Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The rest of the NFL games discussion thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Michigan legislators have asked the Lions owner to hire Robert Saleh. While I think he’d be a great hire I think that puts the team and the NFL in a weird position
    The NFL might like the idea. Wouldn't he be the first Middle Eastern(Muslim) head coach in NFL history? That would put a lot of attention on the league in a positive way that the league would like. For the Lions though it wouldn't be a great move to have a head coach before having a GM, he can tell your new GM that you favor Saleh. But ultimately you won't your GM to find the coach and coaching staff.

But this goes back to what I've told CanDB about the team before as a Detroit Native. The Fords don't run the team like a team, they run it like a business, a business that just needs to be profitable, not winning. This move would make the Lions some money, so they'll pounder it. But this also is the Michigan legislators trying to turn the pro team into the college team. The way University of Michigan prioritizes coaching hires is 2 ways, what do the alumni think and if that person is a Michigan man. Michigan man means a former student or coach of the team or a native to the state.

These legislators don't favor Saleh because he's a good coach, they favor him because he's a Michigan native and money can be made off him being Middle Eastern.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Michigan legislators have asked the Lions owner to hire Robert Saleh. While I think he’d be a great hire I think that puts the team and the NFL in a weird position

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    I think The Steelers. though good, are the worst 11 and 0 NFL team I've ever seen!

Leave a comment:

• GMTD
    replied
    Could still win it Ah...maybe not now

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Such a frustrating game to watch. Now the Ravens Dbacks are going down. Not much left. Have to believe The Ravens would have won this game if healthy, but that's on them.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Peanut View Post
    I picked the Steelers in the Pick em game before I found out Jackson wasn't playing. I still want them to win but I was hoping that RG3 would have a good game. I've always liked him.
    RG made some things happen, but I was concerned with his limp at the end of the half. Hope he is ok, because he could keep them in the game. I am expecting a Steelers victory but The Ravens have amazingly kept themselves in it, and if not for the near drop, they would be ahead.

Weird, Ben is pretty much throwing every down!! But The Ravens Dbacks are very good!!

Update....2nd half and RGIII looks ok. Good. Want a decent finish.
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-02-2020, 03:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    Who cares if it’s ugly? That’s only way the Ravens have a chance. They did it to themselves, not Roger Goodell.
    I said it was ugly, because it was.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    I picked the Steelers in the Pick em game before I found out Jackson wasn't playing. I still want them to win but I was hoping that RG3 would have a good game. I've always liked him.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Who cares if it’s ugly? That’s only way the Ravens have a chance. They did it to themselves, not Roger Goodell.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Ugly game so far. Goodell keeps on pitching losers!
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-02-2020, 02:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Although The Ravens have not helped themselves, this game is very important to them, and the odds of winning have diminished significantly due to the number of missing players. I think they will put up a good fight, but it seems like too much to overcome. The Steelers will remain perfect after 11 games outside of a big upset. But it would be interesting to see that type of upset. Going to 6 and 5 will make their job that much harder to secure a playoff spot.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    A little trivia...Giants have won 3 straight, and they haven't done that since mid 2016. And here we go again, it catapulted them to a 1st place tie in that POWERFUL division! I give them some credit, they are in it, and minus Barkley. But it's hard to be excited about a team winning a division, likely under 500.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    The play by play on espn is saying direct snap to Jalen Hurts. Do they not know he’s a QB?
    Was Wentz on the field also? If so, that would explain why they would have said that.

If not, I can understand the mistake. People would sometimes describe the Broncos offense as the Wildcat offense when Tebow was the quarterback. They forgot that it isn’t the Wildcat if you snap it to the quarterback. It’s just shotgun formation.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Well, just a few hours to game time....we still on??!! I am not sure if they had their final covid tests yet, but that was the last hurdle. Almost a full week of delays and here we are. Hope The Ravens can field a competitive team. Not going to get much sympathy from this fanbase.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Wentz is just awful, he’s killing this team.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X