Contract Holdouts and Rosenhaus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Q_Ball22
    I like Brett and think hes a great athlete but he should not be sticking his nose into the others players personal matters. I say if a player wants more money go for it teams dont honor there contracts so why should players who are worth more then what there getting paid. Brett needs to worry about his own money not someone elses this is a business and thats how it goes. IMO all players salaries should be set with performance incentives you want the money go out there and earn it.
    Do you have some examples on hand where teams don't honor their contracts? I really would like to see them.

Comment

Originally posted by 77OlinesDad
      If everyone expects the player to perform on a contract then why do the owners not have too? You can be cut any given day. Nothing is a sure thing in a contract with a NFL team. You cannot blame the players for doing all they can in any given contract. Its all they have and it does not mean a lot.
      Well, I have seen many times where a team had to buy out a player's contract. What's behind that?

Comment

Originally posted by Q_Ball22
        IMO all players salaries should be set with performance incentives you want the money go out there and earn it.
        I don't know the whole situation with Walker & there may be something going on with Favre at a higer level that no us know about.
        However the statement above I believe is 100% right on, just don't know if that is possible at this point. I guess they needed to do that when they first did his contract.
        One thing only I know, and that is that I know nothing. -- Socrates

Comment

Working...
        X