The rest of the NFL games discussion thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GMTD
    Football Immortal
    • Dec 2016

Justin Herbert's receiver drops the ball in the end zone with no time on the clock as the Chargers lose another game on the final play.

Comment

• Peerless
      Football Immortal
      • May 2004

Originally posted by GMTD View Post
      Justin Herbert's receiver drops the ball in the end zone with no time on the clock as the Chargers lose another game on the final play.
      SD is going to be a good football team next year. I think the AFC West will be a competitive in general....

Comment

• CanDB
        Football Immortal
        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

I hear you, but you know as much as I do that Green Bay has never signed or traded for big name wide outs. They'd rather try to find a mid tier free agent or practice squad player with potential. Should they have drafted someone in the mid rounds this past draft? Yes. But I'd also say Packers have a lot of young wide outs that might turn into something worth keeping. Depending on their development, Green Bay could end up having one of the best WR corps.
        We already know about Adams. He's top 5 in the league. Valdes-Scantling has shown signs he could develop into a good weapon. It's only his 3rd season and he has the build of a solid target.
        St.Brown...he's often injured but we might have seen all would good see in him. He doesn't look to be filled with potential like Valdes-Scantling.
        Lazard has looked good, but again injured. Funchess could be a solid deep threat if he could stay healthy, which he seemingly is never healthy. He would've been better at playing his natural positon as TE, which is what he played for a while at Michigan. Would give us a Jimmy Graham big body at TE.
        Malik is a rookie and really don't see the ball enough to say we have something there. He could be a good slot wide out for all we know.

So I think we have potential at wide out and don't need to sell picks to trade for a big name. Signing a free agent wouldn't be a bad move, but there probably isn't anyone worth signing that would be a better option than just giving Malik more play time. Maybe we should have got in on Antonio Brown, but that might be an issue if he wants to be the number 1, when Adams is.
        I think you have more insight on the team than I, and I respect your comments. I do stick to the idea that a HoF QB, who is still very productive, deserves some support in terms of player selection. Even if it was a 2nd or 3rd rounder.
        Last edited by CanDB; 11-09-2020, 09:15 AM.

Comment

• CanDB
          Football Immortal
          • Mar 2008

If The Saints' D holds up, they are looking really strong. With Thomas back, they have as many weapons as any NFL team. Even Hill, who runs as "hard" as an QB. Can you believe, he plays QB and then you see him on Special Team duty! Brees, Kamara, Thomas, Hill, etc. But their D made Tampa look lost.

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
            The ArchAngel
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I think you have more insight on the team than I, and I respect your comments. I do stick to the idea that a HoF QB, who is still very productive, deserves some support in terms of player selection. Even if it was a 2nd or 3rd rounder.
            I just see it as the time has a way of doing things in the front office. It was the same with Favre. He'd probably have more than 1 ring had GB gave him more weapons. All he really had was Donald Driver. Not to takeaway from the other targets. But that was his Adams.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• broncolee
              Football Immortal
              • Jan 2007

I’m kinda tired of people using lack of targets to explain why certain quarterbacks only have one ring.

The reason Favre has one instead of two is Terrell Davis and the Denver Broncos.

Great quarterbacks make a team a contender even with out a plethora of great players around them.

Dan Marino might be the greatest quarterback of all time, despite not winning a Super Bowl. It’s not easy and it’s not guaranteed to happen.

It’s laughable that people make excuses for Rodgers. If he’s as great as everyone says, why did more than one ex-teammate have bad things to say about him?

Great quarterbacks make coaches look smart, not the other way around.
              Stop Feeding The Trolls, Please!!!!!

Comment

• CanDB
                Football Immortal
                • Mar 2008

I am trying to watch this game tonight,.......but it's so darn hard!

Comment

• CanDB
                  Football Immortal
                  • Mar 2008

I just see it as the time has a way of doing things in the front office. It was the same with Favre. He'd probably have more than 1 ring had GB gave him more weapons. All he really had was Donald Driver. Not to takeaway from the other targets. But that was his Adams.
                  I like Rodgers' game, even if I am not as high on him as I used to be. He still is playing at a high level. Part of my view on all of this has little to do with being a "big fan" of his, more so to the fact they made The NFC final last season with a guy who is near the end of a good ride, so you'd think they'd try to make a move to get over the last hurdle. It's great to build for the future, but when you are close to the SB, you should do whatever possible to make things a little better.
                  Last edited by CanDB; 11-09-2020, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• CanDB
                    Football Immortal
                    • Mar 2008

Oh wait....The pats are so bad that Flacco is looking like a pro bowler so far!!!

Comment

• EddieMac
                      Canuck Mod, eh!
                      • Feb 2004

oMG the jets are beating the Pats.... my heart is happy... Brady drops a turd of a game... and now this... go Jets. J E T S
                      sigpic

Comment

• broncolee
                        Football Immortal
                        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                        oMG the jets are beating the Pats.... my heart is happy... Brady drops a turd of a game... and now this... go Jets. J E T S
                        You jinxed it
                        Stop Feeding The Trolls, Please!!!!!

Comment

• CanDB
                          Football Immortal
                          • Mar 2008

I thought that if The Jets won, the patsies would seriously be in the Lawrence race. Now that we know The Jets will not win 3 games (pretty sure), it's back to watching BB and company lose, lose, lose. Next game at Baltimore. I'd bet a little on Baltimore.

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
                            The ArchAngel
                            • Jan 2009

I thought that if The Jets won, the patsies would seriously be in the Lawrence race. Now that we know The Jets will not win 3 games (pretty sure), it's back to watching BB and company lose, lose, lose. Next game at Baltimore. I'd bet a little on Baltimore.
                            I see them drafting a wide out.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• CanDB
                              Football Immortal
                              • Mar 2008

I see them drafting a wide out.
                              BTW....good to hear from you again Blaze!!

Oh yeah, a WR has got to be a priority!

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
                                The ArchAngel
                                • Jan 2009

BTW....good to hear from you again Blaze!!

Oh yeah, a WR has got to be a priority!
                                Glad to comeback and see you're still here Can. Didn't know how many of the OGs would still be posting.
                                sigpic
                                Adopted Broncos:
                                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                                X