Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Kittle Gets 5 Year / $75M Extension

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...9ers/42211257/

Not to be outdone, Kittle is now the highest paid TE. He and Kelce are on the top end of the scale and deservedly so. He's a real force, and SF should be in contention for many years, thanks to players of his caliber and drive, and a really good GM!

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...9ers/42211257/

Not to be outdone, Kittle is now the highest paid TE. He and Kelce are on the top end of the scale and deservedly so. He's a real force, and SF should be in contention for many years, thanks to players of his caliber and drive, and a really good GM!
    I was hoping when KC won the Super Bowl that they would have to let a lot of guys walk once Mahomes got paid. Wasn't happy they got a deal done with Kelce. So happy to see Kittle get paid more than Kelce though... It just makes me feel happy. Kelce has always been one of those guys I just love to hate... With Kittle being 5 years and Kelce being 4, maybe it's not too big of a difference in long run, but still pleased that Kelce is less.
    Last edited by Sophia23; 08-15-2020, 08:14 AM.
    sigpic
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
    Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

Who was drafted just before George in 2017 with the first pick in the fifth round?
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        Who was drafted just before George in 2017 with the first pick in the fifth round?
        That would be the infamous (jokes) Jake Butt. It is amazing how many teams got it wrong on Kittle.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
          That would be the infamous (jokes) Jake Butt. It is amazing how many teams got it wrong on Kittle.
          Painfully true for a lot of GMs. Based on last year's draft though, I don't think anyone's getting caught slipping on Iowa tight ends for the foreseeable future.

Comment

It's an interesting bit of trivia.

Comment

Maybe Jake will surprise this season and stay healthy, get rotated in and contribute to the success of the offense with some catches, pancakes and TDs? He has made it past the first day looking good.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                Painfully true for a lot of GMs. Based on last year's draft though, I don't think anyone's getting caught slipping on Iowa tight ends for the foreseeable future.
                Some of George's success is due to Kyle Shanahan's O and some is the result of coaching, but George has studied and practiced hard and plays with intensity which results from his total commitment. He is a great player who has made a number of game changing plays in his career, so far.

Comment

Maybe Jake will surprise this season and stay healthy, get rotated in and contribute to the success of the offense with some catches, pancakes and TDs? He has made it past the first day looking good.
                  Yes, that's true and it could happen. We'll see how it goes for the whole team when the pads go on and the hitting begins.

Comment

So Sam, are you not ok with me calling it the butt of a trivia joke?

My bad....
                    Last edited by CanDB; 08-15-2020, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                      So Sam, are you not ok with me calling it the butt of a trivia joke?

My bad....
                      "It" is the butt of a joke based on trivia?

By "it", do you mean a person, place or thing? By "trivia", do you mean the Cult of Diana?

I'm OK.

Comment

"It" is the butt of a joke based on trivia?

By "it", do you mean a person, place or thing? By "trivia", do you mean the Cult of Diana?

I'm OK.
                        Lets be clear, not choosing Kittle over Jake was a terrible decision in hindsight.

Comment

We could have had Kittle? He's one of my favorite players.
                          Administrator
                          sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Working...
                          X