Embracing The Mobile/Athletic QB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Daniel Jones is the perfect QB...imo. Smart quick release and MOBILE. I want my QB to make plays through the air 1st and foremost and make plays with his legs when needed.
    Did you follow him after his debut where he looked great ? The guy has a total lack of pocket awareness, and tied the league record all-time for lost fumbles in a season, in 12 starts. Jones has some admirable qualities, but his ceiling is Kirk Cousins in my eyes.

Like Kirk, when things are going well, others are playing well, he can execute the short passing game and make a play or two with his legs. But adversity isn't there friend and when things don't go well, there play suffers and they compound it. We can probably thank Jones for Shurmur though. If Jones doesn't fumble away multiple games, Shurmur is still the head coach of the Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
      Did you follow him after his debut where he looked great ? The guy has a total lack of pocket awareness, and tied the league record all-time for lost fumbles in a season, in 12 starts. Jones has some admirable qualities, but his ceiling is Kirk Cousins in my eyes.

Like Kirk, when things are going well, others are playing well, he can execute the short passing game and make a play or two with his legs. But adversity isn't there friend and when things don't go well, there play suffers and they compound it. We can probably thank Jones for Shurmur though. If Jones doesn't fumble away multiple games, Shurmur is still the head coach of the Giants.
      In fairness, his post was in September, and his assessment might have changed a wee bit since. Maybe not, but I have a hunch Jv did not remember to even come back to this thread, nor consider what he posted at that early point in the season.
      Last edited by CanDB; 02-10-2020, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Wait a minute. I see what happened here. I did not mean "embrace" literally. Now, that's ok if it's consensual, but just to make sure I didn't cloudy the situation.

Comment

Working...
        X