Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The rest of the NFL games discussion thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
    I picked the Steelers in the Pick em game before I found out Jackson wasn't playing. I still want them to win but I was hoping that RG3 would have a good game. I've always liked him.
    RG made some things happen, but I was concerned with his limp at the end of the half. Hope he is ok, because he could keep them in the game. I am expecting a Steelers victory but The Ravens have amazingly kept themselves in it, and if not for the near drop, they would be ahead.

Weird, Ben is pretty much throwing every down!! But The Ravens Dbacks are very good!!

Update....2nd half and RGIII looks ok. Good. Want a decent finish.
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-02-2020, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• Such a frustrating game to watch. Now the Ravens Dbacks are going down. Not much left. Have to believe The Ravens would have won this game if healthy, but that's on them.

Comment

• Could still win it Ah...maybe not now

Comment

• I think The Steelers. though good, are the worst 11 and 0 NFL team I've ever seen!

Comment

• Michigan legislators have asked the Lions owner to hire Robert Saleh. While I think he’d be a great hire I think that puts the team and the NFL in a weird position

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
              Michigan legislators have asked the Lions owner to hire Robert Saleh. While I think he’d be a great hire I think that puts the team and the NFL in a weird position
              The NFL might like the idea. Wouldn't he be the first Middle Eastern(Muslim) head coach in NFL history? That would put a lot of attention on the league in a positive way that the league would like. For the Lions though it wouldn't be a great move to have a head coach before having a GM, he can tell your new GM that you favor Saleh. But ultimately you won't your GM to find the coach and coaching staff.

But this goes back to what I've told CanDB about the team before as a Detroit Native. The Fords don't run the team like a team, they run it like a business, a business that just needs to be profitable, not winning. This move would make the Lions some money, so they'll pounder it. But this also is the Michigan legislators trying to turn the pro team into the college team. The way University of Michigan prioritizes coaching hires is 2 ways, what do the alumni think and if that person is a Michigan man. Michigan man means a former student or coach of the team or a native to the state.

These legislators don't favor Saleh because he's a good coach, they favor him because he's a Michigan native and money can be made off him being Middle Eastern.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Browns looking great vs Titans. 31-7, not even half time.
                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

The NFL might like the idea. Wouldn't he be the first Middle Eastern(Muslim) head coach in NFL history? That would put a lot of attention on the league in a positive way that the league would like. For the Lions though it wouldn't be a great move to have a head coach before having a GM, he can tell your new GM that you favor Saleh. But ultimately you won't your GM to find the coach and coaching staff.

But this goes back to what I've told CanDB about the team before as a Detroit Native. The Fords don't run the team like a team, they run it like a business, a business that just needs to be profitable, not winning. This move would make the Lions some money, so they'll pounder it. But this also is the Michigan legislators trying to turn the pro team into the college team. The way University of Michigan prioritizes coaching hires is 2 ways, what do the alumni think and if that person is a Michigan man. Michigan man means a former student or coach of the team or a native to the state.

These legislators don't favor Saleh because he's a good coach, they favor him because he's a Michigan native and money can be made off him being Middle Eastern.
                  He would probably be the first Muslim HC. There is of course already a Muslim owner in Shad Khan (Jags).

I'm not quite sure how this works though. Can legislators nominate or select a HC for an NFL team? That seems odd to me. I thought that NFL teams were private organisations.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                    Browns looking great vs Titans. 31-7, not even half time.
                    Never saw that coming at all.

Comment

• Yes indeed, Browns look for real! If Mayfield just plays average football, this team can go far.

That kind of day, The Titans fumble the last play of the half...
                      Last edited by CanDB; 12-06-2020, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        Yes indeed, Browns look for real! If Mayfield just plays average football, this team can go far.

That kind of day, The Titans fumble the last play of the half...
                        This was supposed to be a more competitive match between even teams, not a lop-sided blowout! I think it's out of reach even if Tennessee somehow surges back. Very disappointing.

The AFC North is definitely the power in the League this year.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post

This was supposed to be a more competitive match between even teams, not a lop-sided blowout! I think it's out of reach even if Tennessee somehow surges back. Very disappointing.

The AFC North is definitely the power in the League this year.
                          When two 8 and 3 teams come together, you expect a decent game. The Browns are impressive so far this year, because Mayfield is not exactly kickin it. Therefore they have some really good pieces, possibly good coaching. Heck, when you see Chubb/Hunt as their backfield, it's almost a problem having to sit one.

Comment

• Is this possibly the day that The Jets win a game?? Raiders are so iffy!

Comment

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post

He would probably be the first Muslim HC. There is of course already a Muslim owner in Shad Khan (Jags).

I'm not quite sure how this works though. Can legislators nominate or select a HC for an NFL team? That seems odd to me. I thought that NFL teams were private organisations.
                              I don't think its common if that's the question. The Lions are owned by the Ford family and that family has their hands in Michigan politics as you expect from the Ford Motor Company in the home of Ford.(Detroit) Does the Lions have to agree? No, they can say "Sure we'll interview him. but we won't promise a hire." And it'll be nothing on the surface.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• They really need to change the onside kick rules, it's a hopeless joke.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X