Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The rest of the NFL games discussion thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brady did not have a good second half. I'm not quite convinced that Tampa is a real threat just yet. They have a nice group of names on paper, and maybe some of the boyz are still hurting, but just not convinced yet. They may bring it all together in the next month or so. They are close. Need to see some better play from Tom, Fournette and a few others.

Comment

• Thanksgiving brings its 3 NFL games to us. The first is a sad tale about a Houston team that is no longer a contender, and The Lowly Lions. I guess we'll call it a small appetizer, other than for those of us in fantasy. I was going to make a prediction but I actually don't care enough.

Game two brings us, get this, a playoff important game, with two 3 and 7 teams, both just one tie behind the leaders. I am pulling for Washington in what used to be a great rivalry, with Dallas. But all teams in that division have 3 wins, and are all still very much alive!! This might the year that a playoff bound team has a super high draft pick, just based on regular season play!!

But yes, the evening brings us a good game, hopefully, with the less than stellar Ravens playing the undefeated Steelers. I like The Steelers. They seem more energized and Lamar is playing down a level, or two.

Last edited by CanDB; 11-24-2020, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• I’m probably most excited for the Washington game, Alex Smith still has it and is making an incredible comeback. Steeler and Ravens will probably be better than anticipated, I think the Ravens get the upset.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
          I’m probably most excited for the Washington game, Alex Smith still has it and is making an incredible comeback. Steeler and Ravens will probably be better than anticipated, I think the Ravens get the upset.
          Go Alex!!! Did any of us anticipate an Alex Smith / Andy Dalton Washington / Dallas game this season? And an important one at that!

Remember, the goal is to make the playoffs, even if you stumble into it.

Comment

• Oh shoot....the good game tomorrow (Ravens/Steelers) is postponed til Sunday. That's the story of this year. Hey, 2 so so games are better than nothing!

Comment

• OK.....just teared up watching little man Mo Gaba from Baltimore on NFL Gameday. So touching, so sad, so inspiring.

Last edited by CanDB; 11-26-2020, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• As I watch Detroit I think, this team has not had a rich history. Then I look into their performance. Makes me feel spoiled as a football fan given the following:

- Since their win in 1957, they have just 1 playoff victory!!! 1 playoff win in 63 years!!

- In the period of 2001 thru 2010, they did not have a winning season. They went 39 and 121, including 0 and 16 in 2008.

- Their last playoff victory was in 1991, 29 years ago.

How do those fans do it??!! (I have to recheck everything because I can not believe these stats!)
                Last edited by CanDB; 11-26-2020, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• That option Houston just ran is something I desperately want us to implement into our offense.

Comment

• Jeez, the Lions are a penalty and turnover machine. Unbelievable.
                    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Bad play by Watson
                      sigpic
                      oakland raders gm
                      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        As I watch Detroit I think, this team has not had a rich history. Then I look into their performance. Makes me feel spoiled as a football fan given the following:

- Since their win in 1957, they have just 1 playoff victory!!! 1 playoff win in 63 years!!

- In the period of 2001 thru 2010, they did not have a winning season. They went 39 and 121, including 0 and 16 in 2008.

- Their last playoff victory was in 1991, 29 years ago.

How do those fans do it??!! (I have to recheck everything because I can not believe these stats!)
                        It has a rich history before like 1958. They won several nfl championships and was one of the better teams till the curse of Bobby Layne
                        sigpic
                        oakland raders gm
                        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

It has a rich history before like 1958. They won several nfl championships and was one of the better teams till the curse of Bobby Layne
                          Lucky I'm so old, otherwise I would not even have known that!!

But thank goodness for Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson, who made football fun while they were doing their thing!

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Lucky I'm so old, otherwise I would not even have known that!!

But thank goodness for Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson, who made football fun while they were doing their thing!
                            I laugh at the Lions and their fan base...it's fine i grew up in Detroit and everybody except my grandmother is a Lions fan.(She's a Steelers fan.)
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Stafford looks like he's lost his gunslinger approach. He seems glued to his TEs and handing the ball off, when he needs to be a little sharper downfield. I know he is missing Golladay, but that's not new to The NFL.
                              Last edited by CanDB; 11-26-2020, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• Fuller's having a day....so is Watson.

Comment

Working...
                                X