TO being himself again lol Some people never change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TO being himself again lol Some people never change

Just read this on Yahoo.com This is funny how a guy with his talent can be such a poison to a team. Here's the link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...ight&type=lgns

Always remember to blow out the flame before drinking!!!!

Originally posted by Bokyong
    Just read this on Yahoo.com This is funny how a guy with his talent can be such a poison to a team. Here's the link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...ight&type=lgns
    Wow, it's amazing how the 8.5 million plus he already received isn't nearly enough in his mind, or the mind of most atheletes. What's even more sad is the fact that NFL players make less than NBA or MLB players. I love sports but sometimes the greed really gets on my nerves. I would love to get 8.5 million. Heck, there are some jobs in the Air Force that we can get around a 10,000 dollar reenlistment bonus. I would love just to get that.

Comment

Christ...I have to say that if I were playing as a top WR in the NFL (for the Broncos, of course), I'd play for the league minimum, maybe a tad more...
      sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

If I was in the top 3 best WRs in the league, I definitely wouldn't play for the league minimum. I'd want more money than other WRs, but I for sure wouldn't be demanding like T.O. is... what a @&#% .

I gained a lot of respect for him during the superbowl, that's gone now.

Comment

i would take a pay cut to hepl the team

thanx to TMHG

Atwater makes the hit
          Woodson makes the pick
          Lott takes it back

All for respect this is how the game should be played

Comment

Originally posted by muse
            Christ...I have to say that if I were playing as a top WR in the NFL (for the Broncos, of course), I'd play for the league minimum, maybe a tad more...
            Then you're not very bright!

Were you by chance dropped on your head as a child?

A top receiver on a playoff team is worth at least $2 million/ season!

Why should the owners get all the money? They don't damage their bodies to play in the league and suffer permanent arthritis at age 40! They see the value of their $200+ million investments grow every year, and then they raise ticket prices and complain about "greedy" players!

It's pure and simple, TOTAL B.S.

If you bought a stock that never paid 1 dime in dividends, but doubled in value in 10 years would you complain? That's a VERY GOOD long-term investment!

But you NEVER hear the owners say "I bought the team for $130 million and it's worth $250 million today, I'm doing very well, so I'll reduce ticket prices!"

NO! They constantly complain about revenues! That's exactly equivalent to complaining about stock dividends when the stock is constantly going up in price/share!

Then they gouge the community to build them a stadium with luxury box seats so they can increase revenues even more and threaten to move the team if the taxpayers don't cough up!

And fans are stupid enough to blame the players for being "greedy" because your low wage jobs aren't worth $2million/year?
            sigpic

Comment

Thank you cugel. I love when people say "I'd pay for the league minimum even if I was the best player to ever step on the field.." Yea, nice try. These guys love the game, but they also love everything that comes with it, like the millions of dollars. Whats wrong with wanting more money anyway? Everyone looks down on it so much when you know if you were among the top 2 WRs in the league you'd want to be paid top dollar too.

Fact of the matter is, no one on here can say they would play for this amount or that amount, because oh yea, none of us are in the league. So unless your in the NFL, a top 5 player at your position, then please, dont talk about how someone is greedy and wants too much money, because you have no idea what it feels like to be in that position. I mean, think of it as your job needs so you bad, you can tell them, I want more money, and they give it to you. Same principle.

"If they can do what's best for their financial future, then why can't I?
              That right there pretty much sums it up.

Comment

What really bothers me about this is that the Eagles extended their arms last year during the SB, and WAVED making him sign an injury clause. Meaning, that considering how fast he came back after his injury, he very well could have ruined or hurt his leg for his future. INstead of making their HUGE investment sit down, and keep him for their career.... they LET him play in the SB. When he said he wanted to play, they said that he must sign an injury waver, because the Doctor said he could NOT play!!

But the Eagles Waved that. They said we'll stand behind Owens, despite the doctors recomendation, and NOT make him sign the injury waver if he hurts himself WORSE by playing too early. They showed signs of loyalty behind their player. Saying if you are willing to play hurt, we are willing to stick our financial backing on you and support you if you DO get hurt. Then he turns around and pulls this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                  What really bothers me about this is that the Eagles extended their arms last year during the SB, and WAVED making him sign an injury clause. Meaning, that considering how fast he came back after his injury, he very well could have ruined or hurt his leg for his future. INstead of making their HUGE investment sit down, and keep him for their career.... they LET him play in the SB. When he said he wanted to play, they said that he must sign an injury waver, because the Doctor said he could NOT play!!

But the Eagles Waved that. They said we'll stand behind Owens, despite the doctors recomendation, and NOT make him sign the injury waver if he hurts himself WORSE by playing too early. They showed signs of loyalty behind their player. Saying if you are willing to play hurt, we are willing to stick our financial backing on you and support you if you DO get hurt. Then he turns around and pulls this.

They had to stand behind him in order to have a prayer at winning the super bowl. If he hadn't played they knew that they had to depend on "stinskston" and freddie mitchell. Andy Reid didn't doesn't care about TO, all he cares about is winning....and he will try to do that with or without TO(if TO is hurting the team financially)

Comment

Clinton Portis tried these tactics on Shanahan, and we all know what happened.

The fact is TO signed a contract which he is binded to. Why is he always above the rules with what went on last year and now this?

TO should shut up. He already seriously insulted McNabb through the media...I don't have the exact quote, but the media has been all over it. If you guys have seen ATH or PTI on ESPN the last couple of days you know what Im talking about.

Shanny did the right thing by trading Portis. The Eagles should do the same w/ Loudmouth. Eliminate the cancers!

Comment

Owens is the best receiver(all round) in the NFL right now and he definately should get paid like one. Why is it always the players that want to earn what there truly deserve that are called greedy and not the owners who earn hundreds of millions and do not wan't to share the profits.
                      Lets get one thing straight this is not "just a game" like everybody (non-proffesional athletes) keeps saying anymore for these athletes its their job. It stopped being just a game when they got into college and had to play for their scholarship.

These plays have a very short shelf life and even after retirement never fully recover from decades of injuries,so why souldn't they get paid that. Owners make ridiculous profits from ticket sales and merchandising of player memorabilia even after the players are traded or especially when they are retired.

I apologise to all those that might get offended when i point out that its always the "black" players that get criticised in the press everytime they ask for more money even when they obviously deserve the raise. QB's that were traditionaly white have always got profound amounts of money compared to other players but no one ever complained cause they were "worth it". I bet if favre asks for more money he wouldn't get the same crap TO is getting neither did manning when he signed that astronomical contract last year. Even vick who is the leagues most exciting player had to fend of alot of critics claiming he was not worth it, forget the sold out stadiums he generates or the Atlanta falcon merchandise he helps sale.
                      Just like TO said when i do it they call me selfish when Favre does it he is a hero. Coming back from an ankle injury which even the most optimistic of doctors said would take the whole offseason to heal is in-itself remarkable. But that wasn't all he put on one of the greatest shows in a SB by a WR; thats not characteristic of a selfish person. Anyone else would sit out and play it safe, right? I mean why risk your whole carrer to help your whole team win just one game?
                      I guess its only the Favre's and Schillings that get the glory, right?

Comment

I uh... guess you cant teach a semi old dog new tricks..

Comment

Working...
                        X