Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The rest of the NFL games discussion thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    David Johnson has looked good. He’s definitely a step slower. I know he’s been hurt but I don’t think anything lower body wise. Good to see him figuring it out how to be productive without that extra top gear
    But has he looked DeAndre Hopkins good? The Texans have had some drops, it's tough to not think he'd make some of these catches, and also loosen things up for the rest of the offense.

I think Bill O'Brien tried to prove how smart he was by pulling a Belichick and getting rid of a player a year too early rather than a year too late. But because it's Bill O'Brien he got rid of that player 5 or 6 years too early.

Comment

There aren’t a lot of big names on that defense but I’m a firm believer in Safeties being the most important part of a defense. Matthieu is one of the best right now and when you add in an interior presence like Jones, you can throw a bunch of guys around them and those two will do enough to pull it out.

I hate it

I'm not sure they have enough talent in the other 9 though. And I'm not a believer in Spagnuolo. Credit to the D they stepped up in the playoffs, and credit to Spags for the Super Bowls he's won as a DC. But when you go cover 0 and all out blitzes as much as they do, I think you're on borrowed time.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
        But has he looked DeAndre Hopkins good? The Texans have had some drops, it's tough to not think he'd make some of these catches, and also loosen things up for the rest of the offense.

I think Bill O'Brien tried to prove how smart he was by pulling a Belichick and getting rid of a player a year too early rather than a year too late. But because it's Bill O'Brien he got rid of that player 5 or 6 years too early.
        He’s definitely not that good. I at least thought they’d use him more to supplement the passing game but only 3 catches so far.

Watson has got to be begging for a big bodied WR. His offense is like the high school version of the Chiefs. A bunch of smallish WRs with a lot of speed and not much else.

Comment

He’s definitely not that good. I at least thought they’d use him more to supplement the passing game but only 3 catches so far.

Watson has got to be begging for a big bodied WR. His offense is like the high school version of the Chiefs. A bunch of smallish WRs with a lot of speed and not much else.
          Yeah the trade makes even less sense if you're not using Johnson in the passing game.

Comment

Watt has looked pretty good from what I've seen. Maybe the Broncos should try to trade for him to replace Miller? Given that you're dealing with Bill O'Brien you could probably offer Demarcus Walker and a 4th for Watt and the Texans 2022 first round pick.

Comment

I think desean Watson is the most overrated QB in the league..he just seems to sit like a deer in headlights, panick...then run or chuck the ball wherever ..

I think his natural athleticism has carried him so far. But the Texans are goi g to regret that contract before it’s over..
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah the trade makes even less sense if you're not using Johnson in the passing game.
                I haven't been paying much attention on how much they're keeping him in to block. They definitely suck at it tonight.

Comment

CEH with a strong debut, but he's 0 for 4 on short yardage by my count. Credit Watt for a couple of those, but he has gotten stuffed so far.

Comment

I'm not sure they have enough talent in the other 9 though. And I'm not a believer in Spagnuolo. Credit to the D they stepped up in the playoffs, and credit to Spags for the Super Bowls he's won as a DC. But when you go cover 0 and all out blitzes as much as they do, I think you're on borrowed time.
                    It’s tough. Generally it is a bad idea, but with that offense and their special teams, you can afford to take that risk more often than not. I think it’s similar to Sylvester Williams on our dominant defense. Williams was a glaring flaw that you wanted to attack but everyone around him was so good that you couldn’t. The rest of the Chiefs defense is a glaring flaw that you want to attack and you can, but inevitably one of those guys will make a play or force the offense to do something that allows someone else to make a play.

The Chiefs have nothing at CB, but with Matthieu (and Thornhill who is going to be really good) they don’t have to worry too much about the middle because they know who they got. They run C0? Well you know the ball is coming out quick more often than not.

Another example would be Eddie Jackson 2 years ago. He was single high a lot and generally a QB wants to look him off one way and go the other way but Jackson was literally going from the numbers on one side of the field to the other to make big plays. All the CBs had to do was cover from the sideline to the numbers so giving up a free release to the inside was the norm. People wanted Amukamara badly because of that season, it got Callahan paid by us. But their CBs literally had it easier than any other CB save for maybe the Titans CBs.

Comment

Watt has looked pretty good from what I've seen. Maybe the Broncos should try to trade for him to replace Miller? Given that you're dealing with Bill O'Brien you could probably offer Demarcus Walker and a 4th for Watt and the Texans 2022 first round pick.
                      Lol I said this exact thing when Hopkins was traded

Comment

Was that Frank Clark with that awful effort on that run? At no point in time at any level was he ever taught to do something like that. Just horrible.

Comment

They gotta fix the onside kick
                          sigpic

Comment

Watts with the big runback, now the coaches should lay into him on the sidelines. On the hands team you get possession and go down. The opposition needs two things, the ball and time. By running the ball back you give them the chance to hit you and somehow get the ball loose. Gain possession, go down.

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                              I think desean Watson is the most overrated QB in the league..he just seems to sit like a deer in headlights, panick...then run or chuck the ball wherever ..

I think his natural athleticism has carried him so far. But the Texans are goi g to regret that contract before it’s over..
                              I think he hasn’t had anything outside of Hopkins prior to this season. Fuller isn’t a good WR, he’s just fast and relies on Watson’s athleticism to get open. Coutee is in the same mold, Cobb is washed. Cooks is a trap that the Texans have fallen for just like the Pats and Rams have. Good complimentary piece but can’t be your top guy.

Comment

Originally posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
                                They gotta fix the onside kick

Yep, it's crazy how they wrecked that play. I'm actually surprised more teams don't try to pop it up about 10 yards behind the front line. That at least gives you the ball bouncing around and the chance you can go get it.

Comment

Working...
                                X