Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The rest of the NFL games discussion thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Haskins cut today by Washington.
    This is bizarre for its timing. Not just releasing the guy Rivera hoped with be their franchise QB, but doing so when the team is one win away from Divisional title and 4th NFC seed in the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      I liked how Chris Collinsworth detailed how Adams pretty much only uses his feet/lower legs to start a route, and in doing so, made me appreciate how dynamic his foot work is. All receivers use their feet/ankles and of course legs, to create speed and often more important, create space. The ability to separate oneself as a receiver is critical, unless you can outrun everyone, or you are physically more inclined to catch balls that defenders can not reach.

But watching Adams was quite interesting for me, because his moves are incredibly powerful and elusive. Dbacks must shake a little in their boots wondering which way he is going. Most of us were taught to keep our eyes on a runner's waist area, because that was the best indicator of where they were headed. And though that may be so with Adams, I get a feeling that his mid section is not really telling the whole story, given his incredible feet/lower leg action.
      It was also mentioned that Adams rarely hand fights. He is gifted and frankly the most underrated player in the NFL today.
      sigpic
      Adopted Broncos:
      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

The experiment is already over! This guy just never seemed to have it. Tough time for Washington, given their playoff possibilities. I really hope Smith gets them into postseason! Helps too that Gibson is back.

Another team on the QB draft watch list for sure.
        Was a gamble out the gate. Ohio St QBs tend to not fair well in the NFL.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

It was also mentioned that Adams rarely hand fights. He is gifted and frankly the most underrated player in the NFL today.
          I would say he was underrated, but if anyone does not call him what he is, an elite player, they are not very observant.

Comment

• REVENGE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
              REVENGE!!!

Methinks those two men and that city should stay far apart!!

Comment

Haskins cut today by Washington.
                I feel for him. He got put into the same position that RG3 was in, only RG had a good rookie year. Snyder. I'd like to see him gone.

Originally posted by GMTD View Post

This is bizarre for its timing. Not just releasing the guy Rivera hoped with be their franchise QB, but doing so when the team is one win away from Divisional title and 4th NFC seed in the playoffs.
                I've heard that Rivera didn't want him. That no one wanted him except Snyder. The PS QB came in and out-played Haskins. Maybe Smith is well enough to be the backup (if not the starter)?

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                REVENGE!!!

Side note: The only thing that bothered me about Haskins going to a party without a mask is that his coach has cancer and has been going through treatments. I'm glad it turned out okay.
                Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• So gang....do you think Buffalo is going to send a message tonight? Personally, BB will be prepared as always, but I believe The Bills will be coming out strong and determined. No stones unturned. Having said that, if they had Gilmore I would expect a solid D performance, but without him they are pretty ordinary.

Comment

• So I hear that some, maybe many Jags fans were cheering for Chicago to score, in hopes of securing the #1 pick. I would not cheer or make any type of gesture against my team, but when a potential once in a generation QB comes along, and your team is not doing well, I get the excitement. We can say all we want about always wanting your team to win, but I see no issue with being hopeful in a losing situation. What's better, winning a game that means nothing, or securing a potential star QB? Hey, I respect either way, though some may not respect my commentary.

Comment

• How good is Josh Allen??!! He might be an MVP sooner than later.

Comment

How good is Josh Allen??!! He might be an MVP sooner than later.
                        It shouldn't surprise people. Dude was a stud coming out, every expert viewed him as raw talent that would be a project. You trust the process with projects, this is what you get. Josh has always shown he has the tools and skill. He just couldn't stop turning the ball over. Now he's scoring without turning it over consistently.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

It shouldn't surprise people. Dude was a stud coming out, every expert viewed him as raw talent that would be a project. You trust the process with projects, this is what you get. Josh has always shown he has the tools and skill. He just couldn't stop turning the ball over. Now he's scoring without turning it over consistently.
                          Not sure about your opening sentence though, because we often talk about high QB draft picks having some difficulty in the BIGS, and I would never assume that a college player is destined for MVP.

Comment

• I gotta say...I don’t mind seeing the*Pats get smashed on national tv.

Comment

Not sure about your opening sentence though, because we often talk about high QB draft picks having some difficulty in the BIGS, and I would never assume that a college player is destined for MVP.
                              I don't think anyone ever calls a QB destined for MVP. But plenty viewed Allen as a potential star. Mel Kiper was one of those who gushed about Allen. He was polarizing. He had all the tools NFL coaches craved but he was also raw. Mel had even stated Allen's completion percentage means nothing, he wins games.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I gotta say...I don’t mind seeing the*Pats get smashed on national tv.
                                Well, if it wasn't already a fact. tonight's game makes it official...there's a new boss in the AFC East, and the old one has a lot of work ahead. Bye bye BB.

Comment

Working...
                                X