This may be New England's last year of dominance for awhile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This may be New England's last year of dominance for awhile

Charlie Weis is going to Notre Dame, and their defensive coordinator Romeo Crennell is more than likely heaed to Cleveland to coach the Browns. Those are two great coaches, and won't easily be replaced. This could be it for NE for awhile, so I'm betting that that NE will play their a$$es off Super Bowl Sunday.

They play their butts off every Sunday. WHy would the Super Bowl be any different? Unlike a lot of teams, they don't seem to have even 1 guy who takes a play off. They have really bought into what the coach is selling.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
    You should check these guys out

Comment

And that's because of Billick and company. The loss of Charlie Weis and Rome Crennell is gonna hurt them though. Just how much awaits to be seen.

Comment

I'm not talking about the players talent level, I'm talking about them losing TWO major coordinators that are an integral part in their success.

Comment

It may affect them for one season but the genius Bellicheck will get it figured out and the Pats will be in the running as long as hes there.

Comment

i wouldn't worry too much if i were a pats fan. they will win another superbowl this year. they might have a down year next year bacause of losing their coords., but they should bounce back pretty quick.

they are in great cap shape and i'm sure there are plenty of coaches chomping at the bit to be able to put O or D coord of the Pats ont their resumes.

they Pats are the model of how a NFL team should be run.

Comment

I wouldn't under-estimate Billicheck.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Maybe they will have a year in lull. Who wouldn't want to be a part of that coching staff? Where else do you have #1 picks on the DL waiting to come into the game. I agree with NJ-fan, counting out Belichick wouldn't be wise.
                I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by AlWilsonOwnsU
                  the genius . . . will get it figured out and [they] will be in the running as long as hes there.
                  that sounds oddly familiar.
                  sigpic
                  go broncos
                  share the sidewalk
                  liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
                    This could be it for NE for awhile, so I'm betting that that NE will play their a$$es off Super Bowl Sunday.

With very few free agents in their line up next year they have little to worry about. Your going to see the same team in '05 for the most part. I'm glad though.....the broncos will have a shot at them next year in the regualr season.
                    sigpic

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Comment

actually i think the loss of charlie weiss their O coordinater will hurt them the most because bellicheck is a defensive coach, and charlie weiss calls the plays, and i assume he does most of the innovative thinking as far as schemes and formations, plays, etc.. Brady will suffer the most from losing weiss.

Crennel isnt that big of a loss because Bellicheck is a defensive genious.

Comment

i dunno i think that tom brady is the best underated QB in the leage
                        cowards die many deaths ... soljas only die one .... you gotta want it

Comment

It's hard to win a SB, simple as that, but I do think the Patriots will compete each year since Brady is nearing his prime and the Patriots don't have many free-agents. Plus, the Patriots are very young on the D-line, secondary, O-Line, and receivers. The only area with age concerns are the linebackers.

Comment

I doubt you'll see a defensive drop off, Bellicheck is a defensive genius, and he will keep that D dominating. Offense is where I think you'll start too see drop off, Weis is creative and very smart, and has that offense rolling, but I dont think that offense will be as productive as it is right now without Weis. Im sure they'll bounce back quickly from whatever drop off they may suffer, but we shall see.

Comment

Working...
                            X