Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BuckinBronco01
    replied
    I never get to watch the game because they never show the Broncos.

Leave a comment:

• AznBroncoFan
    replied
    If John Madden could have Farve's baby, he would. It was about time Farve didn't get any MVP votes, cause he clearly didn't deserve any. And it is clear why all the MVP votes went to AFC PLAYERS! NO NFC PLAYERS! NFC SUCKS!

Leave a comment:

• Tud_Duke
    replied
    Originally posted by Arab Bronco
    "joe buck" PLEASE. how the hell did he get into commentating anyway.

His dad is the late Jack Buck, legendary sports commentator for the Cardinals. He started his major league career when he teamed up with his father doing Cardinal games.

When it comes to baseball, Joe is one of the best. I do notice a drop off when he does football games, however. I'd imagine he just isn't as familiar with football as he is with baseball.

Leave a comment:

• ©® JaCkleG
    replied
    Yes, I recall seeing a Broncos game recently where they missed a play because of a commercial... I don't remember what network it was though.

As far as commentators go, I like listening to John Madden, maybe I don't agree with him all the time, but just listening to his games, I've learned a lot about the game of football (I've never played it). Unfortunately, I'm afraid he's gonna have a heart-attack in the booth before long... when that happens, I'm gonna miss ol' Maddy.

Leave a comment:

• souljuice9
    replied
    agreed on all but we're a midwest team!!!we never get credit or nothin..if we were east coast theyd just love the broncos..pathetic sports writers(no offense if any of u are)...no one feels we'll beat the colts...i have a feeling of an upset..just wait..(phil sims is pretty lame..gumbels not much better, but a lil)

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Originally posted by #7Forever
    Dont forgt this whole post was about the horrible CBS, coverage, im not the only one that is frustrated.

I think CBS is better than FOX.

I miss the old NBC days though.

Leave a comment:

• #7Forever
    replied
    Dont forgt this whole post was about the horrible CBS, coverage, im not the only one that is frustrated.

Leave a comment:

• #7Forever
    replied
    He has a drawn out unnescessary comment every single play, whether it be about a player, whole team, so on.

Ya get that.

Then, 5, 10, 15 whatever minutes later, the same player he just gave props to, is getting downed.

Example- so you dont get confused.

"this RB is a pounder, pounds the ball all day and always picks up positive yardage. great RB"

later that game. same RB fumbles.

"thats the problem with this back, he is always giving up the ball in critical situations."

Hope ya got that, and remember to drink your ovaltine

Leave a comment:

• #7Forever
    replied
    K, nevermind this is going nowhere.

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Originally posted by #7Forever
    he has something to say about every play and every player involved in the play, thus causing him to say stuff later in the game that is contradicting what he just said.
    Well, by definition, that is his job. he is supposed to offer opinions, whether you like them, or not.

Leave a comment:

• #7Forever
    replied
    My view, no that has nothing to do with it. He has NO opinion when it comes to standing up and saying something when he should like after a play that is in question, but then he has an opinion about every player, dont tell me players make back to back mistakes, its more than that, he has something to say about every play and every player involved in the play, thus causing him to say stuff later in the game that is contradicting what he just said.

Leave a comment:

• y2cragie
    replied
    i remember one game, and Simms came out with a comment along the lines of "thank god we arnt covering the broncos"
    they lost all my respect over that comment.

Leave a comment:

• Scudbuster
    replied
    Just get a wide screen High Definition TV - it's so big, clear, and real looking you won't even notice the commentators...!

Leave a comment:

• órangeblue
    replied
    turn down the tv and listen to the radio while you watch the game.
    much more enjoyable.

Leave a comment:

• #7Forever
    replied
    So me and my dad arent the only ones. Bad, bad is not the word for the commentary we deal with, especially this coming week, phil simms again, id rather listen tot he sinday night commentary and there bad.

Listen to what phil says in a game, every play he is talking about someone is so good, then next quarter they make a play and he's downing them, so which is it, he has something to say about everything, but whats worst is call it how you see it, they will replay an obvious call and phil will say "oh well i dont know its questionable", he has no backbone!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X