The Pressure on Manning is UNREAL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pressure on Manning is UNREAL!

This guy has to win to remove the funk created by not winning a playoff game. If in fact the Colts lose, he will marked the Marty Schotenhiemer (spelled wrong) of Quaterbacks. Oh my goodness---I cant think of a worse lable to have on top of the stats and MVP honors. What a huge game this will be!

I agree it is a huge game. It is the postseason and every game is big. I wonder how much of the "funk" has been generated by the media and internet jockeys. Has Manning actually said he would feel like a professional failure if his TEAM doesn't come out ready to play? I would love to see this perceived monkey off of his back. But for some reason I think Manning hasn't been reading these boards or reading any articles about him. I think he has been preparing for the game. At least I hope so.

Comment

Two QB's with a lot to prove

Regardless of what the bobble heads say he's great. He can't win the game on the sideline, and thats what is killing their ability to win playoffs. Their defense allows teams to sustain drives. However, I think Jake Plummer has more to prove than Manning, and I think he'll prove it too, while ramming the ball down the Colts defenses throat.

Comment

WellD ungy has brought him a defense...hopefully that will help him.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
        2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Listen guys, you can spin this anyway you want to, if Manning doesnt win a playoff game- REGARDLESS HES SCREWED. He will be refered to until he does, a great QB that when it comes to winning when it really counts the PLayoffs ( he cant do it.) Media, bubble heads etc- they have no bearing- HE EITHER WINS OR he isnt a playoff type of QB, its really that simple. Lables are as sticky as tar in the NFL we all know this! It wont change for him until he wins a playoff game. Plummer has pressure but-not as much if the Broncos lose this it was a interesting stretch-and itll be stated without Plummers play the Bronocs wouldnt have made it this far.
          Last edited by jocool; 01-03-2004, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Its dumb to critisize manning on whether he wins a playoff game or not. The is ridiculous that just cause he is 0-3 in the playoffs he gets questioned for his ability to win. Manning is a good QB regardless. The pressure should be on the COLTS for losing those games, not manning. Its not like he does anything by himself. why dont ther blame Harrison too? or james? its thier fault just as much as it is manning, its a ridiculous speculation. i feel bad for manning that he will drop to 0-4 and it will have nothing to do with him, but his team overall. Harrison and edge and te rest of the colts will walk cleanly away while manning will have to put up with bullsh*t about why HE didnt win.
            dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Even if the Colts win tomorrow.....critics will find something else to discredit Manning.
              Thats just the way it has been for the past 5 years (and going on the 4th playoff appearance in that span).

It will be something like...Manning can win a wildcard game but can not push his team all the way. Something pathetic like that.

Just watch.
              James Tiberius Kirk: "Spock, the women on your planet are logical. No other planet in the galaxy can make that claim."

Comment

Originally posted by dred
                Even if the Colts win tomorrow.....critics will find something else to discredit Manning.
                Thats just the way it has been for the past 5 years (and going on the 4th playoff appearance in that span).

It will be something like...Manning can win a wildcard game but can not push his team all the way. Something pathetic like that.

Just watch.
                good luck tomorrow but not to much.....your one of the cool guys from other team n dont really mouth off n like to talk f-ball.....

Comment

Manning/Marino

I feel more sorry for the for the flying tuna man Dan Marino, if he is surpassed one day as the greatest QB stats-wise he'll still be known as the greatest QB to never win a Super Bowl. Unless of course he's surpassed by Peyton Manning and he never wins in the playoffs. Seguay...what would be worse for Peyton is if his brother Eli comes out and goes to a team like San Diego, which has weapons, and gets to Super Bowl before Peyton.

Comment

Elway went through the same stuff until he won against Green Bay. Can he win a playoff game, can he take them to the SB, can he win the SB. Not easy only only anout two dozen qbs have won the SB.

Elway 2X
                    Starr 2X
                    Montanna 4x
                    Bradshaw 4X
                    Aikman 3x

A lot of good Qbs never won it.
                    The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!

Comment

Good???Great??

Tis true,

Sad when you think Trent Dilfer is considered a good QB, and Marino is considered a great one. But who has the ring???

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
                        Well Dungy has brought him a defense...hopefully that will help him.
                        Another losing head coach. Need I say Mora, Reeves, Bugel?
                        Won a 12 team parlay!!!! Just wish I'd actually made the bet in Vega$

Comment

Re: Good???Great??

Originally posted by O&B_Forever
                          Tis true,

Sad when you think Trent Dilfer is considered a good QB, and Marino is considered a great one. But who has the ring???
                          Exactly... Manning might be up there with the greatest but may never see a ring.

Brad Johnson was no QB Superstar and like Dilfer he had the help of a supporting cast to win.
                          The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!

Comment

Jury out

I think the Jury is still out on Brad Johnson. Their defense and special teams lost more games for them than he did. A running game and a receiver to stretch the field and then watch out.

Comment

It does stink that when you really are a great q-back and no credit (or just a little) is given...In the NFL if you don't win the SB you are just another Q-Back....Marino,Kelly...and Almost Elway..WHEWWW... and i'm sure that i am missing a few,all were great Q-backs..As for Peyton,He will have to wait at least one More YEAR.....GO BRONCOS !!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X