Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mexico may host first regular season game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urinal_cake
    replied
    I don't think its a bad idea, football is much more popular in Mexico than one may think. Bringing in 2 teams that are struggling in attendance could be a good risk IMO. There was an exhibition game in Mexico City in the 2001 preseason w/ the Raiders & the Cowboys. That seemed to do real well.™
    Last edited by urinal_cake; 03-15-2005, 04:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JWinn
    replied
    The Broncos would never do that. They sell out their games here.

On the other hand, the Cardinals dont. I see why the league wants to do this. When we played there in an America Bowl, it WAS a sell out.

I guess they figure all those people are moving north anyway, why not try to make them into Cardinal fans. joke people, joke!!

Leave a comment:

• BVP
    replied
    Originally posted by EddyMac87
    The Cardinals 9 season ticket holders might be mad...
    LMAO! But I don't think this would really be good for the Cardinals, who down in Mexico cares about football, and especially the Cardinals? Hmm, I don't care, as long as the Broncos arent stupid and do that, this news doesn't have any interest to me.

Leave a comment:

• EddyMac87
    replied
    The Cardinals 9 season ticket holders might be mad...

Leave a comment:

• urinal_cake
    started a topic Mexico may host first regular season game...

Mexico may host first regular season game...

Report: Cardinals may play regular-season NFL game in Mexico vs 49ers

March 15, 2005
    NEW YORK (AP) -- The first NFL regular-season game outside the United States is expected to take place Oct. 2, when the Arizona Cardinals face San Francisco in Mexico City.

The game is expected to be a Sunday night contest televised by ESPN. It would be a home game for the Cardinals, who rarely sell out their stadium but could draw 100,000 or more in Mexico City.

``We're working on it but it's not finalized yet,'' NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Tuesday.

Commissioner Paul Tagliabue said at his annual pre-Super Bowl news conference that a regular-season game outside the U.S. was likely this year.

Michael Bidwill, Cardinals vice president and general counsel, declined to discuss specifics but told The Arizona Republic that playing such a game is ``very unique and appealing prospect.''

``It would be a historic and unprecedented event,'' Bidwill said.

Updated on Tuesday, Mar 15, 2005 10:17 am EST

Working...
X