No announcement yet.

Around the League 2019 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't believe how many people think the Eagles have won the division, I have even seen comments on twitter that Ertz being ruled out for Sunday doesn't matter because he can rest before the playoffs.

This massively banged up team have a very tough game going into the Meadowlands. The record is not great for the Giants but now Barkley is back healthy and Jones is coming off a big game, this is far from a walk in the park for Philly, and NY would love to spoil their party and send their fans happy going into the offseason.

Dallas will beat Washington at home so this is a must win for Philly.

I might be wrong but I think the Giants win and Dallas make the playoffs at 8-8

Comment

• Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
      I can't believe how many people think the Eagles have won the division, I have even seen comments on twitter that Ertz being ruled out for Sunday doesn't matter because he can rest before the playoffs.

This massively banged up team have a very tough game going into the Meadowlands. The record is not great for the Giants but now Barkley is back healthy and Jones is coming off a big game, this is far from a walk in the park for Philly, and NY would love to spoil their party and send their fans happy going into the offseason.

Dallas will beat Washington at home so this is a must win for Philly.

I might be wrong but I think the Giants win and Dallas make the playoffs at 8-8
      It's quite possible. I want Philly to go out there and make a statement, even minus Ertz. Goedert will have to step up to the plate, and he can. Up until recently I would not be too confident about Philly looking good, but they did show me something against Dallas. I want them to come out and get a good sized lead, and then say bye bye Dallas.

Comment

• I would love for Dallas to get a plAyoff game... go Witten! ANd Jerrah!
        sigpic

Comment

• A few stats that I find interesting...

Michael Thomas - 145 receptions and still going!!! We're talking close to 10 per game, and 36 ahead of McCaffrey (2nd). Going to be hard to break his new record. 1688 yards receiving ain't too shabby either.

Chubb quietly looking to be the rushing champ.

Winston probably the only +5,000 yard passer.....mind you, those 28 pics aren't exactly the preferred outcome!

Chandler Jones with 19 sacks!

Lots of big time performances.
          Last edited by CanDB; 12-27-2019, 05:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            It's quite possible. I want Philly to go out there and make a statement, even minus Ertz. Goedert will have to step up to the plate, and he can. Up until recently I would not be too confident about Philly looking good, but they did show me something against Dallas. I want them to come out and get a good sized lead, and then say bye bye Dallas.
            Philly were decent against Dallas but there is a big difference playing in their own stadium with their own fans and going on the road (as we saw with Dallas blowing out the Rams at home and then struggling on the road in Philly).

It will be an interesting game, but personally I think the Eagles are in trouble.

Comment

A few stats that I find interesting...

Michael Thomas - 145 receptions and still going!!! We're talking close to 10 per game, and 36 ahead of McCaffrey (2nd). Going to be hard to break his new record. 1688 yards receiving ain't too shabby either.

Chubb quietly looking to be the rushing champ.

Winston probably the only +5,000 yard passer.....mind you, those 28 pics aren't exactly the preferred outcome!

Chandler Jones with 19 sacks!

Lots of big time performances.
              Winston is the typical 'stats' QB. In reality he has cost the Bucs many games and is a QB that just won't take a team deep in the playoffs, if this season was an anomaly then I would let him off but its just who Winston is.

If I was the Bucs I would move on from him, but they won't.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                Philly were decent against Dallas but there is a big difference playing in their own stadium with their own fans and going on the road (as we saw with Dallas blowing out the Rams at home and then struggling on the road in Philly).

It will be an interesting game, but personally I think the Eagles are in trouble.
                CP bet Bronx?

You got Dallas, I got Philly.

Comment

CP bet Bronx?

You got Dallas, I got Philly.

Yea sure why not. Dallas winning is a gimme, Philly is more 50/50 but I just have a feeling that Barkley and Jones will score on a mediocre D and Philly do not have the weapons to damage the Giants.

A few weeks ago they played a poor, close game that Philly just pulled out. That was in Philly, with Ertz, and no Barkley or Jones.

Comment

• You know... I kinda had a feeling that the Saints were going to win the SB this year. After watching the NFL 100 Quarterback episode, I'm convinced.

Anybody else see that article where they interview Brian Schottenheimer about Drew Brees when the Chargers drafted Rivers? Yeah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                      You know... I kinda had a feeling that the Saints were going to win the SB this year. After watching the NFL 100 Quarterback episode, I'm convinced.

Anybody else see that article where they interview Brian Schottenheimer about Drew Brees when the Chargers drafted Rivers? Yeah.
                      I would not mind if The Saints won. I like those guys, including Brees, Kamara and many more. Sometimes things even out, like a heart breaking penalty late in a game turning into a positive someday. Ha ha, the refs might have to throw a flag their way this time.

But they are good enough to win it. And when you mention the NFL Top 100, I thought you were going to refer the fact that Brees did not make it, which will add a little fuel to the fire. It actually might, though he will always be remembered as a great QB.

Comment

• In the NFC I like Dallas and the saints... I know Dallas in an impossible chance to move past the wildcard round, if they make it,,

The saint because brees is good people ..

In the AFC...meh to all...maybe the Texans so watt can get a shot at a ring..and no Pats... a Super Bowl without them would be beautiful..
                        sigpic

Comment

I would not mind if The Saints won. I like those guys, including Brees, Kamara and many more. Sometimes things even out, like a heart breaking penalty late in a game turning into a positive someday. Ha ha, the refs might have to throw a flag their way this time.

But they are good enough to win it. And when you mention the NFL Top 100, I thought you were going to refer the fact that Brees did not make it, which will add a little fuel to the fire. It actually might, though he will always be remembered as a great QB.
                          That's exactly what I'm talking about. I guarantee you Brees is unhinged right now. You look at the stupid way they lost 2 years ago, the rig job in the NFC Championship last year, and now this. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes off in the post season. I already felt like everything was lining up for them before he got snubbed. I think it's going to be the Chiefs out of the AFC. I've said this before, but Mahomes' career path is really familiar to Marino to me. I can totally see him losing in the SB this year, and then KC's talent slowly diminishing from here on out. And Mahomes goes on to break all kinds of records, but never win anything. Conversely, he may very well win it this year. Spagnuolo has really worked some things out with that defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                            That's exactly what I'm talking about. I guarantee you Brees is unhinged right now. You look at the stupid way they lost 2 years ago, the rig job in the NFC Championship last year, and now this. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes off in the post season. I already felt like everything was lining up for them before he got snubbed. I think it's going to be the Chiefs out of the AFC. I've said this before, but Mahomes' career path is really familiar to Marino to me. I can totally see him losing in the SB this year, and then KC's talent slowly diminishing from here on out. And Mahomes goes on to break all kinds of records, but never win anything. Conversely, he may very well win it this year. Spagnuolo has really worked some things out with that defense.
                            Sorry Spice....thought you might mean that the interview was the key factor in Brees' motivation, whereas I did initially see the NFL 100 in your response. So yes, he has additional motivation, though I like him even without. Again, of all the teams in the playoffs, they are one of my favs.

And true, I think KC is being overlooked by many...even myself at times. But their D might be better than advertised, and their O, with Mahomes, is among the best.

Hey pal (and to others) you good with Marino in the top 10? I am. He was one of the best passers all time. Such a cool throwing style! If they'd won that SB opportunity, he is a lock.
                            Last edited by CanDB; 12-28-2019, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• Lets be real, the Saints are not the only team to have a bad call against them at the end of a game, I know it was a big playoff game but the refs make bad calls like this all the time (they cost us 2 games this season, Jags and Bears), teams just have to make sure they are in a position where one bad call doesn't decide the game, and the Saints played out OT and had the ball, but Brees through a pick. Thats why they lost.

Anyway, looking ahead using the ESPN prediction machine these are the match-ups I think we get for wildcard weekend.

AFC

Tennessee @ KC - The Chiefs won't be knocked out at home to the Titans.

Buffalo @ Houston - Neither team are massively impressive. I don't think JA or the offense are good enough to pull out the road win.

NFC

Minnesota @ Seattle - Seattle are always a tough home playoff team, and KC is flaky in big games. This could be a real close one if Cook is healthy.

SF @ Dallas - The 49'ers are the better team but Dallas can be very strong at home when they want to be.

Most years the wildcard games are lop-sided. I think we could get some really good ones this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                                No he didn't. Garrett played past the pass. There was no reason to keep pulling the QB to the ground. ........thats why Rudolph was pissed and tried to hold on himself and what was near his hands to hold onto was Garrett's head inside a helmet. Garrett started this with unnecessary roughness (mild case sure) but THAT'S what started this
                                The play at the end of the game happens all the time. After the play was over; Rudolph said something, and he also tried to rip Garrett's helmet off first. He just wasn't strong enough
                                "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Working...
                                X