X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexander to Jacksonville???

Jaguars | Alexander Deal Discussed? - from www.kffl.com
    Mon, 6 Jun 2005 18:07:40 -0700

Adam Schefter, of NFL.com, reports the Jacksonville Jaguars have quietly discussed a trade with the Seattle Seahawks for RB Shaun Alexander. The return price for Alexander is a third-round draft pick. The strange part, according to Schefter, is the Jaguars are the ones balking at the deal. Right now, they're not willing to pay the Seahawks or Alexander. The Jaguars, if they made the trade, would get themselves valuable insurance for RB Fred Taylor. His health status still remains cloudy.

Will the trade be executed?
    Ultimate Thread Killer!!!

Sig above made by me!

Originally posted by defense!!!
    Jaguars | Alexander Deal Discussed? - from www.kffl.com
    Mon, 6 Jun 2005 18:07:40 -0700

Adam Schefter, of NFL.com, reports the Jacksonville Jaguars have quietly discussed a trade with the Seattle Seahawks for RB Shaun Alexander. The return price for Alexander is a third-round draft pick. The strange part, according to Schefter, is the Jaguars are the ones balking at the deal. Right now, they're not willing to pay the Seahawks or Alexander. The Jaguars, if they made the trade, would get themselves valuable insurance for RB Fred Taylor. His health status still remains cloudy.

Will the trade be executed?
    Well thats weird.

Comment

Jesus, I'd give a 3rd rounder for him. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncology
        LOL, so would I. I guess the Jaguars don't want to pay him the asking money.

Sig above made by me!

Comment

Alexander is a franchise running back and I would trade 1st round pick for him without a 2nd thought.

He's only 27 and has 3-5 years left at the highest level, IMO.

2001 Seattle Seahawks 16 12 309 1318 4.3 14
          2002 Seattle Seahawks 16 16 295 1175 4.0 16
          2003 Seattle Seahawks 16 15 326 1435 4.4 14
          2004 Seattle Seahawks 16 16 353 1696 4.8 16

60 rushing TD's in 4 seasons!
          kiwi Bronco fan

Comment

Jeez , i hope not we have to play Jax this year.
            30-47 under the reigns of Tommy Donahoe....Fire him!

Buffalo Bills = The AFC's answer too the Lions .

Comment

Should of let him get the rushing record.

Comment

Pete Prisco wrote this:

You can forget that Shaun Alexander to the Jaguars trade talk. The Jaguars have no interest, according to coach Jack Del Rio. Although running back Fred Taylor is only working on the side during the team's on-field days as he recovers from knee surgery, the team is convinced that Taylor will be ready for the start of the regular season. But it's more than that for passing on any potential trade with Seattle. Aside from money issues -- they would have to sign Alexander to a long-term deal before any trade would be made -- the Jaguars like what they have seen from LaBrandon Toefield and rookie Alvin Pearman during their offseason work. Toefield battled through some injuries last year, but remember this is a player who started ahead of Domanick Davis at LSU. Plus, fullback Greg Jones could play running back in a pinch. "We like our young guys," Del Rio said. "That trade is not something we have talked about to anyone."

The Jaguars have a big contract to get done heading into next season in the form of defensive tackle John Henderson. He is set to become an unrestricted free agent after the 2006 season, so having cap room is important, which is why Alexander makes little sense.

Comment

BIG MISTAKE - they have a SB defense and if they could add alexander to the O then they would be extremely dangerous.

taylor, toefield and jones cannot cut it..........oh well, their loss

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003
                    BIG MISTAKE - they have a SB defense and if they could add alexander to the O then they would be extremely dangerous.

taylor, toefield and jones cannot cut it..........oh well, their loss
                    Yeah, i'll be laughing when he starts crying if Fred Taylor gets an career-ending injury and wish he could go back in time to today so he could execute the trade!!!

Sig above made by me!

Comment

Although I agree that they can't blame the coaching staff for him not getting the rushing title.. how can you say " he wasn't close."... He was VERY close.

Comment

Id like to see a strong back behing Leftwich, that team would be unstoppable.

Comment

I wouldnt even give that for him. Maybe a 5th rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by wise-guy ehh
                            Alexander wasn't anywhere close to a rushing record last year.

If Alexander, or anyone thinks that one carry in the final regular season game was what kept him fro a rushing title, he's wrong. What does he say about all those carries he had for a loss last season?

He was only one yard off.

I think that's pretty darn close.

Actually, statistically speaking, is it even possible to be closer than that?

I think you need to retract your statement.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                              He was only one yard off.

I think that's pretty darn close.

Actually, statistically speaking, is it even possible to be closer than that?

I think you need to retract your statement.
                              Do wise-guys ever retract their statements?????
                              "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                              tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                              men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X