Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Around the League 2019 season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Lets be real, the Saints are not the only team to have a bad call against them at the end of a game, I know it was a big playoff game but the refs make bad calls like this all the time (they cost us 2 games this season, Jags and Bears), teams just have to make sure they are in a position where one bad call doesn't decide the game, and the Saints played out OT and had the ball, but Brees through a pick. Thats why they lost.

    Anyway, looking ahead using the ESPN prediction machine these are the match-ups I think we get for wildcard weekend.

    AFC

    Tennessee @ KC - The Chiefs won't be knocked out at home to the Titans.

    Buffalo @ Houston - Neither team are massively impressive. I don't think JA or the offense are good enough to pull out the road win.


    NFC

    Minnesota @ Seattle - Seattle are always a tough home playoff team, and KC is flaky in big games. This could be a real close one if Cook is healthy.

    SF @ Dallas - The 49'ers are the better team but Dallas can be very strong at home when they want to be.


    Most years the wildcard games are lop-sided. I think we could get some really good ones this year.
    Bronx....lets be real....that is still talked about, and the rule was changed because of it. You and I will not agree on this one. It was horrendous and the refs should have been disciplined for their pathetic no call. Sorry....I am ok with your perspective, but there was nothing "lets be real" about it. And you can hardly compare what happened to us to what happened to them. There is hardly any resemblance.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      Sorry Spice....thought you might mean that the interview was the key factor in Brees' motivation, whereas I did initially see the NFL 100 in your response. So yes, he has additional motivation, though I like him even without. Again, of all the teams in the playoffs, they are one of my favs.

      And true, I think KC is being overlooked by many...even myself at times. But their D might be better than advertised, and their O, with Mahomes, is among the best.

      Hey pal (and to others) you good with Marino in the top 10? I am. He was one of the best passers all time. Such a cool throwing style! If they'd won that SB opportunity, he is a lock.
      Oh yeah. He's in my top 5. I'd take him over Unitas and Favre.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
        Oh yeah. He's in my top 5. I'd take him over Unitas and Favre.
        I agree. He might be the best pure passer in history. Definitely over Favre.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          Bronx....lets be real....that is still talked about, and the rule was changed because of it. You and I will not agree on this one. It was horrendous and the refs should have been disciplined for their pathetic no call. Sorry....I am ok with your perspective, but there was nothing "lets be real" about it. And you can hardly compare what happened to us to what happened to them. There is hardly any resemblance.
          I agree it was a bad call. My point was that I have seen many bad calls all season, and some at the end of games where the team didn't have a chance to win despite the bad call. The Saints did have a chance and Bree's threw a pick.

          I could cry about Denver losing 2 games because of terrible calls at the end of the game but instead I am willing to admit that bad calls happen to every team and we need to be in a position where 1 bad call doesn't lose us a game. The Saints took a holier-then-thou attitude of 'how dare the refs make a bad call against us' similar to how Brady used to sometimes, and it annoyed a lot of people.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
            I agree it was a bad call. My point was that I have seen many bad calls all season, and some at the end of games where the team didn't have a chance to win despite the bad call. The Saints did have a chance and Bree's threw a pick.

            I could cry about Denver losing 2 games because of terrible calls at the end of the game but instead I am willing to admit that bad calls happen to every team and we need to be in a position where 1 bad call doesn't lose us a game. The Saints took a holier-then-thou attitude of 'how dare the refs make a bad call against us' similar to how Brady used to sometimes, and it annoyed a lot of people.
            Well what got me was how the one official seemed like he was about to reach for a flag, and then the other one came up and waived him off. There's a video of it somewhere.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
              Well what got me was how the one official seemed like he was about to reach for a flag, and then the other one came up and waived him off. There's a video of it somewhere.
              Yea I know, there are too many times the officials are not on the same page.

              Anyway, thats gone. I think the Saints have a good chance to get to the SB but the NFC is loaded this year, should be some classic games.

              Comment


              • How does a whole ref crew miss this, with the eyes of the NFL world watching, and a trip to the SB on the line? This is short and not sweet!

                Comment


                • Don't forget Can, today is the day Dallas take the division and you cough up that CP.................................. unless you realize you got it wrong and want to cancel the bet ?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                    Don't forget Can, today is the day Dallas take the division and you cough up that CP.................................. unless you realize you got it wrong and want to cancel the bet ?
                    Go Dallas!
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                      Don't forget Can, today is the day Dallas take the division and you cough up that CP.................................. unless you realize you got it wrong and want to cancel the bet ?
                      ???

                      You don't want the bet? You having some remorse? Sorry you like Dallas. They have medication for that.

                      GO PHILLY!!!!

                      Bronx....make sure you have points in your bank, because I will be expecting them by about 6:30 pm today.....

                      Last edited by CanDB; 12-29-2019, 09:03 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        It's quite possible. I want Philly to go out there and make a statement, even minus Ertz. Goedert will have to step up to the plate, and he can. Up until recently I would not be too confident about Philly looking good, but they did show me something against Dallas. I want them to come out and get a good sized lead, and then say bye bye Dallas.
                        Yeah I want the Cowpies out and the Eagles have owned the Giants 10-1 in recent history so that's where my money is. But the last two were close so we'll see what happens...

                        Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                          ???

                          You don't want the bet? You having some remorse? Sorry you like Dallas. They have medication for that.

                          GO PHILLY!!!!
                          Nope don't particularly like Dallas and don't think either team deserve the playoffs, I just think the Giants beat Philly.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            How does a whole ref crew miss this, with the eyes of the NFL world watching, and a trip to the SB on the line? This is short and not sweet!

                            Non-calls like that is an example of the WWFNFL! Or is it WWE? Looks like All-Star wrestling.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                              Lets be real, the Saints are not the only team to have a bad call against them at the end of a game, I know it was a big playoff game but the refs make bad calls like this all the time (they cost us 2 games this season, Jags and Bears), teams just have to make sure they are in a position where one bad call doesn't decide the game, and the Saints played out OT and had the ball, but Brees through a pick. Thats why they lost.
                              So it's up to teams to blow each other out in order to overcome bad officiating? Yeah like that's realistic and going to happen! Close games will continue to happen as they have since the sport began. The zebras are ruining the integrity of the game and the League because they are deciding outcomes all too often now. It's not up to teams to fix this, it's up to the League to improve the officiating and root out any interfering corruption (bribery) from Vegas sports gambling. It's not acceptable and there's no excuses for it -none!

                              Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                              Comment


                              • I don't see how the Giants could be the favorite to beat Phili? OK, they beat ... WAS last week - in OT - and MIA the week before after losing 8? in a row. Phili is on a 3 game win streak; Phili has everything to play for and showed it last week beating the Cowboys.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X