Jarrett Payton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jarrett Payton

One player I'm looking forward to seeing how he does in NFL Europe is Jarrett Payton who has been allocated to play RB with the Amsterdam Admirals after spending last year on the practice squad with the Tennessee Titans.
    With what he's had to deal with in losing his father the great Walter Payton to cancer at the young age of 45 it would be great to see him succeed.
    Whether or not Jarrett can emulate his father and ultimately win a starting place on an NFL team remains to be seen - but from the evidence of his weekly diary from the NFLEL it already seems as if he's living up to Walter's high standards personality wise.
    Speaking in his diary this week he told the story of a boat trip he took during free time at camp where an elderly fan, who had just shook his hand after recognising him from his time at the University of Miami and as the son of Walter, later suffered an apparent heart attack as the boat came into port.
    Jarrett expressed sympathy for the fan but also took a lesson from his experience, saying in his diary:"You should never take life for granted and live each day as if it's your last and never leave any stone unturned"
    He then signed off "Take care of yourself and somebody else."
    Such a young man in my view deserves to succeed and the NFL could do with more players like him. Whether or not he does - IMO he already is a success.

He has always seemed like a classy individual. I am sure he got that from his father. The problem is that he is just not fast or big enough to make it. He never really started at Miami. I hope he can stick with a team but I don't ever see him as an every down back.

Comment

maybe

Originally posted by myoung
      He has always seemed like a classy individual. I am sure he got that from his father. The problem is that he is just not fast or big enough to make it. He never really started at Miami. I hope he can stick with a team but I don't ever see him as an every down back.

But I've followed Jarrett thru his career at the U, and I've seen some great stuff. He is big at a listed 6'2 (probably closer to 6'1 or 6'0) and strong at a listed 220 lbs. IMO he has the potential to be a top backup in the league, or even carry the load once he gets more experience.

Comment

Originally posted by RBfan34
        But I've followed Jarrett thru his career at the U, and I've seen some great stuff. He is big at a listed 6'2 (probably closer to 6'1 or 6'0) and strong at a listed 220 lbs. IMO he has the potential to be a top backup in the league, or even carry the load once he gets more experience.
        Portis and Davis were 5"11..... so Payton has the size.

Comment

Working...
        X