Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The rest of the NFL games discussion thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    Broncos fans of all people should know that you can win a Super Bowl with even less than a game manager. You can win the Super Bowl with the worst QB that since for as long as the defense is lightouts and your run game is ridiculous.
    Hey Blaze...hope I did not offend you with my post about The Lions' overall play since the 50s, but I am sure you knew all of it anyway. But can I ask...what's the reason?Without digging in, I suspect it's Ownership/Upper Management. Not a brilliant comment on my part, but is that it, or is there more to the story?

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Broncos fans of all people should know that you can win a Super Bowl with even less than a game manager. You can win the Super Bowl with the worst QB that since for as long as the defense is lightouts and your run game is ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

Just because he doesn’t make the flashy deep plays. The media has brainwashed people into believing game managers don’t win championships even though I think there’s a very convincing argument that Montana and Brady were just that.
    The difference being that Montana and Brady were/are executive level managers while Alex Smith is middle management and might get you a championship on a team with a historically great defense.

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

Just because he doesn’t make the flashy deep plays. The media has brainwashed people into believing game managers don’t win championships even though I think there’s a very convincing argument that Montana and Brady were just that.
    I agree with you on virtually everything you say, so don't take this the wrong way. And I've got nothing against Smith as a person. It's amazing to me that he's even playing football right now. Nothing but respect for his perseverance.

While I do agree that a game manager can win a SB. Absolutely, they can. I see Brady and Montana as totally different quarterbacks than Smith. If you look at his career yards per completion, it's 11 flat. Look at all of the other quarterbacks in that range. The only one you'd say is a real deal, no questions asked HoFer, is Drew Brees at 11.2. The difference is, Brees' career TD to INT ratio is 5.4 to 2.3 percentage wise. I mean, you can say Brady and Montana had an ability to manage the game, but I wouldn't call them game managers. Not for the entirety of their careers. Brady and Montana averaged more yards per completion than Jay Cutler, Brett Favre, and Ryan Fitzpatrick, and those guys are considered slingers. All while producing 5.8 and 2.1 TD-INT%(Brady) and 5.1 to 2.6 TD-INT%(Montana). So...I get why people root for Alex Smith. He's the boy next door. He's nice. He's smart. He's persevered through some incredible hardship, and it's easy to get behind that. I'm just saying that, for example, going into tonight's game he had the lowest intended air yards average in the league by a mile. I watched the game tonight. It didn't improve. I'm not saying he sucks either. I'd rather have Alex Smith in his prime than Joe Flacco in his prime unless it's the playoffs. I honestly think I'd rather have Smith in his prime than Carr, Foles, and probably Wentz since he's fallen off a cliff as well. I don't really have anything against the guy. I just don't see him as the underappreciated, would be, legend that I think some people think he is. Not saying you feel that way, but I feel like he's about as appreciated as a quarterback as he should be. As a person, top notch. No arguments whatsoever.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    I think the most interesting thing about Dallas is how much losing Dak hurt Zeke. He was looking like he would have another solid season, then Dak got hurt, and now Zeke is just meh.
    Goes to show just how big a deal a solid QB is. Makes you look at the other good backs in the league and notice they all have solid QBs.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    It's like when Seattle won the West as a 7-9 team, hosted a playoff. It's part of why most sports are considering division-less postseasons. So avoid bad teams being playoff teams, while teams that finish with good records don't get a shot bc they in a stacked division.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by GMTD View Post

They will go into first place at 4-7.

Newsflash: Lamar Jackson tests positive for Covid. Hope he recovers quickly.
    Can u believe that Dallas is 3 and 8 and one game out of the playoffs???

Whoa, wonder if The Ravens/Steelers game will even happen this week?? There's always Monday or Tuesday I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• GMTD
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Well, looks like Washington is in the running....ha ha, as is everyone still is in their division!

They will go into first place at 4-7.

Newsflash: Lamar Jackson tests positive for Covid. Hope he recovers quickly.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Well, looks like Washington is in the running....ha ha, as is everyone still is in their division!

Leave a comment:

• GMTD
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Not a good trick play Dallas, on 4th down and close to your goal line!
    So weird. Down just 4 points with 12 minutes to go. I mean...why???!

Leave a comment:

• GMTD
    replied
    The Dallas fake punt inside their own 20 yard line will go down as one of the plays of the season

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Not a good trick play Dallas, on 4th down and close to your goal line!

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by GMTD View Post
    I have never understood why people are so down on Alex Smith. He's been a consistent QB throughout his career.
    I’ve always liked him as well. Totally pulling for him tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    Was excited to watch the game tonight, but I refuse to subscribe to cable.

NFL Game Pass only gives me the option to listen? Am I doing it wrong?
    in the states Game Pass only allows replays. now if you got a VPN and used it some where outside the states you could watch it live.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Zeke sure has slippery fingers this year! Not even sure how he lost that one. Just reaching maybe?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X