Chiefs are about to Sign P. Surtain.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiefs are about to Sign P. Surtain.

Chiefs | Deal Reached with Surtain; Must Now Deal with Dolphins - from www.KFFL.com
    Fri, 1 Apr 2005 07:01:28 -0800

Alex Marvez and Ethan Skolnick, of the Sun-Sentinel, report the Kansas City Chiefs and CB Patrick Surtain have agreed in principle on a multi-year contract extension, which includes an eight-digit signing bonus. However, the Chiefs now have to work out a trade with the Miami Dolphins to acquire him. The Chiefs are reportedly offering a fourth-round pick, while the Dolphins are looking for a selection in the first three rounds of the NFL Draft. Dolphins head coach Nick Saban said the team will not compromise when it comes to their asking price for him.

I believe the deal will be done on/before draft day. I'm really excited about this. I'm sure it is not a very good news for anyone in AFC West. But, hey that will make the game even better for all of us to enjoy. Later..

Originally posted by BoderVhi
    Chiefs | Deal Reached with Surtain; Must Now Deal with Dolphins - from www.KFFL.com
    Fri, 1 Apr 2005 07:01:28 -0800

Alex Marvez and Ethan Skolnick, of the Sun-Sentinel, report the Kansas City Chiefs and CB Patrick Surtain have agreed in principle on a multi-year contract extension, which includes an eight-digit signing bonus. However, the Chiefs now have to work out a trade with the Miami Dolphins to acquire him. The Chiefs are reportedly offering a fourth-round pick, while the Dolphins are looking for a selection in the first three rounds of the NFL Draft. Dolphins head coach Nick Saban said the team will not compromise when it comes to their asking price for him.

I believe the deal will be done on/before draft day. I'm really excited about this. I'm sure it is not a very good news for anyone in AFC West. But, hey that will make the game even better for all of us to enjoy. Later..
    patrick surtain is a nice player, soooo how about the other 10 players on the D ...

joking aside, the chefs still have ALOT of work on their defense even with the addition of surtain, interestingly, where does that leave ty law because i thought the chefs were going to sign law, but at their price, now with the addition of surtain, chefs dont have the space to go for law
    Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK
    http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk

I adopt Erica Weston

Comment

DE - E. Hicks
      DT - R. Sims
      DT - J. Browning
      DE - J. Allen

OLB - S. Fujita
      ILB - K. Bell
      R -OLB - S. Barber/M. Beisel/F. Jones/K. Fox

CB - E. Warfield
      FS - S. Knight
      SS - G. Wesly
      CB - P. Surtain

We are getting Kris Wilson and Bo back in the offense. And we should get some help from 2005 Draft. I believe I answered your question.

Comment

Originally posted by BoderVhi
        DE - E. Hicks
        DT - R. Sims
        DT - J. Browning
        DE - J. Allen

OLB - S. Fujita
        ILB - K. Bell
        R -OLB - S. Barber/M. Beisel/F. Jones/K. Fox

CB - E. Warfield
        FS - S. Knight
        SS - G. Wesly
        CB - P. Surtain

We are getting Kris Wilson and Bo back in the offense. And we should get some help from 2005 Draft. I believe I answered your question.
        You added Surtain, I'm not completely sold on Bell or Wesley yet. I guess I won't be until the season starts and I see them play.

Comment

The Chiefs D-line still sucks. We should know how that affects a defense...
          My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

The Dolphins want a 2nd rounder and Pasqurelli said they wont budge. Kansas City offered a 4th, and they wont budge. We will just have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by douglasj
              The Chiefs still have done a lot this off season to improve their defense.
              like what?

surtain HAS NOT signed yet, this is a RUMOR.

sammy knight, an average safety and kendrell bell who is always injured and has been very average for the steelers since his rookie year.

the DL is a joke, it makes ours look like the '85 bears.

btw - for anyone feeling bad about our OL just look at the chiefs....it could be ALOT worse

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003
                There's no "rumor" to the story. Nobody is saying that Surtain signed with the Chiefs. The story is that KC and Surtain have come to terms on a contract, meaning the only issue left is getting Miami to agree to the trade. And make no mistake, the trade will happen.

sammy knight, an average safety
                An average saftey who ranks 2nd in the league in INT's over the past 8 seasons. Word has it that he's looking forward to becoming #1 in the league now that he gets to play against Jake Plummer twice a year.

and kendrell bell who is always injured and has been very average for the steelers since his rookie year.
                Why do you talk about things you obviously know nothing about? Bell's best NFL season was in 2003, two years after his rookie year.

No, it makes your line look like the 2004 Browns. Actually, a mirror makes your line look like the 2004 Browns, since your line IS the 2004 Browns. PS, Jared Allen will have more sacks in 2005 than the entire Broncos starting DL.

btw - for anyone feeling bad about our OL just look at the chiefs....it could be ALOT worse
                ROTFL!!!! I thought maybe your sorry offseason was driving some Donkey fans insane, but I see now that you're actually on drugs.

Comment

like what?

sammy knight, an average safety and kendrell bell who is always injured and has been very average for the steelers since his rookie year.

Your jokeing right?........sammy knight is a top 10 safety. And if your D line is so good why were the chiefs getting to the QB more than that vaunted donkey d line?LMAO Infact the chiefs D line is above average 9th in sacks and 12th versus the run. And should be even better in 05. now about the sammy knight thing hes above average and has played a at a consistent level for much of his NFL career. The stats back it up.

NFL Safeties with 15 or more turnovers in the last three years

1. Ed Reed - 28
                  2. Tony Parrish - 23
                  3. Greg Wesley - 21 CHIEFS
                  4. Darren Sharper - 20
                  5. Sammy Knight - 18 CHIEFS
                  6. Dwight Smith - 17
                  7. Roy Williams - 15

Right off the bat, that's some damn fined company. But Sammy Knight is not a top 10 safety, right?

Now, lets take that list, and organize it by total number of tackles:

Three-year tackle totals of five premiere NFL safeties plus Sammy Knight and Greg Wesley

1. Sammy Knight - 298 CHIEFS
                  2. Roy Williams - 265
                  3. Tony Parrish - 236
                  4. Greg Wesley - 234 CHIEFS
                  5. Ed Reed - 232
                  6. Darren Sharper - 220
                  7. Dwight Smith - 197

Again, the results indicate that's some damn fined company. In fact, over the last three seasons, Sammy Knight has recorded more tackles than any safety in the NFL, save Rodney Harrison, who has 350 in that time span. But Sammy Knight is not a top 10 safety, right?

So, to sum up, Sammy Knight records 18 turnovers in the last three years, ranking him fifth among ALL NFL safeties. He also records 298 tackles, ranking him second only to Rodney Harrison, and blowing away the competition amongst his "ballhawk" peers. But despite this, we are expected to believe he is not a top 10 NFL safety?

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I submit that not only have the Chiefs signed a top 10 safety in Sammy Knight, who will provide top notch run support and force turnovers, but, in fact, they ALSO have another one ALREADY ON THE ROSTER in one Greg Wesley!

Finally, it appears the Chiefs also have the top safety in their own division! Here are the three-year stat totals of the other "leading" safeties in the AFC West:

1. John Lynch: 200 tackles, 9 turnovers.
                  2. Jerry Wilson: 164 tackles, 8 turnovers
                  3. Marques Anderson: 208 tackles, 7 turnovers

The defense rests. Now try and tell me hes average at best.

45-17
                  45-17

Comment

He was 2nd in tackling

maybe because lynch has the best LBs in the league and champ

45-17 u r pretty sad if u still hold on to that 1
                    sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBailey024
                      He was 2nd in tackling

Sounds like an excuse to me.....Dont be a Donkeychip homer.

as for the 45-17.....look at it more as a signature. Plus your a donkeychip fan so who cares what you thing.

45-17 Get use to it!!!!
                      45-17

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBailey024
                        He was 2nd in tackling

This is your qoute

:[And for you loser chief fans

Broncos 34
                        Chiefs 24
                        Reply With Quote]:

Whos the sad one now?.........HOMER

45-17

Comment

Originally posted by 45-17
                          1. Sammy Knight - 298 CHIEFS
                          2. Roy Williams - 265
                          3. Tony Parrish - 236
                          4. Greg Wesley - 234 CHIEFS
                          5. Ed Reed - 232
                          6. Darren Sharper - 220
                          7. Dwight Smith - 197

Again, the results indicate that's some damn fined company. In fact, over the last three seasons, Sammy Knight has recorded more tackles than any safety in the NFL, save Rodney Harrison, who has 350 in that time span. But Sammy Knight is not a top 10 safety, right?

45-17
                          I find it very entertaining, for you to list the 'top 7' safties, with knight first, but then say that another player (harrison), has even more.....but he's NOT on the list!
                          What sense does that make?
                          Did you 'miss' anyone else?

Gotta love her
                          Originally Posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
                          .... i wanted to offend nobody besides rushmore.
                          Originally Posted by Alastor
                          ......Intelligence isn't anything on wisdom or character

Comment

Originally posted by MtRushmore
                            I find it very entertaining, for you to list the 'top 7' safties, with knight first, but then say that another player (harrison), has even more.....but he's NOT on the list!
                            What sense does that make?
                            Did you 'miss' anyone else?

LOL.....I thought i mentioned him though as haveing more tackles?

But to just stop your whinning here ya go....
                            total number of tackles:

Three-year tackle totals of five premiere NFL safeties plus Sammy Knight and Greg Wesley.

1.Rodney harrison-350
                            2. Sammy Knight - 298 CHIEFS
                            3. Roy Williams - 265
                            4. Tony Parrish - 236
                            5. Greg Wesley - 234 CHIEFS
                            6. Ed Reed - 232
                            7. Darren Sharper - 220
                            8. Dwight Smith - 197

better....

45-17
                            45-17

Comment