No announcement yet.

Why is everyone obbsessed with Winslow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is everyone obbsessed with Winslow?

The guy has made a fool of himself so far in the Nfl.

"I am a soldier" and he had the Postons get him a ton of money, because he was the Browns "Number 1 selection". Then he breaks his leg, bad break too bad, and there is talk of him seriously rehabilitating to play his butt of the coming season.

But then he goes and does this, and everyone makes it seem like he didn't mean to or something. The moron rode a motorcycle and was fooling around without his helmet on, I say he deserves whatever money he loses.
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Well, the kid was a huge smack-talker in college. I don't know if we're all over the guy, but it's interesting to see his downfall after being such a prick all these years.

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo_JoRo

"I am a soldier" and he had the Postons get him a ton of money, because he was the Browns "Number 1 selection". Then he breaks his leg, bad break too bad, and there is talk of him seriously rehabilitating to play his butt of the coming season.

But then he goes and does this, and everyone makes it seem like he didn't mean to or something. The moron rode a motorcycle and was fooling around without his helmet on, I say he deserves whatever money he loses.
      I don't really think people are making a big deal out of this. It's just that there isn't much going on in the NFL right now.

By the way, he did have a helmet on. It just wasn't "strapped". I've done the same thing when I had my CBR and was going slow speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo_JoRo

he didnt have a license to ride the bike either, what a fool
        another case of more money than sense
        sometimes i wish that the agents in this league would do more than just ask their clients to holdout so they can get another slice of the pie, rather support their clients and make sure they dont become jackasses with bad reps because in the long run they will get more money that way, but i guess the world is kinda illogical

by the broncology, that glassjaw sig is quality daryl palumbo is such a legend
        Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK
        http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk

I adopt Erica Weston

Comment

From what I understand he was riding a motorcycle in a parking lot or other similar area, what the hell would he need a license for? If you bought a brand new motorcycle (frist time buyer), are you honestly going to sit there and tell me you won't ride it at all until you get a license for it? I'm talking like in your driveway, a parking lot, something like that, not out on the street.

I agree the guy is in a unique position of being in the NFL and shouldn't have been taking the risk, no matter how small. But realisticly, he didn't do anything that bad or that 95% of most people wouldn't do. Whatever you think of the guy, this is just a bad break for him and people are making it a bigger deal than it is.
          Where does the abuse of end? Where?

Comment

Im not obssesed with Winslow?

Maybe you should ask *KellenWinslow84* or whatever his name is. He cant seem to stop riding him...

Comment

Well, first, people perceived in this guy huge potential. It seems that the Browns were heavily counting on him for next season, and if you browse for a while the Browns message boards you'll find that they are really heartbroken. So, we're talking about missing a potential playmaker for the season.

Second, it seems that it wasn't "that bad": riding a motorcycle isn't shooting someone or fighting outside IHOP. The guy wasn't drunk or anything. And I agree, if that happens to me, would be bad luck but not a big deal, because I'm not a pro player. He is! He's not suppposed to do this kind of things, even if for other people it is perfectly normal and an every-day thing. So, the second highlight is his lack of common sense and good advice.

Third, I agree with one of the previous points: it is a looooong offseason. You have to talk about something!

Fourth, focusing in the particular situation for the Bronws: who are their first round choices since they re-joined the league: Couch, Brown, Warren, Green, Winslow. Somehow they cannot make the guys play in Cleveland. Injuries (Winslow, Brown), freak accidents (Winslow), underachieving (Couch, Green and even when I don't fully agree, Warren). You have a strong case for "the curse of the first round" there.

Comment

Originally posted by Atwater His Ass
                From what I understand he was riding a motorcycle in a parking lot or other similar area, what the hell would he need a license for? If you bought a brand new motorcycle (frist time buyer), are you honestly going to sit there and tell me you won't ride it at all until you get a license for it? I'm talking like in your driveway, a parking lot, something like that, not out on the street.

I agree the guy is in a unique position of being in the NFL and shouldn't have been taking the risk, no matter how small. But realisticly, he didn't do anything that bad or that 95% of most people wouldn't do. Whatever you think of the guy, this is just a bad break for him and people are making it a bigger deal than it is.
                I dont know about your laws but it doesnt matter where you ride your bike in New Zealand; you have to have a lisence.

You cant even buy a bike or car without a lisence.

Of course it's 'not that bad' to you or I but contracts are serious and he violated his.

The Browns have made a HUGE investment in Winslow and they want a ROI but they may never get that.

The bike he crashed was apparantly a Suzuki GSXR 750; thats a bad ass bike with some serious POWER and some guy with no lisence and a multi million dollar contract that prevents him doing dangerous activity has NO BUSINESS putting himself in that situation.

The guy is a fool and I hope the Browns take back whatever money they can to teach him a lesson.

He's a role model now for kids everywhere and he's showing himself to be a immature 'kid' with no real grasp on what he is risking doing what he did.
                kiwi Bronco fan

Comment

He was in a parking lot. He was wearing a helmet but it wasn't strapped.

He was learning to ride it when he hit a curb at about 35mph.

I hope the browns cut him off at the knees, and he recovers just enough to play backup special teams for the Cardinals.

Comment

Working...
                  X