Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The rest of the NFL games discussion thread....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KC could lose this game. Imagine that, given if we win our next, against them, we are 1/2 game behind them. How quickly things can change!

    Comment


    • KC's oline is opening pretty nice holes, all day.

      Comment


      • Bills imploding

        Comment


        • Bills have given themselves a chance. Need a stop

          Comment


          • These chiefs remind me of the loaded Chargers and Phil Rivers. Always some random dude 94 yards open, or some corkscrew floater finds a receiver in a hole.

            I'm sick of the Chiefs already. Better lucky than good, but they are extreme amounts of both and its flippin annoying.
            sigpic

            Hooray, beer!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
              These chiefs remind me of the loaded Chargers and Phil Rivers. Always some random dude 94 yards open, or some corkscrew floater finds a receiver in a hole.

              I'm sick of the Chiefs already. Better lucky than good, but they are extreme amounts of both and its flippin annoying.
              What you cannot do against a team like that is play coverage. The Bills needed to blitz more and take a few chances.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by GMTD View Post

                What you cannot do against a team like that is play coverage. The Bills needed to blitz more and take a few chances.
                They tried that and Mahomes okie-doked 4 bills at the same time. Josh Allen looked like crap. He literally looked like Uncle Rico in a helmet.
                sigpic

                Hooray, beer!

                Comment


                • All these MNF games....feels like Thanksgiving, with no turkey. (meat pies were fine)

                  Comment


                  • Zeke has butter fingers tonight!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

                      They tried that and Mahomes okie-doked 4 bills at the same time. Josh Allen looked like crap. He literally looked like Uncle Rico in a helmet.
                      Did he throw the ball over a mountain ? or almost win State?
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

                        I'd rather have a defensive coach gamble at the end of games in a win or lose scenario than a Jay Gruden, Adam Gase, or Zach Taylor where we abandoned the run half way through the first quarter, and the game's already over anyway. I would put Matt Nagy in there, but he's so good at coordinating the passing game, that they still somehow win games without running the football.
                        Tell that to the Houston players, if they end up missing the playoffs by one game. Same thing with the FT.

                        A tie is better than a loss and the Texans even had a chance to prevent a tie, if they had just kicked the extra point.
                        You Mad Bro?

                        Comment


                        • Dallas tries the run even when down 3 TDs with little time in the half.

                          Comment


                          • Dallas should look around the LR and try to see how many players are willing to pay a price. They looked bad.

                            So NFC East now 5 wins, 18 losses, 1 tie.

                            Dallas in first place at 2 and 4....

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by broncolee View Post

                              Tell that to the Houston players, if they end up missing the playoffs by one game. Same thing with the FT.

                              A tie is better than a loss and the Texans even had a chance to prevent a tie, if they had just kicked the extra point.
                              Yep. They need a self absorbed offensive genius like Bill O'Brien to come in and make the right call there. If there's anything to take away from a call like that, it's that you're putting faith in your team and going all in on seizing the moment. I'm a believer in the SAS "Who Dares Wins" mantra. It's all about timing, though. You're not just going to do that every chance you get, or you're an idiot. In the right moment, I could live with a loss in that situation. These are struggling teams that need a spark, and something to rally around.

                              It's all a matter of philosophy though. IMO, it's wise to play the numbers, and do the practical thing most of the time. Sooner or later though, you'll have to take a risk, and go for the throat.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

                                Yep. They need a self absorbed offensive genius like Bill O'Brien to come in and make the right call there. If there's anything to take away from a call like that, it's that you're putting faith in your team and going all in on seizing the moment. I'm a believer in the SAS "Who Dares Wins" mantra. It's all about timing, though. You're not just going to do that every chance you get, or you're an idiot. In the right moment, I could live with a loss in that situation. These are struggling teams that need a spark, and something to rally around.

                                It's all a matter of philosophy though. IMO, it's wise to play the numbers, and do the practical thing most of the time. Sooner or later though, you'll have to take a risk, and go for the throat.
                                It’s always better to give your team the best chance possible to make the playoffs, even if it means risking a tie. Take the chances in the playoffs.
                                Last edited by broncolee; 10-20-2020, 12:42 PM.
                                You Mad Bro?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X