Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The rest of the NFL games discussion thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a weird game.... such sudden and huge momentum shifts..
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post

The Vikes, lacking UV shades, can only endure those blazing, neon green jerseys for so long without sustaining vision damage. My eyes are hurting too.
      I know.

But somehow they turned the thing around again!!!

Whoa...The Vikes just gave Russ another shot to win.

Comment

• Like him or not (though it's hard not to like this guy) Wilson is almost a sure thing late in close games.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          Michael Thomas out again for the Saints game, for punching a teammate in practice.

https://www.nfl.com/news/saints-wr-m...linary-reasons
          Whaaat is this guy doing???!?

Comment

• In fantasy I have just two teams, but in the last 2 weeks I lost Ekeler, Chubb and Prescott. Up to then I was lucky. But others have lost Barkley, McCaffrey, Sutton and so many others. And this is not to mention all the other players who do not stand out directly in regular fantasy, though someone like Miller has a significant impact on our D. Last I looked there were nearly 200 players on IR alone.

I hope this has peaked out, but I do worry that stops and starts due to the pandemic will alter the routines and practice requirements to the point of causing more injury.

They are well paid young men, but they pay a huge physical and mental price at times.
            Last edited by CanDB; 10-14-2020, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• With his helmet on, Justin Herbert looks EXACTLY like an old school QB but I can't pinpoint who. I'm thinking decent journeyman. Not the skill set, just the face. This is killing me lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                With his helmet on, Justin Herbert looks EXACTLY like an old school QB but I can't pinpoint who. I'm thinking decent journeyman. Not the skill set, just the face. This is killing me lol.
                How old school we talking? John Kitna?

Can't wait for New Orleans to get the ball back. Maybe slap Wil Lutz in there at quarterback, and run some option.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

It might be him because I was thinking Bengals or Cowboys. I'd CP you here's a like.

Comment

• Looks like last night's game a bit, with Wilson doing little in the first half. Can Brees make a comeback? It would help if Thomas would dress up for a game!

But I do like Herbert so far. He looks good in there for a rookie. This team could be dangerous next year, with Ekeler in there along with James on D.

Comment

• Brees/Payton are the most overhyped QB/HC combo in NFL history. They are loved by all, and lauded for all their accomplishments. On the other hand Rodgers/McCarthy were continuously criticized for not winning enough. Compare the resumes of the two duos, almost identical except Rodgers/McCarthy were a little better.

Payton never seemed to face criticism for forcing Hill in at QB at strange times, back when Brees was still good. Now that Brees is washed up, and Hill is a $10.5 million gadget player, maybe people will see that Payton isn't an offensive genius, but rather a guy who rode a great QBs coattails to his reputation.

Comment

• Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                        It might be him because I was thinking Bengals or Cowboys. I'd CP you here's a like.
                        Jon Kitna was the starter in Cincy and then a backup in Dallas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

Can't wait for New Orleans to get the ball back. Maybe slap Wil Lutz in there at quarterback, and run some option.
                          Payton is a "genius" so he might do something like that. Although judging by his use of the poor man's Tebow he'd probably wait until Brees marched them down the field, completed several straight passes, and then call for the Lutz option.

Comment

• Kickers......ugh.

Comment

• Not quite as pretty but The Saints did The Seattle thing. Poor Herbert plays pretty good ball and ends up losing back to back games that looked really positive halfway. Darn those extra 30 minutes!!

Comment

• What, no football tonight??!!

Comment

Working...
                                X