Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The rest of the NFL games discussion thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

It’s always better to give your team the best chance possible chance to make the playoffs, even if it means risking a tie. Take the chances in the playoffs.
    The timing may not have been right in either case. I doubt I would have done what Crennel did, but I understand what he's trying to do there. He's the interim of a team that had no life and no chance before he took over.

Comment

• So it's going to be Tua Time! I think the young QB fraternity is in good stead for the coming years.

Comment

• Big game tonight, one team has an excellent shot at 2 wins, tying them with Dallas for the most wins in that "spectacular" division!!!

Comment

• Comment

• ^^^^^Jones tripped up by invisible defender.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              ^^^^^Jones tripped up by invisible defender.
              Marcus Spears has a funny explanation for that Jones fall.

He said Jones’ soul left his body and tackled him so that he wouldn’t embarrass himself with his celebration.
              You Mad Bro?

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Marcus Spears has a funny explanation for that Jones fall.

He said Jones’ soul left his body and tackled him so that he wouldn’t embarrass himself with his celebration.
                I think I know what Jones was thinking. I seem to remember being home free when I was playing (way back), and I panicked, given that there was only one bad possibility....them catching up to me. It's like, other than scoring, the only alternative sucks!!! Poor dude. It seems to me Decker was tripped up by imaginary people as well!

Last edited by CanDB; 10-23-2020, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• Look who might be back!!!
                  Antonio Brown will be eligible to play in the NFL in about two weeks. He's on the verge of being a two-month rental for the 2020 season. The Buccaneers are close to agreeing on a one-year deal with the former All-Pro wide receiver, Ian Rapoport reports.

Comment

Look who might be back!!!
                    So the Bucs are going more 11 personnel, and Brown becomes the other wide out opposite Evans. Good lord, if Brown is still good, Brady better not screw this up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

So the Bucs are going more 11 personnel, and Brown becomes the other wide out opposite Evans. Good lord, if Brown is still good, Brady better not screw this up.
                      I kind of liked their receiving corps as it was, once Godwin returned.

Actually I bet Brady is begging for a trade to acquire Edelman. Julian's productivity is way down with Newton, and I am sure he'd entertain a return to high level targets every week.
                      Last edited by CanDB; 10-23-2020, 07:22 PM.

Comment

I kind of liked their receiving corps as it was, once Godwin returned.

Actually I bet Brady is begging for a trade to acquire Edelman. Julian's productivity is way down with Newton, and I am sure he'd entertain a return to high level targets every week.
                        I looked at some numbers, and it kind of makes sense. They're better at running the ball out of 3 receiver sets than 2 tight ends. Plus, losing Howard... I kind of agree with you, though. Tyler Johnson, I feel, is good, and will be a really good receiver in this league. Miller...serviceable. They both seem to be more slot type guys, but the third receiver option hasn't been bad. And AB brings cancer potential. We'll see how it goes. With that defense, they probably would've been fine staying the course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

I looked at some numbers, and it kind of makes sense. They're better at running the ball out of 3 receiver sets than 2 tight ends. Plus, losing Howard... I kind of agree with you, though. Tyler Johnson, I feel, is good, and will be a really good receiver in this league. Miller...serviceable. They both seem to be more slot type guys, but the third receiver option hasn't been bad. And AB brings cancer potential. We'll see how it goes. With that defense, they probably would've been fine staying the course.
                          True enough. I like their receivers, and who wouldn't, but Godwin has been down for a while and Evans has not been 100%.

Comment

• As expected, free agent wide receiver Antonio Brown and the Buccaneers have finalized and agreed to a one-year deal, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Saturday, per source.

Comment

• I amazes me that teams bring these wingnuts back over and over as long as they can produce in any meaningful way...
                              sigpic

Comment

• Didn't really appreciate it but Pittsburgh and Tennessee are playing for the right to stay undefeated! Hey, we lost to them both, but not exactly pond scum.

Then there's another NFC East battle, to allow someone to come away with a W.....maybe. I guess 'W'ashington already has one.
                                Last edited by CanDB; 10-24-2020, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X