No announcement yet.

Around the League 2019 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harbaugh should pull Lamar. No need to run anymore plays with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
      I’m just saying if Mahomes gets back on track I don’t think the Pats can keep up and the Bills defense is good enough to keep them in long enough to eek out an upset.
      Agreed. Ravens just seem to have that magic this year.
      sigpic

Comment

• Ravens are on a another level playing a game that most teams just haven't adjusted to yet. I feel like I'm watching college games with one lopsided affair after another. I honestly don't think they can be stopped (this season).
        Adopted Poster
        AZ Snake Fan

Comment

• The Ravens are a juggernaut right now. Early in the season you could key in on Andrews and Brown and Jackson struggled to find his other targets. That isn’t the case anymore, he’s on the same page with every one of his targets now except for maybe Boykin but he might actually be the most physically gifted target he has with that size and that speed.

The whole offense is just a perfect blend of talent. Jackson creates so much free yardage for his 2 bruising RBs in Ingram and Edwards and there are so many 3 TE looks and a massive oline that it just wears you down. It’s built for winter playoff football. Oh yeah and they have 300 pound DT masquerading as a FB smashing you in the mouth. Then you have to chase Jackson all over the place while somehow managing to cover one of the best TEs in the NFL and one of the fastest WRs in the NFL and a bevy of savvy route runners in Snead, Roberts, and Boyle, oh and Ingram is a threat out of the backfield too.

Jackson is terrific and his improvements as a passer are huge, but the additions of Ingram and Brown to this offense are what transformed them into this monstrous powerhouse. This might be the perfect offense. Stack the box to stop Ingram and Brown is blowing the top off the defense (Boykin too pretty soon) and if he doesn’t you’re really just praying someone gets Jackson because the slightest hole and he’s racing down the field, double Brown and the TEs roast your LBs, play off Brown and they kill you with short passes. Probably the only player they haven’t found a fit for yet is Justice Hill and all they really have to do with him is spread the field and take those TEs off and let his blazing speed capitalize on the threat of Jackson’s legs. I’m sure there’s a way to stop this offense but that defense is going to require a bunch highly athletic, very strong, well conditioned, fundamentally sound players.

Comment

The Ravens are a juggernaut right now. Early in the season you could key in on Andrews and Brown and Jackson struggled to find his other targets. That isn’t the case anymore, he’s on the same page with every one of his targets now except for maybe Boykin but he might actually be the most physically gifted target he has with that size and that speed.

The whole offense is just a perfect blend of talent. Jackson creates so much free yardage for his 2 bruising RBs in Ingram and Edwards and there are so many 3 TE looks and a massive oline that it just wears you down. It’s built for winter playoff football. Oh yeah and they have 300 pound DT masquerading as a FB smashing you in the mouth. Then you have to chase Jackson all over the place while somehow managing to cover one of the best TEs in the NFL and one of the fastest WRs in the NFL and a bevy of savvy route runners in Snead, Roberts, and Boyle, oh and Ingram is a threat out of the backfield too.

Jackson is terrific and his improvements as a passer are huge, but the additions of Ingram and Brown to this offense are what transformed them into this monstrous powerhouse. This might be the perfect offense. Stack the box to stop Ingram and Brown is blowing the top off the defense (Boykin too pretty soon) and if he doesn’t you’re really just praying someone gets Jackson because the slightest hole and he’s racing down the field, double Brown and the TEs roast your LBs, play off Brown and they kill you with short passes. Probably the only player they haven’t found a fit for yet is Justice Hill and all they really have to do with him is spread the field and take those TEs off and let his blazing speed capitalize on the threat of Jackson’s legs. I’m sure there’s a way to stop this offense but that defense is going to require a bunch highly athletic, very strong, well conditioned, fundamentally sound players.
            After last night's games, and based on beating The Pats and Seattle, and kicking Houston, The Ravens are my #1 ranked team.

I mentioned that Lamar is the MVP by more than just a little.....and I forgot to state that Harbaugh gives The O the keys, so essentially it's like trying to stop a great O for 4 downs, when field condition is not a factor. Did I mention that they have one of all time best kickers as well, just in case they ever decide to go FG??!!!
            Last edited by CanDB; 11-26-2019, 07:39 AM.

Comment

The Ravens are a juggernaut right now. Early in the season you could key in on Andrews and Brown and Jackson struggled to find his other targets. That isn’t the case anymore, he’s on the same page with every one of his targets now except for maybe Boykin but he might actually be the most physically gifted target he has with that size and that speed.

Great matchup this week, with SF's front 4. I'm anticipating a close game, but BAL will likely use a lot of the same stuff defensively that they used against LA. SF can block better on the edges, I think, and then you have to deal with Kittle while he's not blocking. But unless Shanahan can get their running game going, especially between the tackles, I can see Garoppolo having a game similar to Goff's. The other scary thing is the dreaded west coast team going to the east coast w/a 1:00 start.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                Great matchup this week, with SF's front 4. I'm anticipating a close game, but BAL will likely use a lot of the same stuff defensively that they used against LA. SF can block better on the edges, I think, and then you have to deal with Kittle while he's not blocking. But unless Shanahan can get their running game going, especially between the tackles, I can see Garoppolo having a game similar to Goff's. The other scary thing is the dreaded west coast team going to the east coast w/a 1:00 start.
                This could be a SB preview! And I do expect Baltimore to win, because I think Jackson will outduel Jimmy G.

Two other pretty good games on the slate.....The Pats at Houston, and Minnesota at Seattle. Lets see if The Pats are capable of having a complete game, because they must be wondering about this Ravens team. And I will take Seattle over The Vikes unless Cousins plays like he has proven he can. If so, it could be a last drive victory for either team.

Comment

I gotta eat some crow here. I Never foresaw Jackson being this good. Based on what we saw last year I figured he'd be riding pine by now with the Ravens in the cellar.

Kudos to him and the team getting him this prepped up for the season.

Best chance for a Non-Pats superbowl.
                  sigpic

Comment

• I see that NFL.com has SF ranked #1, and The Ravens #2. Not a stretch, but whoever wins on Sunday will be #1, after a head to head battle.

I would give The Ravens the #1 ranking right now, because they have proven to beat the good teams - The Pats and Seattle.

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving to my American pals!

As for the game....Bears score easy, and Detroit, with an unknown at QB, score easier!!!

Comment

• Those Detroit uniforms look worse than some of the worse college unis I've seen.
                        The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Agreed. That full body primer grey is horrible.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Lions offense, against the Bears defense, with a third string quarterback, is looking more explosive than our offense.

Comment

• I can't stand all these lame uniforms in every sport. They're hideous designs and all they do is waste money.

Comment

• Is this what The Bears have become? This team on the edge last year?? They are playing a weak Detroit team with no Stafford, and minus their first few RBs....against an undrafted rookie.

They may still win this game, but I wonder what their plan is for next year?

Sometimes I wonder how crowded the race for a highly drafted QB this offseason.

Comment

Working...
                                X