Stupid Raiders coulda had Henry.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Raiders coulda had Henry.....

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Travis Henry is through playing for the Buffalo Bills, intent to sit out as long as it takes the team to trade him.

Advertisement

"I'm definitely not going back to Buffalo if that's what you want to hear," the running back told the Associated Press on Monday from his home in Orlando, Fla. "No minicamps. No training camp. No nothing. ... I packed my stuff and left. As soon as the season was over, I was out of there and I didn't have any plans of coming back."

Henry, who started during his first three seasons in Buffalo, has one year left on his contract and is unwilling to spend another year as Willis McGahee's backup.

The Bills granted Henry permission in January to speak to other teams about a potential trade. Of the teams that expressed interest, Henry said the Arizona Cardinals have offered to trade starting left tackle L.J. Shelton in a player-for-player deal.

Henry doesn't understand why the Bills -- in need of offensive line help -- haven't accepted the offer. Henry added he's willing to play for Arizona, a team in need of a starting running back since Emmitt Smith's retirement last month.

"The whole situation, it's really frustrating," Henry said. "I just want to move on with my life and my career."

Bills spokesman Scott Berchtold declined comment.

Cardinals officials were at the NFL owners meetings in Hawaii, and unavailable for comment.

Bills president Tom Donahoe addressed the Henry trade issue in a question and answer session on the team's website last week, writing that he's seeking fair value in return for Henry.

"At the present time, there is not enough interest to make a trade," Donahoe wrote. "And if things continue in that vein, we would expect to have Travis back again next year."

Henry believes the Shelton trade would help both teams, considering the Bills lost three offensive linemen to free agency earlier this month, including starting left tackle Jonas Jennings, who has since signed with San Francisco.

"They said they weren't just going to let me go. I understand that," Henry said. "But here's a win-win situation. ... Arizona has shown interest. They've shown they're ready to pull the trigger. And Donahoe is taking his poor little precious time for some reason."

Henry had been the Bills starter since the team selected him in the second round of the 2001 draft out of Tennessee. He put together consecutive 1,300-yard seasons before losing the job to McGahee last October.
    I laughed out loud when i saw this.
    To think, all the roiders had to do was work out a trade for arguably one of the top 10 rb's in the league, instead of an oft-injured backup.......

...way to go, AL.......
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

thank goodness Al Davis is in charge of OAKLAND

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStampede
      thank goodness Al Davis is in charge of OAKLAND
      Jordan could be a serviceable, yet unspectacular back, but Travis Henry has already proven his worth in the NFL. Henry could have been a beast as a secondary option. It's a shame how he was treated in Buffalo, but maybe they know something that the rest of the league doesn't.

Comment

LaMont Jordan: Avg 4.9 yds
        Travis Henry: Avg 4.0 yds
        I'd rather have lamont than henry

Comment

Originally posted by 24_Is_A_Chump
          LaMont Jordan: Avg 4.9 yds
          Travis Henry: Avg 4.0 yds
          I'd rather have lamont than henry
          Here we go with stats again.

Travis Henry: 963 carries over 4 years as a starting HB.

Lamont Jordan: 262 carries over 4 years as a backup HB.

You can't compare any numbers from Jordan because he wasn't doing it 20-25 times a game.

Jordan is a big back with some speed and he could be a serviceable player, but you can't look at anything he's done the past 4 years because it wasn't as a starter.

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
            I laughed out loud when i saw this.
            To think, all the roiders had to do was work out a trade for arguably one of the top 10 rb's in the league, instead of an oft-injured backup.......

...way to go, AL.......
            Lol, first off, lamont jordan has not suited up for two...count them two games in 4 years...that is not 'oft-injured'.

Second, Travis Henry, a top ten back? come on.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
              "Way to go Frylock. You know, you're like the A-bomb. Everyone's laughing and having a good time, then you show up and BOOM...everybody's dead."
              Master Shake
              Hey man Aqua Teen Hunger Force is the s***. I'm waiting on some new episodes.

Comment

why would the Raiders spend BIG on a HB that would demand a large contract when they can get a VERY GOOD HB at warehouse prices....

...how much was Jordans contract?......and for how long?

...do you really think Henry would have accepted the same deal?

...those of you who think Jordan WONT produce.....

...we shall see

Comment

Working...
                X