Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The rest of the NFL games discussion thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
    How long do you think he'll last?

At the way they keep promoting him, I expect him to add minority owner to his title long before they fire him.

Bad coach who gets outreached when games matter...check
    Given temp GM job and immediately takes WAY too much for an average to slightly below averag LT...check
    Given permanent say on personnel and immediately trades their best player and more for a washed up RB...check

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
      Other coaches would have a much better roster because they wouldn’t have made the idiotic moves he’s made.

Haha, that is true.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        But I've been amazed how a rookie RB was top 10 in fantasy leagues, without touching the ball. It says a lot about KC, but also a lot about the young man's talent. You may be right about the future, but if you can win now, I say go for it.
        No doubt about that. I would have taken him at 11 if he was still there. For this season he's the perfect addition and compliment to that offense. If they win two straight they might not care about the pick down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
          At the way they keep promoting him, I expect him to add minority owner to his title long before they fire him.

Bad coach who gets outreached when games matter...check
          Given temp GM job and immediately takes WAY too much for an average to slightly below averag LT...check
          Given permanent say on personnel and immediately trades their best player and more for a washed up RB...check
          So... they're started tanking for Trevor Lawrence early. Check

Comment

I swear Tyreek Hill only has to run 2 routes to be effective. A go and a curl, that’s it. Play off and that curl is there every time, play up and he’ll get by you for a long gain at some point.

Sure he can run the whole route tree but that’s just gravy. I imagine it’s hard to resist going to him every play

Great point. I'm sure teams have tried it, but I'd be tempted to try and play a cover 2 man shell with the DB pressing Hill. Ofcourse the problem with cover 2 man is that it leaves you wide open against QBs that can run, and Mahomes can exploit that.

Comment

That's a brutal penalty to take, because they had the play covered and the pick regardless. I haven't watched much of the game, but that has to be Mahomes worst decision tonight. I can't imagine a worse one.

Comment

No doubt about that. I would have taken him at 11 if he was still there. For this season he's the perfect addition and compliment to that offense. If they win two straight they might not care about the pick down the road.
                But I concur, KC has paid out some big time contracts for the guys they like, so I am the same page as to how they will deal with long term salary caps.

The bad news....one of my fantasy opponents has Edwards-Helaire.

Comment

I would always line up right over Tyreek Hill around the goal line, and then get massive inside leverage when Mahomes looks away. All they ever do with him is run drags in the red zone, and then it's just a track meet, and you're screwed.

Comment

Great point. I'm sure teams have tried it, but I'd be tempted to try and play a cover 2 man shell with the DB pressing Hill. Ofcourse the problem with cover 2 man is that it leaves you wide open against QBs that can run, and Mahomes can exploit that.
                    And then you have a mismatch with Kelce against whoever. Plus with the rest of the track team you can just run a bunch of crossers and catch people in a foot race

Comment

Not sure it's been mentioned, butI don't like that fans are in some games and not others. I think it should be uniform league wide, either everyone can have fans (limited by local restrictions) or no one can have fans.

Comment

But I concur, I am not sure how KC will manage their long term salary caps, based on the big payouts to the guys they covet.

The sad news.....one of my fantasy opponents has Edwards-Helaire....

And what's with Watkins?? Is his best game of the year going to be his first one, two years in a row??

Comment

And then you have a mismatch with Kelce against whoever. Plus with the rest of the track team you can just run a bunch of crossers and catch people in a foot race

Yep. That's the pick your poison nature of their offense. They can beat you in a lot of ways. I think their biggest question will again be defense. If they play like they did in the playoffs, this team is extremely tough to beat. If the defense regresses to what they were in previous seasons, then they'll have a tough time because of the constant need to outscore the opponent.

Comment

David Johnson has looked good. He’s definitely a step slower. I know he’s been hurt but I don’t think anything lower body wise. Good to see him figuring it out how to be productive without that extra top gear

Comment

Yep. That's the pick your poison nature of their offense. They can beat you in a lot of ways. I think their biggest question will again be defense. If they play like they did in the playoffs, this team is extremely tough to beat. If the defense regresses to what they were in previous seasons, then they'll have a tough time because of the constant need to outscore the opponent.
                              There aren’t a lot of big names on that defense but I’m a firm believer in Safeties being the most important part of a defense. Matthieu is one of the best right now and when you add in an interior presence like Jones, you can throw a bunch of guys around them and those two will do enough to pull it out.

I hate it

Comment

David Johnson has looked good. He’s definitely a step slower. I know he’s been hurt but I don’t think anything lower body wise. Good to see him figuring it out how to be productive without that extra top gear
                                Yeah, he's slower, but he looks good. Definitely better than the tail end of last season. He's giving Houston exactly what they needed. Not so much on Cooks so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X