Lynn Bowden traded to the Dolphins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynn Bowden traded to the Dolphins

Only posting this because it’s strange to see a 3rd round pick just drafted traded along with a 6th for a 4th round pick.

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Only posting this because it’s strange to see a 3rd round pick just drafted traded along with a 6th for a 4th round pick.
    It was a weird pick in the first place. They took Ruggs, deep threat, check. Then they take Bowden? If Bowden's a receiver, you'd think he's a slot receiver, but they got Renfrow. Then, they take Edwards, who hopefully replaces T Williams. So, what the hell was Bowden for? RB, ok. They got Jacobs, who I'm pretty sure they don't think is a receiver, but they just re-signed Richard, so he's the receiving back. And then Booker, who can catch. They're set. Where does Bowden play into all of that, is a mystery to me. Dolphins might actually use him the way he should be. Mayock might've wasted a pick.

He's the quintessential gadget player in my eyes. Upside to be a good slot receiver. Or...receiver out of the backfield? Move him around? Kyle Shanahan clearly doesn't think Matt Breida can catch, and Jordan Howard is not good at it. He's ok, but just calling a spade a spade. Miami, maybe gets another receiving threat for 3rd down here, or they use him to compliment Williams and Parker. The trade makes sense for them. The pick made no sense for the Raiders, IMO.

Comment

From what I’ve read on it sounds like his blocking played a big role in it. The thing is, he was a WR at Kentucky before the injuries forced him to QB and while he played RB in high school, there’s not much involvement for pass pro for RBs there.

Seems like they wanted him at RB or at least returner. Just a weird string of moves they made though, also cutting Amukamara whom they just signed as well as Damarious Randall. They’re just giving away money

Comment

The funny thing is we traded him for OUR draft pick we traded to them to get Raekwon McMillan.

Things I just read was that he was more concerned with picking up new cars than the playbook, wasn't explosive on the field he and was getting killed in blocks. And that Vegas was distracting him and he might be a bad influence on the rookies.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
          The funny thing is we traded him for OUR draft pick we traded to them to get Raekwon McMillan.

Things I just read was that he was more concerned with picking up new cars than the playbook, wasn't explosive on the field he and was getting killed in blocks. And that Vegas was distracting him and he might be a bad influence on the rookies.
          I wish I could've been the guy to tell him. "Lynn. We like what you bring, that's why we drafted you in the 3rd round. We just don't think there's a place for you on the roster this year. We know you like to party, so we shipped you to Miami."

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post

strange, but the Raiders have seen stranger stuff
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Bowden was a heck of a player to play against in college. Teams knew going in to try and stop him but rarely did. The Raiders coaching staff thought process again looks shaky at best. Considering draft slot maneuvers, not having a place on the team for the talent, then as you stated trading the guy for less. They're lucky to have Josh Jacobs to cover their mistakes

Comment

Datsun b210. I had a 75 for 2 years when I was in my early 20’s.
                sigpic
                Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Working...
                X