Patriots a Dynasty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patriots a Dynasty?

do you think there a dynasty like the late '80s niners or the mid '90s cowboys?

heres my .02

they have a great fit on there team with no one guy that is the star...their team is meshed together really well and i dont think they have a flaw from watching the game

BUT yes they have all these traits but their not a dynasty...if they were a dynasty they would kill opponents like the niners did way back when...hate to say it but do you remember 55-17 ...patriots in all 3 super bowls had to squeak by in the final moments in the game...

your thoughts?

Absolutely, yes, they are without a doubt a dynasty. And they've done something even more impressive than the Cowboys, or the Niners, or the Steelers. They did it during the time of the salary cap, and free agency. How can you take anything away from these guys? Is there anyone on the planet who would bet against the Patriots right now? i know I wouldn't. Even though they don't blow many teams out, they gameplan to win, regardless of weather they do it by scoring 6 points, or 45 points. Different teams require different gameplans. Not only are they a dynasty, they may be the best team to ever play the game. And this is coming from a lifetime Bronco fan. Congrats to the New England Patriots.
    Last edited by cadencesdad; 02-07-2005, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cadencesdad
      Absolutely, yes, they are without a doubt a dynasty. And they've done something even more impressive than the Cowboys, or the Niners, or the Steelers. They did it during the time of the salary cap, and free agency. How can you take anything away from these guys? Is there anyone on the planet who would bet against the Patriots right now? i know I wouldn't. Even though they don't blow many teams out, they gameplan to win, regardless of weather they do it by scoring 6 points, or 45 points. Different teams require different gameplans. Not only are they a dynasty, they may be the best team to ever play the game. And this is coming from a lifetime Bronco fan. Congrats to the New England Patriots.
      I agree. I am so sick of the argument that they "only" won their Super Bowls by 3 points. I don't care how they won, the bottom line is they have won three of the last four and that alone makes them a dynasty. Are they as good as the 70's Steelers, 80's Niners, or 90's Cowboys? I don't know but that doesn't matter - they are this decade's dynasty.

Comment

By the way, at what point do we stop talking about the Pats - I have been defending them so much the last 24 hours I feel like they should send me a paycheck. Let's get back to Bronco talk!

Comment

thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard...your saying their as good as mean joe greenes steelers? your saying their as good as montana and his weapons? your saying their as good as primetime, emmitt, aikman, moose johnson, michael irvins cowboys? THATS RETARDED!

they will crumble with the loss of Charlie Wise and the possible loss of Romeo Cronell...9-7 is the highest record they will get next year..

Comment

Of course they are a dynasty. Their dynasty is not the same as the Cowboys or the 49ers and it is silly to compare them. There aren't going to be any more dynasties like those.

So long as the salary cap remains in place and free agency stays the way it is, it is going to near impossible to emulate what the patriots have achieved. What they are is a modern day dynasty.

Comment

Originally posted by West
              9-7 is the highest record they will get next year..
              I'm saving this quote.

Comment

go ahead...i stand behind it...without Charlie Wises mastermind gameplan they will be a team without a spine...with the possible loss of Romeo Cronell their D will be shambles...there isnt a better D coordinator in the league...if Cronnell leaves the only person will do a half as good job is Marvin Lewis and he aint going anywere

Comment

thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard...your saying their as good as mean joe greenes steelers? your saying their as good as montana and his weapons? your saying their as good as primetime, emmitt, aikman, moose johnson, michael irvins cowboys? THATS RETARDED!

they will crumble with the loss of Charlie Wise and the possible loss of Romeo Cronell...9-7 is the highest record they will get next year..

I didn't say they were better than those teams, i said what they did was more impressive with the salary cap, and free agency making it more difficult to keep alot of talent on the field. If that makes me retarded, then I guess i'm retarded.
                  But you need to take a closer look at what I posted, before saying I'm retarded.

Comment

yea i understand but that greatness they have is more of Charlie Wise, Bill, and Romeo Cronell

Comment

yea i understand but that greatness they have is more of Charlie Wise, Bill, and Romeo Cronell
                      Oh, I agree completely, the talent is in the coaching, and gameplan in New England. I've argued this in threads before. But either way, to say the Patriots are not a dynasty is disrespectful, no matter your reasoning. If the Broncos won 3 of four superbowls with great coaching, would they be less of a dynasty? I certainly hope people would not make that argument.

Comment

exactly...without Wise and maybe Cronell they wont have that strong 3-4 D sceam with that potent run stopping attack and master mind blitzs...without Wise their goes their blow out of a team like Pittsburgh...

like i said they will struggle to get 9 wins this year...if they get more than that i will kiss Tom Bradys feet

Comment

Something we can be some what proud of is that we are 2-1 against the Dynasty.
                          "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

I think the real Dynasty is the Eagles they haven't one the superbowl or even been in it but you want to talk about free agency, and salary cap? I think they are going to be the team to beat over the next few years.

They are way under the cap - look for them to sign a good WR (plaxico burress), maybe a more durable everydown RB (Shaun Alexander, Edge). and maybe some LB help. and why not they are way under the cap, i am not sure of the figures but I think they are somewhere like 20 mil under the cap.
                            And you want to talk about FA? they practically stole TO from the Ravens, and who wouldn't want to play for the Eagles these days? they have a solid team and a really good attitude, they do have a few more 'standouts' but they are solid across the ball.

thats my .02

Comment

Originally posted by DeuceOfClub
                              /\/\/\ The NFC is just terrible and the Eagles got nothing to show after 4 years at the top. They are not even a Dy…

====================

Patriots won 3SB in 4 years = Dynasty. Case closed.
                              I agree - you can make the argument that the Eagles may be on their way to becoming a future dynasty, but how can you call a team a dynasty when they haven't even won a Super Bowl?

Comment

Working...
                              X