• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KnightOLB53
    Practice Squad
    • Jan 2005

Connections with any NFL players?

Just a simple question do you guys have any connections with NFL players like did they go to ur HS or college,related by family,friends or anything else?

I got a few.

My brother played against Antwann Randel El in 1996 in the IHSA Semifinals were my high school beat him 17-0 to lead my high school to there 1st ever state championship game. In that game my brother sacked Antwann Randel El because in HS he was Quarterback thats how he got to Indiana.

My teacher tought a guy named Steinbach who is on the starting offensive line for the Bengals. He went to a catholic school in my town.

Jeff Roele (sp) is my cousin on my dads side and i met him at a funeral a very big guy. He plays on the offensive line for the Giants and was also interviewd on the NFL network channel.
    Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P
  • Dawgfan
    King of the Echo People
    • Oct 2004

Well,

My father is related to Gary Knafelc. The announcer for the Green Bay Packers. He used to play for the Packers in the 60's. Even played in the Ice Bowl
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

• BVP
      Starter
      • Feb 2005

Well, my bro became good friends with the linebackers coach at CU, who won a Super Bowl with the Bears. His name was Coach Cabral. He was on the superbowl shuffel team.
      sigpic

Comment

• NJBRONCOSFAN
        26-Time World Champs
        • Mar 2004

Chris Simms played in my high school district, so we played him every year.

Lawrence Taylor lived in town..I went to middle school, and played football with his son, T.J., for several years.

Bill Parcells lived down the street from me while coaching the giants.
        Jim Fassel still lives less than 5 minutes away, as does Tom Coughlin...those really aren't 'connections' though lol.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

• mr williams52
          Practice Squad
          • Feb 2005

Shaun Alexander, Peter Warrick, Devin Hester, and Warrick Dunn are all working out at my neighbor's high school.

Devin Hester also went to my high school but he isnt in the NFL yet.

Comment

• silver_black
            good news...you're fired
            • Mar 2005

went to same high school as Tony Gonzalez, Huntington Beach High. 2 Years ahead of me.

Norv Turner also lived in our neighborhood (Huntington Beach) when he was with USC and then with L.A. Rams. He used to come over for Christmas parties, back when he was small time.
            Last edited by silver_black; 05-16-2005, 11:05 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• MoFo_JoRo
              Playmaker
              • Jun 2004

I like next to Bobby Boobs...........The greatest running back ever.........

Not really....my town is so small noone would want to live here cuz they would have to sign autographs all day because EVERYONE in town would know what they are doing.
              Bronco fan from Packer Land.
              Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
              Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

• FanFromMichigan
                Bench Warmer
                • Apr 2004

I met a guy last year who used to be the starting punter and 3rd string QB for the Broncos a loooong time ago. He was tackled on a punt and got injured. It ruined his career.

I met somebody last week whose cousin went to school with John Elway. He has a personalized autographed football and all sorts of stuff.
                There's more to life than the Denver Broncos. Let me know when you find it.

Hear the dogs howling out of key, to a hymn called 'Faith and Misery' - Green Day

"If I can not bend heaven, I shall move Hell." - Vergil (Aeneid VII)

Comment

• FanFromMichigan
                  Bench Warmer
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by FanFromMichigan
                  I met a guy last year who used to be the starting punter and 3rd string QB for the Broncos a loooong time ago. He was tackled on a punt and got injured. It ruined his career.

I met somebody last week whose cousin went to school with John Elway. He has a personalized autographed football and all sorts of stuff.
                  Oops - forgot to add I know the guy who used to own the Atlanta Falcons.
                  There's more to life than the Denver Broncos. Let me know when you find it.

Hear the dogs howling out of key, to a hymn called 'Faith and Misery' - Green Day

"If I can not bend heaven, I shall move Hell." - Vergil (Aeneid VII)

Comment

• Nyx
                    Practice Squad
                    • May 2005

My friend's cousin is Fred Belitnikof. I also played football for Belitnikof's old High School. 1 wide reciever from my HS team made the NFL. His name was Detrich Jells. Detrich was very fast but aparently didn't have what it took to survive in the NFL. I know he played for the Jets & Pats in his short NFL career.

Greg

Comment

• Bigplayshay84
                      Bench Warmer
                      • Oct 2003

Kelley Washington (WR for the bengles who does that gay ass dance when he scores) went to my high school a couple years ago and he has a football camp every year and he invites all sorts of people, a couple of which have been on our roster for a couple weeks, ive raced Lang Cambell (QB on browns) in the 40, i met this LB from tennesee who is always hurt, but this guy is jacked up. His name is Kevin Simon, he also played high school ball for De La Salle. Demetrian Veal was at kelley washingtons football camp, and so was Ryal Johnson.

When i was born in denver, my mom worked for Mark Jackson when he owned that resturante in denver. and we used to go in there alot and talk to John Elway and a bunch of other guys from the Broncos then.

I've bumped into Michael Vick a couple years ago when he was at a parade called the Apple Blossom Parade, he just graduated from Virginia Tech when i was walking into a resturante and he was leaving and i bumped into him and he said "Excuse me" lol......good thing i didnt get herpes

Comment

• NJfan26
                        Practice Squad
                        • Apr 2005

i know Eric McCoo (running back for the eagles), my friend stole his girlfriend in highschool and ended up fighting him, it was a good fight to see..i forgot who won though , he lived 1 town away from me.

^^^made by OrangeShadow

Comment

• Snk16
                          All-Pro
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Bigplayshay84
                          I've bumped into Michael Vick a couple years ago when he was at a parade called the Apple Blossom Parade, he just graduated from Virginia Tech when i was walking into a resturante and he was leaving and i bumped into him and he said "Excuse me" lol......good thing i didnt get herpes
                          Funny stuff.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                          2. Taxes
                          3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

• BlueDevilsDB
                            Bench Warmer
                            • Aug 2004

I'm friends with Albert Lewis's son. We play football together a lot.

Comment

• BRONCOS_OWN_U16
                              Banned User
                              • Sep 2004

john elway is my dad

Comment

Working...
                              X