Kellen Winslow done for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kellen Winslow done for

Call me weird but I want the dude to heal up and play, if nothing else but to see just how good he really is.

I feel bad for him, so much damn potential yea?

I have the feeling things look bad for him.

This is from NFL.com:

Browns can't say how badly Winslow hurt
    NFL.com wire reports

CLEVELAND (May 18, 2005) -- The Cleveland Browns finally know how much damage Kellen Winslow did to his right knee. Now, they can't say how badly he's hurt.

The club has not received authorization from Winslow or his family to disclose any of the injuries the tight end sustained when he crashed his motorcycle May 1, team spokesman Bill Bonsiewicz said.

Winslow underwent an MRI exam May 17 at the Cleveland Clinic. Doctors had been waiting for the swelling to go down before they could do further tests. The Browns received the results the next day but they can't release them to the public until Winslow or his representatives give them permission.

Winslow could be waiting to get another medical opinion before disclosing the extent of his injury. ( ....)

I think that if things are fine/almost fine, they would tell.

Comment

They just released that it is an torn ACL and he will miss the season...

IMO, he's becoming such an idiot....
      - media thug ("soldier," "the chosen one," etc...).
      - breaks contract by riding motorcycle.
      - then gets busted by doing something obviously stupid (how can you get jacked-up so bad in a parking lot? obviously being stupid and acting the fool).

I felt sorry for him last year, and I do want to see him play to see what he can do, but at this point he's just another victom of the Cleveland's curse.

Comment

What a nimrod.

Yeah for the nimrods!!!!!

Comment

You'd think a "soldier" would be on point at all times. At least see an 8 inch curb coming straight at him.

Comment

Kellen Winslow done for

Wasn't sure where to put this, but it's official. K2 has a torn ACL and will miss the entire 2005 season.

Gone are those comparisons between him and his father.

Gone are the talks about the next great TE to revolutionize the position in the NFL.

Gone are the talks that he will actually be the first great #1 pick for Cleveland in the last 15 years.

Gone is the signing bonus, most of his money, and probably entire record setting contract he signed 2 years ago.

Gone is K2 from the NFL, most likely, for good.

"I'm a mutha fockin' cripple"........

Sorry, I know it's bad, but how stupid can you be. You sign a contract with the direct orders of "any reckless accident occured outside of football will cause a void in contract" and you go to a motorcycyle show, and are seen leaving the area on one wheel for like 200 yards. And then this crash occurs on the way home.

Apparently, in the minds of kids today, "soldjas" don't have any rational thinking involved. Sad. He could have been a great player.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
              Wasn't sure where to put this,

How bout the forum titled Other NFL Teams where the other Winslow threads are.

Comment

It's sad, very sad, really. One of the potential greats . . .

Comment

I've already heard of this yesterday. Anyway, it sucks for the Browns that he will not be playing for them this year. It sucks for the NFL as well. I don't like to see Players hurt. I love seeing NFL teams at their best.
                  sigpic
                  In A Room Called Real, I Stay Forever!

Comment

>>>>>>moved to Other NFL Teams

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                      How bout the forum titled Other NFL Teams where the other Winslow threads are.

Oh, is that where non-related to Denver football news goes.

why didn't someone tell me that earlier.

my bad....Now I know.

Comment

K2 is done for.

The only thing he had going for himself in terms of being a huge star at the TE position was his legs.

If he ever heals he will be a one dimensional TE that can cacth, and that's it. Won't break any long runs or become a key blocker in any situation. Sad.

Comment

I feel sorry for him. Somebody knows whether he hurt the same leg? (Just curious).

I think that the league should make a big deal of this to set an example. Also Winslow should do the same. You have a bunch of young guys, rich, in great shape, so they feel indestructible. The whole problem with Michael Vick (and his alter-ego, Ron Mexico) suggests that the guy was having unprotected sex, which is comparable to ride a motorcycle without caution.

Hopefuly some other young players (are you listening Ben Roethlisberger and in general, young men) could learn something from this.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
                            http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/sports...ns/11684049.htm

Wasn't sure where to put this, but it's official. K2 has a torn ACL and will miss the entire 2005 season.

Gone are those comparisons between him and his father.

Gone are the talks about the next great TE to revolutionize the position in the NFL.

Gone are the talks that he will actually be the first great #1 pick for Cleveland in the last 15 years.

Gone is the signing bonus, most of his money, and probably entire record setting contract he signed 2 years ago.

Gone is K2 from the NFL, most likely, for good.

"I'm a mutha fockin' cripple"........

Sorry, I know it's bad, but how stupid can you be. You sign a contract with the direct orders of "any reckless accident occured outside of football will cause a void in contract" and you go to a motorcycyle show, and are seen leaving the area on one wheel for like 200 yards. And then this crash occurs on the way home.

Apparently, in the minds of kids today, "soldjas" don't have any rational thinking involved. Sad. He could have been a great player.
                            I to feel bad for the guy, it hurts him the most but also the entire NFL because no one will get to enjoy his talent.

Comment

I, for one, dont feel bad for the guy. How can you feel bad for someone when they put it on themselves?

Comment

Working...
                              X