Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The rest of the NFL games discussion thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loads of important playoff related games this last weekend. I want Washington to win the lowly NFC East (although I choose anyone over Dallas), with possibly a 7 and 9 record, though 6 and 10 might be the winner. YUCK!

The Steelers/Browns game is critical to Cleveland.

Tennessee/Indy/Miami/Baltimore are in key games, though The Ravens should move forward against The Bengals. Sounds like Fitz is a no go due to covid, so it's up to Tua to beat the surging Bills.

The Pack/Bears rivalry will be eventful, because GB gets the top seed with a win, and Chicago is fighting for a spot.

And LAR/Arizona are in must wins.

There are other implications but I think we can safely say that this weekend will be interesting.

Comment

• Disappointing news for those of us who like The Pack, losing their star LT Bakhtiari for the remainder of the season with believed to be a torn ACL, which happened during practice. Tough blow for him and the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        Disappointing news for those of us who like The Pack, losing their star LT Bakhtiari for the remainder of the season with believed to be a torn ACL, which happened during practice. Tough blow for him and the team.
        David is considered by many to be the best tackle in football, him and Aaron are really close friends. So it hurts him on a personal level since DB miss the season. David for those who don't know him, is someone who would have fit in very well with the Broncos silent guard. Really great guy that loves the game and just wants to protect his QB.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

David is considered by many to be the best tackle in football, him and Aaron are really close friends. So it hurts him on a personal level since DB miss the season. David for those who don't know him, is someone who would have fit in very well with the Broncos silent guard. Really great guy that loves the game and just wants to protect his QB.
          Do they have enough Oline support to get over this? I believe DB had no sacks against or almost none, based on my last understanding.

Comment

Do they have enough Oline support to get over this? I believe DB had no sacks against or almost none, based on my last understanding.
            Yeah he's only allowed 1 sack all season and only had 4 penalties. So he protected Rodgers blindside while also not getting holding calls on a regular bases. I'd imagine the plan is to have Billy Turner(former Bronco) and Elgton split plays to see who can hold it down for the remainder of the season. Think Elgton is starting next game.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

Yeah he's only allowed 1 sack all season and only had 4 penalties. So he protected Rodgers blindside while also not getting holding calls on a regular bases. I'd imagine the plan is to have Billy Turner(former Bronco) and Elgton split plays to see who can hold it down for the remainder of the season. Think Elgton is starting next game.
              I get a sense that Aaron will be keenly aware of the situation and be ready to make his quick releases when in danger, And the more they can get Jones, Dillon and maybe Williams involved, the better. Run blocking may be the priority in the end, though a balanced game will serve them really well..

Comment

I get a sense that Aaron will be keenly aware of the situation and be ready to make his quick releases when in danger, And the more they can get Jones, Dillon and maybe Williams involved, the better. Run blocking may be the priority in the end, though a balanced game will serve them really well..
                Up against the Bears, should sit Jamal since he's recovering from injury and let Dillon get the bulk of attention. Still use Jones but using Dillon more would keep Jones fresh come playoffs. On the passing side, if there was any chance for players not named Tonyan or Adams, this is the game to help out Rodgers and catch those quick release passes. Valdes has 6 drops, Lazard has 5, Lewis 4. Adams also has 6 drops, but his drop rate % is 4 compared to Valdes 10%, Lazard 11%, Lewis 25%, and ESB has a 16% drop rate.

I see Tonyan getting 2 scores in this next game.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Now Kamara is out, after being tested positive for covid. Could actually miss a playoff game, which would be big. NFC top teams facing some adversity.

Comment

• Unfortunately they are still playing, even though it seems none of the players are playing

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                      Unfortunately they are still playing, even though it seems none of the players are playing
                      I think The NFL has done pretty good, all things considered. Because before the season I wondered if we would have a season, or maybe just as bad, come down to survival of the "covid fittest". I would hate to see any major league sport conclude their season with a bunch of star players on reserve.

It could still happen. But keeping my fingers crossed that players/teams are doing their best to control this thing. Kamara is just one example, but we've seen a lot of covid related absence. And as long as the cases are caught and isolated, I assume the postseason will go well. But again, it would be a big disappointment if teams were decimated after all they have endured so far.

Comment

• Browns' playoff hopes get a break....as both Roethlisberger and Watt are not playing. Even at that, I am not completely convinced that Mayfield and company will get the job done. They can still get in if they lose, but they just got handed a bit of a New Years' gift.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                          Unfortunately they are still playing, even though it seems none of the players are playing
                          At the time of your post, I only knew that Kamara was out....and then learned that the whole backfield is out as well. Bit of a problem. Mind you, they can play Hill a lot more, as a RB/WR/anything!

But this game could be really important if GB loses and Seattle wins. The Saints can still win top seed and a bye.
                          Last edited by CanDB; 01-03-2021, 09:31 AM.

Comment

• Isaiah McKenzie having a day for Buffalo....2 TD receptions and a spectacular punt return TD!

Comment

Isaiah McKenzie having a day for Buffalo....2 TD receptions and a spectacular punt return TD!
                              Looked like there was a block in the back at midfield but it was still an impressive return.

3 more TDs than he ever scored as a Bronco...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bootleg View Post

Looked like there was a block in the back at midfield but it was still an impressive return.

3 more TDs than he ever scored as a Bronco...
                                One man's trash........

Comment

Working...
                                X