you shoot a gun and miss someone, does that make you any less guilty? I say NO. It's the intent. It's always the intent. Some people don't seem to get that.
                                I totally agree with this. I was trying to find a polite way to respond and was failing. So thank you, Can, for posting this.
                                Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Working...
                                X