Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The rest of the NFL games discussion thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Yep, it's crazy how they wrecked that play. I'm actually surprised more teams don't try to pop it up about 10 yards behind the front line. That at least gives you the ball bouncing around and the chance you can go get it.
    I just want a kicker to kick it as hard as they can at a guy and see if they can get it to bounce off

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
      I just want a kicker to kick it as hard as they can at a guy and see if they can get it to bounce off
      Omg.... gotta reload...LMAO
      sigpic

Comment

You see what I'm talking about. 0 for 7.

Comment

I wonder if Reid is going to go do some welding after this

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
            Haha, my team has done that on several occasions. It's not usually something I call, but I'll call a line drive to an open spot and somehow the kicker will bounce it off the opposition front line player. A few years ago my kicker did it on two consecutive kickoffs, neither time was it called, neither time did he mean to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
              What's a Kelce?
              Watch your step.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Me too. I firmly believe he's the worst coach in the NFL. Other coaches would have gotten more from that roster, but instead they drag him along as far as they can.
                Belichick's coaching tree isn't very impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                  Belichick's coaching tree isn't very impressive.
                  The most impressive coaching tree is still bill washes he still has coaches who coached under him a close disciple winning ships
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm
                  latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                    The most impressive coaching tree is still bill washes he still has coaches who coached under him a close disciple winning ships
                    That's a good one and very relevant to football today. It's interesting to consider Walsh as part of Paul Brown's coaching tree which is impressive for those interested in football history. Some consider Walsh as influenced by Sid Gillman, too, who also has an impressive coaching tree. Paul Brown, Sid Gillman and Bill Walsh are among the greatest innovators in pro football history. A college coach with a great tree is Hayden Fry.

Comment

Saw this on NFL Memes and couldn't stop laughing.

Patrick Mahomes trying to talk to Andy Reid like..

Comment

I quit watching, I figured it would be a blowout. Houston has one of the worst coaches in the league, who they somehow keep promoting after he continues to fail at each level. They're not out coaching anyone, and KC is so talented it's rare that you can just line up and beat them straight up. With KC you need to win individual battles, and you need to out coach them in some way.
                        I think it’s a tough sell to GM’s and owners to claim he’s one of the worst coaches in the league.

Kubiak lasted a long time in Houston without much accomplishment. What do you think about him?

I think he will get fired before the Texans win a championship, but he’ll get another chance while VJ may never get another sniff, no matter how well the Cardinals’ defense does.
                        You Mad Bro?

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                          I think it’s a tough sell to GM’s and owners to claim he’s one of the worst coaches in the league.

Kubiak lasted a long time in Houston without much accomplishment. What do you think about him?

I think he will get fired before the Texans win a championship, but he’ll get another chance while VJ may never get another sniff, no matter how well the Cardinals’ defense does.
                          Oh brother.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

I think Kubiak is a unique case, he was an above average coach in Houston, but not great, and may never have gotten, or accepted another HC gig, but for the unique situation in Denver.

I believe O'Brien is the worst HC in the NFL, who's had his job for more than a few years, because he constantly looks lost, rarely looks like he has his team well prepared for a game, and doesn't tend to make great adjustments. Add to that his arrogance on the rare occasion when his team faces a team coached as poorly as his. They've played in a poor division over his 6+ seasons, and they've had a pretty good roster, but he consistently gets less from more.

Is he the worst in the NFL in a single season? Probably not, because you get guys like Vance Joseph and Joe Judge from year to year, but there isn't a worse coach in the league who's been employed for as long as he has.

As for Joseph and the Cardinals, his defense was by far the worst in the NFL last year. So it's very doubtful they'll be good this year, especially with him as DC. Add in his run as Denver HC, and it's adds up to him never being a head coach again. BUT, he's reportedly incredible in job interviews. He can sell himself and a vision he won't be able to deliver. So I would bet he'll get another Head Coaching job again at some point, regardless of resume.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                              Saw this on NFL Memes and couldn't stop laughing.

Patrick Mahomes trying to talk to Andy Reid like..

Something lime this could work, but it may scare some....

It is also recommended that heavy breathing be minimized while utilizing face guard.

Comment

As for Joseph and the Cardinals, his defense was by far the worst in the NFL last year. So it's very doubtful they'll be good this year, especially with him as DC. Add in his run as Denver HC, and it's adds up to him never being a head coach again. BUT, he's reportedly incredible in job interviews. He can sell himself and a vision he won't be able to deliver. So I would bet he'll get another Head Coaching job again at some point, regardless of resume.
                                People don’t take into account that Kingsbury explained why VJ was retained. The defense got better in the second half of the season.

People also forget that evidence was posted on these boards that the Dolphins’ defense was good in certain situations which helped them make the playoffs in his one year as their DC.

I don’t know if the Cardinals will be good on defense or not, but I get tired of seeing people act like VJ is completely incompetent despite the evidence to the contrary.

We will see what he can do with a talent like Isaiah Simmons on his defense.

I hope he does well. He might be a coordinator that doesn’t need to be a head coach, like Norv Turner and Wade Phillips.
                                You Mad Bro?

Comment

Working...
                                X