Patriots Turnover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patriots Turnover

This is a new term I invented. It refers to when a team has everything going perfectly for them, and then they turn the ball over stupidly to their opponent.

The Patriots defense gets these all the time, with Tom Brady the beneficiary.

It happened again yesterday against KC, when Kelce SHOULD HAVE JUST FALLEN TO THE GROUND SINCE HE HAD THE FREAKING FIRST DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Other times it has happened:

1) Super Bowl against Philly
    2) Super Bowl against ATL
    3) 2009 against Ravens in the playoffs
    4) 2006 against SD

Originally posted by dolphinsneu View Post
    This is a new term I invented. It refers to when a team has everything going perfectly for them, and then they turn the ball over stupidly to their opponent.

The Patriots defense gets these all the time, with Tom Brady the beneficiary.

It happened again yesterday against KC, when Kelce SHOULD HAVE JUST FALLEN TO THE GROUND SINCE HE HAD THE FREAKING FIRST DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Other times it has happened:

1) Super Bowl against Philly
    2) Super Bowl against ATL
    3) 2009 against Ravens in the playoffs
    4) 2006 against SD
    Did he have the first down? Kelce kept running laterally and then tried to go around the defender, it looked like he may have given back his forward progress and no longer had the first down.

But to me that one wasn't the worst KC turnover of the game. The worst was the punt block because the RG just turned a player inside of him loose. It makes sense if they're in zone protection (block from your nose to your outside neighbour's nose) but in that case the PP has to protect whichever A gap he doesn't give the LS. Because the PP blocks outside that tells me it's either zone protection inside or man to man, in which case the RG has the first player from the ball.

Either way that was brutal. But full credit to the Patriots, they have now blocked 4 punts this year, and they annually are a great Special Teams group. How many wins do they get by creating big plays on teams? It makes me wonder why other teams (Denver being one) don't seem to spend nearly as much effort on Special Teams.

Comment

Working...
    X