Around the League 2019 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    When it comes to the Chargers, I think it might be a Phillip Rivers thing.

The only reason the Broncos made it to the playoffs in 2011 is because the Chargers decided to save Norv Turner’s job for one more season.

I would be careful about using the “play hard for the coach” reasoning.
    There's a big difference between Norv Turner and his track record and Anthony Lynn. Today is the first loss the Chargers have had this season that wasn't by one score. 8 losses by a total of 39 points. So they're not far off.

But I do agree that Rivers is done, and the Chargers are paying for it. I can't imagine Tyrod Taylor being any worse than Rivers has been.

Comment

• The Bucs are going to have a scary offense next season when they acquire David Johnson

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
        The Bucs are going to have a scary offense next season when they acquire David Johnson
        Is he signing? Hopefully his health will not be a factor. Seems less dependable.

Comment

• Congrats to the Bills for clinching a spot last night -- and good luck to them @NE this Saturday (there's THREE NFL games from morning til night on Saturday)! I sincerely hope that there's a shift in power in the East away from the P*ts and the Bills are currently the lone hope for that. The Bills haven't been relevant since the Marc Levy era and they've only beaten NE three times in the Belicheat era. And as I look at the AFC playoff picture, they are the only team I can actually get behind from our conference. It's good to have fresh faces there.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            Is he signing? Hopefully his health will not be a factor. Seems less dependable.
            I’m just speculating since he’s not used in Arizona and isn’t happy about it, and Bruce Arians being the Bucs coach with next to nothing at RB might want his former all pro back.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
              I’m just speculating since he’s not used in Arizona and isn’t happy about it, and Bruce Arians being the Bucs coach with next to nothing at RB might want his former all pro back.
              If healthy, DJ has value. Not a good situation for him in Arizona.

Comment

Is that what I am arguing? In my books he was at least one of the following....disciplined, penalized, punished, reprimanded, slapped on the wrist, terminated, sent packing, let go, pushed out the door, asked not to come back, given a pink slip, withheld the door key.

You can say he was not, and I'll leave it there. We are off track regardless. I simply inserted the word punished and I say he was, or something similar to. Maybe his life is better now. I don't think so. For as far as I can tell, he's got a worse reputation, and may not be in big demand with other teams.

All in all, he said a very foolish thing, and di not apologize. And thus, he deserves some form of discipline in my books.

Lets disagree ok.
                He was claimed by the Saints, man was he ever punished....

Rumor yesterday was that at least 4 playoff contenders were thinking about putting in a claim for him. You can say as many words as you want about what was done to him, but the reality is that he went from the outhouse to the penthouse. And obviously at least one playoff team (and possibly a few more) were not bothered by what he said, nor anything he has done this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

Rumor yesterday was that at least 4 playoff contenders were thinking about putting in a claim for him. You can say as many words as you want about what was done to him, but the reality is that he went from the outhouse to the penthouse. And obviously at least one playoff team (and possibly a few more) were not bothered by what he said, nor anything he has done this year.
                  I almost forgot about this topic already. Still think they "disciplined" him, based on what I understand the word to mean. But I am glad it is so important that a guy who says something that ignorant is doing better as a result. Strengthens my faith in foolish people still getting ahead in this world, and apparently, as a result of their foolishness.

Comment

• Josh Gordon suspended yet again....indefinitely by the NFL for violating league policies on performance enhancers and substances of abuse.
                    Last edited by CanDB; 12-16-2019, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

I guess they are not as sensitive as the Giants... now he has a chance to contend good thing he didn’t issue that apology for the sake of apologizing.
                      sigpic

Comment

I almost forgot about this topic already. Still think they "disciplined" him, based on what I understand the word to mean. But I am glad it is so important that a guy who says something that ignorant is doing better as a result. Strengthens my faith in foolish people still getting ahead in this world, and apparently, as a result of their foolishness.
                        He got negged......and then like 10 CP equivalent in our world of BCMB. from his point of view.
                        sigpic

Comment

• You know my position. I disagree with Jenkins' words and non apology. Pretty basic, humane stuff. In my opinion, he should have apologized. And even though he may be a little more successful for a while, his reputation is tarnished to some degree. That's my take. Lets disagree.....yet again.

Comment

Josh Gordon suspended yet again....indefinitely by the NFL for violating league policies on performance enhancers and substances of abuse.
                            Moving on....any comments?

Comment

• One more...

Will Drew Brees break Manning's TD record tonight? 3 to go. Luv the little guy, and his football skills!

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...on-waiver-wire

Says that The Titans might be making a move to land him.
                                KC claimed Suggs. Smart move, given they are not that good on D, and Suggs might bring some decent play and energy.

Comment

Working...
                                X