Around the League 2019 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Good game tonight. Very early, and surprising pic off Wilson for the TD. But having cheered against him, Wilson is always in the game, and for some reason can lull you into a late game comeback....even after doing little for most of the game.
    His #1 is so sneaky clutch too in Lockett that they tend to hook up in big moments.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• I'm really surprised how the screens keep fooling Seattle tonite

Comment

• See that fake punt tells me Seattle knew how important it was to snuff out any momentum MINN was building

Our team could learn to nip those moments in the bud sooner rather than later ..... if ever

Comment

• That's got to be a fumble! Receiver has clear possession, makes a move, and the hit knocks the ball free.

Comment

• I can't believe it wasn't called a catch n fumble initially. Now MINN has to risk a Time Out just to get a fair look at it

These plays should be considered change of possession reviews because the outcome is in question and one of the outcomes is a turnover

Comment

• Thought this was over...Vikes, minus Cook, are playing to win!

Kickers can't make extra points these days!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                I can't believe it wasn't called a catch n fumble initially. Now MINN has to risk a Time Out just to get a fair look at it

These plays should be considered change of possession reviews because the outcome is in question and one of the outcomes is a turnover
                I agree. That was a clear catch and fumble. Why can't the refs get it right on the field?

Comment

• Well. Anti climatic... but good game
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                    I can't believe it wasn't called a catch n fumble initially. Now MINN has to risk a Time Out just to get a fair look at it

The problem with just making them all turnovers and reviewing them automatically is that then they go the other way, and it becomes is there clear indisputable evidence that the player didn't catch the ball and then fumble. The scoop and score that probably shouldn't stand has to because they can't fully see evidence that says it shouldn't.

I'd prefer the NCAA method where the replay official can stop the game if he thinks they need to take a look at the previous play. That way a team doesn't need to challenge to get the ball from a turnover (if it was a legitimate turnover) and the officials don't feel compelled to let a play happen just so it's automatically reviewed only to have it not be able to be brought back because the standard is now flipped, even though you're pretty sure it wasn't a turnover. If I'm not mistaken there was one of those that went against New Orleans this regular season.

Of course having said all that, the NFL has made such a mess of the review process, and everything to do with it, that a part of me just wants them to do away with video review completely. Let human error happen and it is what it is.

Comment

• Thinking back, I know it's "what if" stuff, but had Cook stayed in the game and Thielen had played, I think these teams are pretty even.

Comment

Thinking back, I know it's "what if" stuff, but had Cook stayed in the game and Thielen had played, I think these teams are pretty even.
                        And I counter that with if Seattle hadn't been dealing with the flu going through their team, maybe the game isn't close at all. But both teams played with what they had and the result was what it was. And if it's Kirk Cousins playing on a Monday night, he's team is going to lose, 0-8 now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                          And I counter that with if Seattle hadn't been dealing with the flu going through their team, maybe the game isn't close at all. But both teams played with what they had and the result was what it was. And if it's Kirk Cousins playing on a Monday night, he's team is going to lose, 0-8 now.
                          Two different opinions....I am not sure how sick any of those players were. But I do know this...Cook is one of the best backs in the league, and Thielen along with Diggs and Rudolph are pretty amazing as a unit.

Bottom line....The Vikes lost on the road by one score. That alone says it was close. And I'll take Cook and Thielen any day!

I did say it was a "what if".....and that they would be pretty even overall. Not exactly a bold statement.
                          Last edited by CanDB; 12-03-2019, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• Ron Rivera fired.

Comment

Ron Rivera fired.
                              It's mind boggling how a 2 time Coach of the Year who got his franchise to a Super Bowl and multiple playoff wins is gone before Jason Garrett. Geoff Schwartz tweeted out that he should be strongly considered by the Browns, and I wholeheartedly agree with that take.
                              Last edited by ABQBronco25; 12-03-2019, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABQBronco25 View Post
                                It's mind boggling how a 2 time Coach of the Year who got his franchise to a Super Bowl and multiple playoff wins is gone before Jason Garrett. Geoff Schwartz tweeted out that he should be strongly considered by the Browns, and I wholeheartedly agree with that take.
                                That would be a good landing spot, and I hope he lands somewhere soon! Cleveland will be looking for someone very soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X