The Patriots cut Troy Brown??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Perfect Fit?

If Troy Brown does not re-sign with New England, he would be an ideal fit for the Broncos to go after. He would fit in well in as 3rd wideout, could help on punt returns and provides another reliable target who knows how to move the chains. Best of all, he will not require a boat load of money and will take some of the pressure off Rod Smith for a year or two until Watts and other young guys are ready to emerge. Here's to Shanahan making a quick push for him.

Comment

No.....it will not happen. Sorry doesn't fit at all

Denver is fine with Smith, Lelie, Watts, Luke and have a few younger guys and can pick up and inexpensive vet or rookie in the middle rounds if needed.

Move on to the next WR.
      Emancipate your mind!
      The People's Poster

Comment

Why not Kevin Johnson. He can play the game as well. Im not a MAJOR fan of Troy Brown. We dont need to get older.
        A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

Comment

Browns will test the market and prolly resign for less money

Comment

reliability

I like the talent of the young guys too, but they are not reliable enough yet to consistently get the job done on 3rd down. We'll see if Watts or Luke work in the offseason in the ways Lelie didn't used to, but a veteran who catches the ball anywhere on the field rather than just deep (Lelie) will be important to the Broncos success this season. Cannot rely on Smith alone.

Comment

Vincent Jackson, nuff said.
              sigpic

Comment

Troy Brown is getting older, and he barley made the Pats 3rd reciever list, if not for his versatility and special teams play, he probably wouldn't have made the Pats roster last year. I would like to add his knowledge of the game, and special teams work ethic to Denver, but not as a third reciever.

Comment

Brown is prob gonna go back to NE.
                  My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

I'd love to have him because if we got injuries like last year we could play him instead of Roc. He's a really good corner for a receiver.
                    Mat'hir tells the future:

"Gold. He won't be back, he is still mad at Denver." "Nope. Won't happen. If it does, someone put this in their sig and shame me all season."

"I've been sticking with the 8-8 declaration and missing the playoffs" 13-3!

"(Brown's) injury only being 9 months old, and Pryce's spine injury, I think both will contribute little and unfortunately land on IR"

"Gerrard Warren will NEVER, EVER, resign in Denver next season no matter how much money we pay him."

Comment

Originally posted by Fitzchivalry
                      I'd love to have him because if we got injuries like last year we could play him instead of Roc. He's a really good corner for a receiver.
                      i'm sure he'd do ok on moss, or porter, or curry for that matter
                      My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

Originally posted by jletourneau
                        If Troy Brown does not re-sign with New England, he would be an ideal fit for the Broncos to go after. He would fit in well in as 3rd wideout, could help on punt returns and provides another reliable target who knows how to move the chains. Best of all, he will not require a boat load of money and will take some of the pressure off Rod Smith for a year or two until Watts and other young guys are ready to emerge. Here's to Shanahan making a quick push for him.

I would rather we draft Vincent Jackson out of Northern Colorado.
                        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by cadencesdad
                          Troy Brown is getting older, and he barley made the Pats 3rd reciever list, if not for his versatility and special teams play, he probably wouldn't have made the Pats roster last year. I would like to add his knowledge of the game, and special teams work ethic to Denver, but not as a third reciever.
                          He didn't want to renegotiate this year. Several reporters in the area have said that if Brown would have accepted something in the 1.3 mill range he would still be on the team. He is not worth over 2 million and had to get cut. I wouldn't want to pay 1.3 mill which apparently NE was willing to pay so I think this would be a bad move.

He was not the third receiver he was number 4 and sometimes 5 because of Bethel Johnson.

Comment

Sorry, thats a mistype on my part, I was trying to say he barely made the recievers core at all. Not even the top 3. instead of top 3.

Comment

Working...
                            X