No announcement yet.

Tom Brady?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody ever given thought to the fact that brady has seemed to struggle a lot of the times he has played in the state of florida?

i don't think he does so well in the heat & humidity, not too mention he is old as dirt & has already started to decline...

yeah i just have a feeling there is way too much hype over this & the bucs
    sigpic

Comment

• ^^^just looked it up & his record @ miami is 7-10
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
        Has anybody ever given thought to the fact that brady has seemed to struggle a lot of the times he has played in the state of florida?

i don't think he does so well in the heat & humidity, not too mention he is old as dirt & has already started to decline...

yeah i just have a feeling there is way too much hype over this & the bucs
        We shall see. He is big advocate of proper hydration as I understand, and by being in that environment through the offseason, he will probably better conditioned to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
          Nothing like Tampa buying a team.., Brady must be drooling.

I can see the NFL pushing the story of Brady winning on two teams, Bellichek v Brady in the super bowl... blah blah..
          Just a general question....can you buy a team? With a salary cap, everyone has the opportunity to acquire, to draft, to design contracts that fit the rules of the cap. Sure, in baseball you can buy a team to some degree, and face a "luxury tax", which hurts but still allows you to overspend. But in salary cap sports, I think we can say that every team has the same budget capacity.

As for Tampa, Brady and Gronk are past their prime, Fournette became available for all to consider, and Wirfs, even Vaughn, may be smart draft picks. Evans and Godwin were already there. So they may be acquiring vs developing more so in this season, but it's what some teams do.

FTR, I am not a big Brady fan, but I see him as a different guy in Tampa, away from the Belichick machine. Seems to be happy there, minus the atmosphere of the past, even after so many successful seasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            Just a general question....can you buy a team? With a salary cap, everyone has the opportunity to acquire, to draft, to design contracts that fit the rules of the cap. Sure, in baseball you can buy a team to some degree, and face a "luxury tax", which hurts but still allows you to overspend. But in salary cap sports, I think we can say that every team has the same budget capacity.

As for Tampa, Brady and Gronk are past their prime, Fournette became available for all to consider, and Wirfs, even Vaughn, may be smart draft picks. Evans and Godwin were already there. So they may be acquiring vs developing more so in this season, but it's what some teams do.

FTR, I am not a big Brady fan, but I see him as a different guy in Tampa, away from the Belichick machine. Seems to be happy there, minus the atmosphere of the past, even after so many successful seasons.
            The salary cap has almost become an imaginary hurdle for teams. Every team seems to find some way to hand out huge contracts despite having next to no cap space. Next season it may become an actual hurdle if the cap does indeed drop but until then we get the Chiefs handing out massive deal after massive deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
              The salary cap has almost become an imaginary hurdle for teams. Every team seems to find some way to hand out huge contracts despite having next to no cap space. Next season it may become an actual hurdle if the cap does indeed drop but until then we get the Chiefs handing out massive deal after massive deal.
              I understand. I just think every team has the same cap and the same "creative" contracts, placing them all on the same playing field so to speak. Therefore, if one team can "buy" a winner, so can any other.

To me it comes down to selecting/acquiring the right combination of talent, within whatever salary structure you must adhere to, and making it happen via effort, coaching and good management (and other), and it never hurts to have a little luck as well.

Comment

• Still a long way to go, but so far Brady in Bucs gear looks a lot like 2015 Peyton Manning to me.

Comment

Working...
                X