X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portis not paying for #26... LOL

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?cnn=yes

what a bunch of bull****.
    seriously, these guys act as though millions dollars is not enough money for them, and now they are arguing over a measly 20K??

i hate the greed. hate it soooo much.

i feel the fact they are arguing over a number is worse than the amount of money.
    Couldn't help but laugh over the quote about Eli Manning having to pay for Feagles holiday for number 10.
    "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
    Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Siding with Clinton

I actually agree with Portis on this one... how can the guy say he owes him money if he got cut? He's right, he would have gotten the dough anyway...

A better story was how when Mitch Williams was traded to the Phillies, he wanted the number 19, because it was his wife's bday. But John Kruk had the number. Kruk offered up the number for a case of beer... but by the end of the season... as Kruk put it "the beer was gone... so was the wife... and Williams switched to 99"
      sigpicWe da Champs... you da Chumps.
      Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII and 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Champs Chumps
        I actually agree with Portis on this one... how can the guy say he owes him money if he got cut? He's right, he would have gotten the dough anyway...

A better story was how when Mitch Williams was traded to the Phillies, he wanted the number 19, because it was his wife's bday. But John Kruk had the number. Kruk offered up the number for a case of beer... but by the end of the season... as Kruk put it "the beer was gone... so was the wife... and Williams switched to 99"
        It's CP's fault for paying a guy $20,000 up front for a jersey number he would have gotten for FREE! Players should start waiting until after Pre season to pay each other for #'s .....
        2007 Season- Allllll Readddddy!!!!! #27

Comment

Who would want #26 anyways? I mean come on. 26?

Comment

Hmmmmmmmm

I am siding with Portis on this one. BUT a Contract is a Contract, and Legally Binding. As much as I hate to say it, I am afraid that Portis will lose this case.

Comment

Originally posted by Invesco
              Who would want #26 anyways? I mean come on. 26?
              Yeah, 80 now thats a good number.

Comment

Originally posted by Champs Chumps

No way Portis is right on this one, and that is why he settled out of court. He agreed to PAY the money a full season before this guy was cut. Just because Portis puts off paying the full amount doesn't negate the fact that the money is owed. Portis again was just trying to rip someone off when it comes to money. Its his MO.

Comment

Originally posted by SixxGunz
                  I am siding with Portis on this one. BUT a Contract is a Contract, and Legally Binding. As much as I hate to say it, I am afraid that Portis will lose this case.
                  He already did lose the case. He settled out of court and paid 18k of the 20k that was agreed upon. The lawyer just told him, you're going to lose.

Comment

Working...
                  X