Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The rest of the NFL games discussion thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    I’m probably most excited for the Washington game, Alex Smith still has it and is making an incredible comeback. Steeler and Ravens will probably be better than anticipated, I think the Ravens get the upset.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Thanksgiving brings its 3 NFL games to us. The first is a sad tale about a Houston team that is no longer a contender, and The Lowly Lions. I guess we'll call it a small appetizer, other than for those of us in fantasy. I was going to make a prediction but I actually don't care enough.

Game two brings us, get this, a playoff important game, with two 3 and 7 teams, both just one tie behind the leaders. I am pulling for Washington in what used to be a great rivalry, with Dallas. But all teams in that division have 3 wins, and are all still very much alive!! This might the year that a playoff bound team has a super high draft pick, just based on regular season play!!

But yes, the evening brings us a good game, hopefully, with the less than stellar Ravens playing the undefeated Steelers. I like The Steelers. They seem more energized and Lamar is playing down a level, or two.

Last edited by CanDB; Today, 04:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Brady did not have a good second half. I'm not quite convinced that Tampa is a real threat just yet. They have a nice group of names on paper, and maybe some of the boyz are still hurting, but just not convinced yet. They may bring it all together in the next month or so. They are close. Need to see some better play from Tom, Fournette and a few others.

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    Good game...

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Chris Godwin has a super power. He turns invisible every time he runs 20 yards.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Geez AB, you caught a short pass in the 1st Q, you didn't just win The SB!!!

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Broncos Fan Card Revoked!!
    Based on our "discussions" I figured you've revoked it many times already.

BTW, pulling for the underdog between 2 teams in our division ain't exactly mind boggling.

Last edited by CanDB; Yesterday, 06:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I agree....but did it not seem inevitable? Heck, I was partially pulling for LV last night.
    Broncos Fan Card Revoked!!

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Mahomes does that to basically all other teams, but the Raiders defense is holding them back from taking the next big step. Kelce should not have been that wide open.
    I agree....but did it not seem inevitable? Heck, I was partially pulling for LV last night.

Leave a comment:

• DevilSpawn
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Sure looks like a lock, Mahomes = MVP

Vegas does everything to score that go ahead TD, and then Mahomes takes the team downfield with ease. Maybe it was The Raiders' D, but wow that was almost too quick.
    Mahomes does that to basically all other teams, but the Raiders defense is holding them back from taking the next big step. Kelce should not have been that wide open.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    I am a bit biased, but I am impressed by Mapletron - Chase Claypool. This canuck had a really good Combine, showing off his size, speed and skill.

Can you imagine if you had him and Metcalf on your roster. Dbacks would be cringing!!

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    It’s my understanding that all of the Jets’ remaining opponents have winning records, except the Patriots who they play last.

Where is the win coming from?

I don’t think the Steelers are good enough to go undefeated, but it’s possible.

Since Mike Tomlin has secured a winning record, I would love for Big Ben to lose the rest of the games and have it be because of poor play by him.
    Kevin Colbert flies under the radar big time. Eric DeCosta and Brett Veach, I think, are living off of their predecessors so far. In a couple years, we'll find out how good they really are. I expect them to take a crap sooner or later, but we'll see. Chris Ballard is the guy, IMO. He's the real deal, and I think he's going to wind up in the conversation as best GM in the NFL. Right now though, there's nobody I'd rather have running my team than than Kevin Colbert.

They'll get beat in the playoffs if they don't start running the football, though. You can see that coming a mile away.

Without a dog in the fight, I was kind of wanting the Raiders to beat the Chiefs last night after Andy Reid cried about the Raiders doing a victory lap around Arrowhead Stadium. A guy who runs trick plays on people when he's already got the game won should probably keep his mouth shut about what happens after he loses.
    Last edited by Spice 1; Yesterday, 09:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    It’s my understanding that all of the Jets’ remaining opponents have winning records, except the Patriots who they play last.

Where is the win coming from?

I don’t think the Steelers are good enough to go undefeated, but it’s possible.

Since Mike Tomlin has secured a winning record, I would love for Big Ben to lose the rest of the games and have it be because of poor play by him.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Sad to see Burrow get injured. The young man is the real deal.

Ok, which bubble breaks first, Steelers 10 and 0, or Jets 0 and 10? Or neither? I keep thinking that The Steelers are bound to lose one, and The Jets win one.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Sure looks like a lock, Mahomes = MVP

Vegas does everything to score that go ahead TD, and then Mahomes takes the team downfield with ease. Maybe it was The Raiders' D, but wow that was almost too quick.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X