Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The rest of the NFL games discussion thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post

The Lions have fired Matt Patricia.
    Should have never fired Caldwell and should have never hired Patricia. Patricia unlike most inexperienced coaches, didn't look inexperienced, he looked out right bad. Like he is just someone not meant to be a head coach, hell even as a defensive coordinator he's overrated. Patriots defense often ranked low in everything but points allowed. But their DVOA ranking was never higher than 12th, often lower than 16th. Their defense had the benefit of playing with leads. He's not like guys like Vance, Fangio, Bowles, or even former Lions head coach Jim Schwartz. Those guys you see their defense and they just look nasty and often players who unperformed without one else, performs highly for for those guys.

As for the Lions future, I can see them going for Lincoln Riley, but they really need a solid GM if they wanna be better than their normal last place in the North position. Detroit gives majority of the power to GMs. So the GM will be the one building the team, they'll need a coach that fits what that GM aims to build. Not just go out and get pretty names....that's how coaching careers get ruined.

If they wanna go the Lincoln Riley route like I expect them too, they should see if Joe Hortiz would take the GM. They would make a decent combo.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Wow.....though I was focused on their poor history, I did not expect this to happen. Not because it shouldn't, but given the leadership issues we've discussed.

Comment

• Not a whole lot to report so far today, though Henry is having another day!!! Not even 1st half, and he's had a fabulous game!

Haha....he just scored his 3rd TD of the half, right after I posted this!! Hmmm....what's the record for TDs in a game??? (Answer - 6. Gale Sayers and Dub Jones)
        Last edited by CanDB; 11-29-2020, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• How can The Raiders put up a good fight with KC and look so bad against Atlanta???

Comment

• NFL Officials still hate the Browns, apparently.

Comment

• Anthony Lynn is an awful game manager for the Chargers. He will not last long if he keeps mismanaging the clock every game

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                How can The Raiders put up a good fight with KC and look so bad against Atlanta???
                Atlanta when they apply themselves are a very good team.

Comment

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post

Atlanta when they apply themselves are a very good team.
                  They can be good, but they have had some very poor finishes this season. Just that the Raiders seem to be two different teams at times. Carr was horrible today. He was expected to have a good game, but it never happened. Jacobs must be still inured because he does not look like a top 10 back as was advertised prior to the season. And their D is so so.

Comment

• I hope some of our football fears won't happen...survival of the fittest in a covid sense.

Comment

• Just when you might think the Ravens/Steelers game is on for tomorrow, now there's a concern with the weather!! Are these all signs from above??

Comment

• Weather isn’t the concern. The Ravens won’t stop testing positive.
                        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                        You Mad Bro?
                        Don’t Be A Mean Girl
                        Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                          Weather isn’t the concern. The Ravens won’t stop testing positive.
                          And it was mentioned that weather is ALSO a potential issue. This is the weather statement:

* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 3 to 5
                          inches.

* WHERE...Portions of northwest, southwest and western
                          Pennsylvania and northern and the northern panhandle of West
                          Virginia.

* WHEN...From 1 AM Tuesday to 7 AM EST Wednesday.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult. The hazardous
                          conditions could impact the morning or evening commute.
                          Last edited by CanDB; 11-30-2020, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

They can be good, but they have had some very poor finishes this season. Just that the Raiders seem to be two different teams at times. Carr was horrible today. He was expected to have a good game, but it never happened. Jacobs must be still inured because he does not look like a top 10 back as was advertised prior to the season. And their D is so so.
                            It’s because I started Carr this week. I’ve literally missed on every single week on who to start at QB. It really has me questioning my draft philosophy.

Edit: at this point I’d start our opponent’s QB every game if I could. Mahomes would probably get me 6 points next week
                            Last edited by beastlyskronk; 11-30-2020, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

It’s because I started Carr this week. I’ve literally missed on every single week on who to start at QB. It really has me questioning my draft philosophy.

Edit: at this point I’d start our opponent’s QB every game if I could. Mahomes would probably get me 6 points next week
                              I feel for you Beast. I lost one of my best players - Prescott, and it's been a struggle finding a good QB since. So yeah, I started Carr yesterday, amid promising pre game predictions, and zap!!! So far so good with Wilson in my other league....I pray for his health!!!!

Comment

• OK....now we are talking Wednesday Night Football between The Ravens/Steelers. Have they ever played on a Wednesday night??

Not a good thing given The Steelers were scheduled to play on Sunday, but are now moved to Monday. The Ravens, fortunately for them, scheduled for Monday.
                                Last edited by CanDB; 11-30-2020, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X