No announcement yet.

Patriots a Dynasty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are this generation of footballs dynasty.
    Would they be a dynasty in the 90's? no.

Comment

Haha. If the Broncos were where the Pats are now and people were saying "they aren't a dynasty" you'd be pissin and moanin about it. Give credit where credit is due.
      Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

i believe

Originally posted by luvdembroncs
        Haha. If the Broncos were where the Pats are now and people were saying "they aren't a dynasty" you'd be pissin and moanin about it. Give credit where credit is due.

yes dynasty can be said about the pats. they are dominating football right now so i'm not going to take that away from them. just becuase they don't blow out teams like the cowboys or the niners did in the Sb doesn't make them less of a great team.

winning makes you a dynasty. the more you win championships the more you solidify your position as a proven winner.

now as for belicheck i still won't give him title of greatest of all times. other coaches in history have sustained a winning tradition for longer periods of time.
        great coach not greatest of all time.
        Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

too bad their dynasty ended today with the loss of Cronell...i stick by my statement...their highest record they can get next year is 9-7...this will be fun to watch brady and his D crumble without their mastermind cordinators

Comment

Originally posted by West
            too bad their dynasty ended today with the loss of Cronell...i stick by my statement...their highest record they can get next year is 9-7...this will be fun to watch brady and his D crumble without their mastermind cordinators
            i dont believe they will be that bad, they are still a good team coached by bellichick, i doubt they win the SB next year, but thats cause of chance, not likely a team will win 3 in a row, but they wont be 9-7.
            dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

What I find interesting is that everyone always talks about how the Patriots work as a team (true) and how there are no real big stars or stand outs on the team, but instead they all do their jobs and it equals wins...

However, for not having any stand outs or stars on their team, that Mr. Tom Brady sure gets a lot of attention.

I think their most valuable asset is Viniatieri....
              sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

yes true but theirs no way anyone in football can replace Charlie Wise's gameplan and preperation for the game...no way anyone can replace Cronell who stopped Peyton Manning from scoring...THATS UNHEARD OF

Comment

Partiots a Dynasty? Yeah sure, why not.

But I have to agree somewhat with Razor. I wouldnt put them in the same class as some of the other Back to Back winners.

On one hand, I would though. What they have done in the salary cap era is simply amazing and they deserve props for that.

But sometimes, in football, luck is a big factor. For the last few years, everything has gone the Pats way. In games, cap management, and just getting players who for whatever reason, just come to play & win.

Comparing teams, like players, just never really works though. There are so many differences. It really is apples & oranges.

So i'll go with 1st Dynasaty of the new era & leave it at that......

Comment

Originally posted by LoyalSoldier
                    Something we can be some what proud of is that we are 2-1 against the Dynasty.
                    Here I Go again...........

Who quarterbacked the Broncos against the Dynasty Huh can you tell me please????

Comment

You have step back and really take a look at what they have accomplished in this decade so far and there isn't too much wrong with this team. "Team" that has been a key focus of this ball club and how they play as a "team" and not rely on one or two standoffish stars. One player is out, another steps up. They are well coached and have a terrific roster.

A lot of teams, us included will be looking to knock them off their throne. Until someone does, they are in fact the Dynasty of today's NFL.
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

The Pats are a dynasty. The reason is simple. In the league of parody, any team can beat a team. 2nd off, with the cap, it's hard to keep a good team year after year. Especially a Super Bowl Caliber (sp?)/ Team that gets to teh Super Bowl team. Also, they just find ways to win. They win a lot also.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                        2. Taxes
                        3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

wow

Originally posted by West
                          yes true but theirs no way anyone in football can replace Charlie Wise's gameplan and preperation for the game...no way anyone can replace Cronell who stopped Peyton Manning from scoring...THATS UNHEARD OF
                          belichek had something to do with the defense it wasn't just romeo. will the team bring it down a notch? maybe. to 9-7? no. please don't discredit the players on this team and the rest of the coaching staff. it won't be easy beating this pat team next year. i'm not writing them off just cause their coordinators left.

oh by the way, if they went 9-7 and made the playoffs i wouldn't want to be the first team to play them.

Comment

razor

The Rams, the Panthers and the Eagles....is anyone going to confuse them with the Bills teams the Cowboys beat, or the Packers team the Broncos beat?
                            QUOTE RAZOR

why the hate? give them their due,man. first off they were big time underdogs against the rams who had already won a super bowl two years before. the rams and the eagles were the best teams in the nfc those years. as for the panthers they went on the road and beat the rams and eagles, not easy places to win so they were no tough out.

as for comparing the bills to any of these teams you can't becuase the rams won a super bowl and the bills didn't lol. yeah i wouldn't compare a loser to a winner either.

i don't think the pats have to blow out any team to be labeled a dynasty. who are you that they have to prove that too. i don't care what era it is is never easy to repeat as a champion let alone win three in a four year period.

as for this five year belief that they will fizzle out. let me get this straight they have been plugging holes left and right with virtually unknowns in this run you don't think they can keep this up for a couple of more years. i'm not saying keep making super bowls every year but being competitive to win and make the playoffs?
                            when do they spend a whole lot of money for anybody unless he's worth it?
                            the selfish guys get left behind and the selfless guys remain. i can see that going on for more than several years.

Comment

Originally posted by douglasj
                              Did Bill Belichick and the rest of his staff have anything to do with the successful game plans developed in N.E.?
                              Good point, I was watching an ESPN clip on bellichick, and does anyone remember when Bellichick was defensive coordinater for the Giants?, yea, the one when they won the superbowl against the high powered offense of Buffalo. He ran the exact same two down lineman formations against Jim Kelly, Andre Reed, and Thurman Thomas that he ran against Peyton, and the Colts. So I'm guessing that he had a hand in the defensive schemes this year. He was a defensive coordinater, before he was a head coach. Bellichick and his new staff will be just fine. I'd be willing to take that 7-9 bet. I believe they'll make the playoffs again.

Comment

They are a dynasty yes. Let's wait to see what they do with new coaches. There are also a lot of players on that team who are coming up on contract year. Some will want big money. All this will really test the teams character and ability to remain a Dynasty.
                                Rebuilding sucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X