This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
    Interesting, I learned something today, of a man named Walkter Wetzel. I tried searching the thread to see if he was mentioned and I might have missed it if he was.

He's pretty relevant to the discussion I think.
    I agree, it is a shame for him and many native americans who enjoyed the fact that they were represented on a big stage.

Unfortuantly it doesnt fit the current agenda of C A N C E L C A N C E L C A N C E L

Comment

• Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
      Its a tricky one.

The majority of people have a life to get on with. They work hard and in their spare time like to have fun and live the one life we all get. We don't want to spend our time protesting in the streets, or screaming on social media every day, or starting petitions online trying to find other like minded sad cases.

In the past drama merchants have been ignored for the loonys they are, now they are getting pandered to.

It is truly truly sad to see what a weak pathetic generation are being created. In my life I like to have honest discussions with people about anything, whether we agree or not, but I can't give the time of day to people who want to cancel everything because they are so offended they have curled up into the fetal position.

I honestly wonder how some people actually get through life.
      I am with you on this. The Cancel Culture is getting to me. Ironically it started to bother me with Kevin Hart and the Oscars.

Some things need to be cancelled. But, Washington logo aside, it seems like people are opening old file cabinets and trying to white out mistakes that they wouldn't have touched 30 years ago or that needs to be addressed, settled, and moved on from. Not cancelled.

I dreaded the moment when I was going to repeatedly say, "What I was younger," but here we are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
        Interesting, I learned something today, of a man named Walkter Wetzel. I tried searching the thread to see if he was mentioned and I might have missed it if he was.

He's pretty relevant to the discussion I think.
        Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
        Its a tricky one.

The majority of people have a life to get on with. They work hard and in their spare time like to have fun and live the one life we all get. We don't want to spend our time protesting in the streets, or screaming on social media every day, or starting petitions online trying to find other like minded sad cases.

In the past drama merchants have been ignored for the loonys they are, now they are getting pandered to.

It is truly truly sad to see what a weak pathetic generation are being created. In my life I like to have honest discussions with people about anything, whether we agree or not, but I can't give the time of day to people who want to cancel everything because they are so offended they have curled up into the fetal position.

I honestly wonder how some people actually get through life.
        Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
        Thanks for bringing him up. I never heard of him and it is another important part of the topic. Interesting story in this article.
        Careful... according to some in this thread unless you are aboriginal, you can’t have an opinion on this....

Oh wait. Walkter Wetzel is... and he says it wasn’t offensive...when he designed it... hmmmmmm.

Thanks for that.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
          I am with you on this. The Cancel Culture is getting to me. Ironically it started to bother me with Kevin Hart and the Oscars.

Some things need to be cancelled. But, Washington logo aside, it seems like people are opening old file cabinets and trying to white out mistakes that they wouldn't have touched 30 years ago or that needs to be addressed, settled, and moved on from. Not cancelled.

I dreaded the moment when I was going to repeatedly say, "What I was younger," but here we are.
          I hear ya, I'm only 35 but long for the days when people lived their live without whinging all the time or being argumentative if every little thing did not go their way. Your notice on social media that these people always pretend that they are the epicentre of morality and understanding and goodness........ until something doesn't go their way, then they turn vile.

The trouble is its all the time now. One of the TV comedys I watch from the 80's / 90's had an episode removed from the TV and then it came back with a long warning about people could get offended and views from this time were different.

I watched the whole show and couldn't understand what they were on about, and then I realised it was 2 friends in a restaurant watching a business deal going down and were newvous, at one point they grabbed hands and one of them said 'let go of my hand, people will think we're funny'.

I could only laugh at that point. Its almost as if its a challenge now to see how ridiculous you can be and get away with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
            I was following your misguided logic... and apparently I am not the only one here that pointed out you post is misguided,,, and that’s using a polite work...
            I "am not the only one here" sounds a lot like "many others", which does not seem to make the grade here. You know that argument. Who cares if 2 or 3 or even a thousand people with the same mindset say they agree. Means nothing.

I am confident in what I stated. I actually have no real idea what some of the feedback is about. I stick to my story...if folks are offended, I listen. And after doing research, I may be completely behind them, or I may not. That's my right. That's how I form my opinions. "Misguided" is your way of making me sound wrong. Your opinion. I think you are misguided.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
              I hear ya, I'm only 35 but long for the days when people lived their live without whinging all the time or being argumentative if every little thing did not go their way. Your notice on social media that these people always pretend that they are the epicentre of morality and understanding and goodness........ until something doesn't go their way, then they turn vile.

The trouble is its all the time now. One of the TV comedys I watch from the 80's / 90's had an episode removed from the TV and then it came back with a long warning about people could get offended and views from this time were different.

I watched the whole show and couldn't understand what they were on about, and then I realised it was 2 friends in a restaurant watching a business deal going down and were newvous, at one point they grabbed hands and one of them said 'let go of my hand, people will think we're funny'.

I could only laugh at that point. Its almost as if its a challenge now to see how ridiculous you can be and get away with it.
              What show was that? That doesn't sound familiar but I may not have seen the show.

OMG can you imagine All in the Family today? An all time classic that poked fun at prejudices. If either debuted today, it may not last a season.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                I "am not the only one here" sounds a lot like "many others", which does not seem to make the grade here. You know that argument. Who cares if 2 or 3 or even a thousand people with the same mindset say they agree. Means nothing.

I am confident in what I stated. I actually have no real idea what some of the feedback is about. I stick to my story...if folks are offended, I listen. And after doing research, I may be completely behind them, or I may not. That's my right. That's how I form my opinions. "Misguided" is your way of making me sound wrong. Your opinion. I think you are misguided.
                Little different. You can read this thread and see your post being questioned,, as opposed to the general “we” and “us”
                sigpic

Comment

• Ok...when we get to name calling... this thread needs a time out...,
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X