Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanna get an autographed AND get choked...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LoyalSoldier
    replied
    Marvin Harrison being charged with assault.

HONOLULU (AP) - Marvin Harrison of the Indianapolis Colts and two other men are accused in a lawsuit of attacking three boys seeking the wide receiver's autograph a day before Pro Bowl.

The suit, made public Monday, seeks general, special and punitive damages to be determined at trial. It alleges Harrison "violently and physically attacked" the minors, including placing a "potentially deadly choke hold" on one of the boys.
    Police interviewed Harrison while he was in Honolulu and forwarded their report to city prosecutors, who are considering whether to pursue charges. Harrison was not arrested and no one has been charged.

The boys have incurred medical expenses and severe emotional distress as a result of the assault, the suit said.

Johnnie Reshard Jr., Ernest Simon Jr., Eric Gilbert Jr. , whose ages are not listed in the suit, and their parents were visiting from California to attend the Pro Bowl when the boys were assaulted at the Hilton Hawaiian Village by the All-Pro player and two unidentified men, the suit said.

A Colts spokesman said the team would have no comment. Harrison's agent could not be reached immediately for comment.

The alleged altercation occurred Feb. 12, when the boys approached Harrison, who was talking on his cellular phone at the Waikiki resort. While the boys were waiting for Harrison to finish his calls, two men acting on the receiver's behalf said there would be no autographs or photos.

Without provocation, the suit says, the two men, later joined by Harrison, attacked the boys.
    We will have to see if this turns out to be true or a made up horror story for money.

Leave a comment:

• Snk16
    replied
    Originally posted by wesuckrealbad
    That is true, but look at goal line scoring. Who is it? Manning and the recievers- they are torching NFL record books.

Need to keep the O rolling? Need to get some first downs? I'd give it to Manning too. Every time...

They could pound it with the Edge but that's just me.

Leave a comment:

• Snk16
    replied
    Whether or not that is an appropriate role for him to take is debateable.

That doesn't make him a racist. Be careful about throwing that out there, it hurts society and not just the individual.
    He threw it out. You have some good points there, and I agree to a certain extent. What he said, makes him sound like a racist to some people, including I, but others don't. It's debatable and it's opionated.

We both have some valid points here so we can call this one a draw.

Leave a comment:

• wesuckrealbad
    replied
    Originally posted by Snk16
    It's still not legitiment to bring that out into the open.
    Whether or not that is an appropriate role for him to take is debateable. Using his position to publicly make statements like that is dangerous.

That doesn't make him a racist. Be careful about throwing that out there, it hurts society and not just the individual.

Leave a comment:

• wesuckrealbad
    replied
    They have Edgerrin James who's an excellent RB. Their O-Line is pretty good too.
    That is true, but look at goal line scoring. Who is it? Manning and the recievers- they are torching NFL record books.

Need to keep the O rolling? Need to get some first downs? I'd give it to Manning too. Every time...

Leave a comment:

• Snk16
    replied
    You seriously need to re-evaluate some things. It is ok for you to hate the Colts, you have that right since they make your team look so bad.

But, your reasonings are all wrong.

Dungy never said that interracial couples were bad. Believe me, if he would have said that he would have been in serious trouble.

Instead, he was brining in a possible explanation for why the public had such a negative reaction to that commercial. If anything, he was bringing racism out in the open for people to discuss it, instead of people talking behind the backs of others.

It's still not legitiment to bring that out into the open.

Leave a comment:

• wesuckrealbad
    replied
    In response to Dungy being a racist: He said that the TO thing was offensive to people because it was a White woman and Black male. There's nothing wrong with interracial dating or interracial marraige.
    You seriously need to re-evaluate some things. It is ok for you to hate the Colts, you have that right since they make your team look so bad.

But, your reasonings are all wrong.

Dungy never said that interracial couples were bad. Believe me, if he would have said that he would have been in serious trouble.

Instead, he was brining in a possible explanation for why the public had such a negative reaction to that commercial. If anything, he was bringing racism out in the open for people to discuss it, instead of people talking behind the backs of others.

Leave a comment:

• Snk16
    replied
    WHAT? It appears you succesfully graduated football 101, now go enroll in the next semester....

If a team has Jerome Bettis, a huge blocking line and blocking TEs, and an "Iron Curtain" type D, then sure... get up by 10 points and start smashing some mouths.

If a team has a horrible defense, and one of the best passing offenses ever- then guess what, it might be a good idea to keep passing the ball. The idea is to keep the ball moving across the first down marker and the clock ticking. It is up to the coach to decide how best to accomplish this. How many times have you seen the Broncos ahead by 1 score, and the offense goes 3 and out on the ground? Happens doesn't it? Well, if a coach knows his team has a 80% chance on a 1st down by passing and only a 50% chance running, then the ball goes into the air.

Seriously, you need to let those games go. The Colts O is the Cadillac of the NFL.

They have Edgerrin James who's an excellent RB. Their O-Line is pretty good too.

Leave a comment:

• wesuckrealbad
    replied
    What are you talking about on the 2nd account, I see where you're coming from with 3rd and 4th.

The Colts don't run up the score? WHY THE HELL ARE THEY PASSING WHEN THEY'RE UP BY 20 POINTS!? It's stupid. You obviously don't know football because if you run the ball, it keeps your D off the field longer because running kills more time.
    WHAT? It appears you succesfully graduated football 101, now go enroll in the next semester....

If a team has Jerome Bettis, a huge blocking line and blocking TEs, and an "Iron Curtain" type D, then sure... get up by 10 points and start smashing some mouths.

If a team has a horrible defense, and one of the best passing offenses ever- then guess what, it might be a good idea to keep passing the ball. The idea is to keep the ball moving across the first down marker and the clock ticking. It is up to the coach to decide how best to accomplish this. How many times have you seen the Broncos ahead by 1 score, and the offense goes 3 and out on the ground? Happens doesn't it? Well, if a coach knows his team has a 80% chance on a 1st down by passing and only a 50% chance running, then the ball goes into the air.

Seriously, you need to let those games go. The Colts O is the Cadillac of the NFL.

Leave a comment:

• Snk16
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!!
    I agree. Dungy is a racist? The Colts run up the score?? *laughs*. come on. The facts are that the colts had a DAMN good offense. If our offense was putting up points like that, no one HERE would be complaining about us 'running up the score.' THats just sour grapes.

In response to Dungy being a racist: He said that the TO thing was offensive to people because it was a White woman and Black male. There's nothing wrong with interracial dating or interracial marraige.

In response to running up the score: The Colts were PASSING when they're up by 20 points. That's obviously bad sportsmanship. If our offense was doing that, I would be concerned about the revenge many other teams would want because of running up the score. I would be complaining. Plus, you can't speak for everybody.

Leave a comment:

• Snk16
    replied

1st- sour grapes
    2nd- Indy doesn't run up the score on anyone. That is just how they play the game. Their defense is near the bottom, best thing would be to keep that D off of the field and at the same time give them as big of a buffer zone that you can. This just makes sense, it's unfortunate you can't see this.
    3rd- we don't know the whole story- unless you were there, you really don't know what happened.
    4th- Denver got beat by the better team.

What are you talking about on the 2nd account, I see where you're coming from with 3rd and 4th.

The Colts don't run up the score? WHY THE HELL ARE THEY PASSING WHEN THEY'RE UP BY 20 POINTS!? It's stupid. You obviously don't know football because if you run the ball, it keeps your D off the field longer because running kills more time.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    I agree. Dungy is a racist? The Colts run up the score?? *laughs*. come on. The facts are that the colts had a DAMN good offense. If our offense was putting up points like that, no one HERE would be complaining about us 'running up the score.' THats just sour grapes.

Leave a comment:

• wesuckrealbad
    replied
    I've lost all respect for Tony Dungy and his team officially. I've lost all respect for Dungy because all he did was run up the score and he's become racist and I didn't like the team but they're just doing what the coach says but jeez, this is ridiculous. Harrison did this on his own.

1st- sour grapes
    2nd- Indy doesn't run up the score on anyone. That is just how they play the game. Their defense is near the bottom, best thing would be to keep that D off of the field and at the same time give them as big of a buffer zone that you can. This just makes sense, it's unfortunate you can't see this.
    3rd- we don't know the whole story- unless you were there, you really don't know what happened.
    4th- Denver got beat by the better team.

Leave a comment:

• rugbythug
    replied
    I seriously doubt this account. Sounds like somebody trying to make a buck.

Leave a comment:

• Snk16
    replied
    I've lost all respect for Tony Dungy and his team officially. I've lost all respect for Dungy because all he did was run up the score and he's become racist and I didn't like the team but they're just doing what the coach says but jeez, this is ridiculous. Harrison did this on his own.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X