Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is brady or manning a lock for the hall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is brady or manning a lock for the hall?

my opinion -

BRADY - a very good QB, had a fantastic career up to now and it should continue. a very cool QB that knows when to get rid of the ball and plays TO free football. IMO he is a little over-hyped and a long way behind manning though and NE's offense has never been dominant (ranked 13 last season i think) but there D is brilliant and takes them to SB titles. not a hall of famer IMO.

MANNING - will be a hall of famer whether he gets the rings or not, just as good as marino if not better. ppl say he is all about stats but whats wrong with having the most yards, TD's, points, etc......... he is a great leader too, his only problem is that he has a pathetic D (but he still carries them deep in the playoffs year after year). IMO the #1 QB by a distance.

thoughts?

Bart Starr wasn't any Johnny Unitas by any stretch, yet he is an HOFer. All he did was to win some NFL championships and Super Bowls. Brady is very much the Bart Starr type--no Dan Marino or John Elway. All he has is three Super Bowls. He is a future HOFer.

Peyton Manning is headed to the HOF. Some people do say he is "all about stats." Yet it's not his fault God gave him the ability to throw 49 TDs in a season. He is so good that he will be like Marino and Fran Tarkenton: one of the all-time greats, whether or not he wins a Super Bowl.

Edit: But shouldn't this be in the "Other NFL Teams" forum?

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
      Bart Starr wasn't any Johnny Unitas by any stretch, yet he is an HOFer. All he did was to win some NFL championships and Super Bowls. Brady is very much the Bart Starr type--no Dan Marino or John Elway. All he has is three Super Bowls. He is a future HOFer.

Peyton Manning is headed to the HOF. Some people do say he is "all about stats." Yet it's not his fault God gave him the ability to throw 49 TDs in a season. He is so good that he will be like Marino and Fran Tarkenton: one of the all-time greats, whether or not he wins a Super Bowl.

Edit: But shouldn't this be in the "Other NFL Teams" forum?

-----
      its a good topic for debate, it will die in the 'other teams' forum. some ppl worry about that too much, how about we leave it here for a few days (look at some of the other pointless RB threads or 'who will be in the pro bowl' rubbish that will stay here)

that is one problem i have. when ppl argue about who is better they always say -

manning is just stats - MEANING - he puts alot of points up

brady wins SB's - MEANING - he has a great D to win them for him

Comment

I think Brady is a lock.

Manning will get in under the Marino exemption. Has the numbers but will never get a ring.

Comment

If Manning could bring his wideouts to a team with a defense, he would be a lock. But he's not a "lock" just yet. Brady is. As much as I hate to say it. Brady is.

Comment

i would like to see bradys stats compared to other HOF's and mannings

Comment

I think they will both go in.

Some people make a big deal about Brady. He is a good QB, but I don't think he is the best by far. I remember around the time of the AFC Championship the Steelers fans were saying "We beat you the first time we will win again." In response to that the Pats fans were saying "Well Branch and Dillon weren't playing the first time around." At that point I was thinking if Brady is the Qb they make him out to be, he should have been able to win or at least do a lot better that game without the two missing players.

I still remember people going nuts about Troy Aikman, but that died down quite a bit after he retired.

He is still a good Qb and he fits what NE needs on offence though he is no Joe Montana or John Elway. I am sure that as soon as he leaves the game he won't be remembered as the best, but he is still worthy to be remembered.
              "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

Right now, neither is a lock.

Ask me again after both have put in 10-12 healthy, prodcutive seasons.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                You should check these guys out

Comment

I wouldnt say either of them was a "lock" just yet. but I think both of them is heading in that direction.

Brady has 3 superbowl rings already. I think he has just started 4 seasons. I might be wrong but he has started as many seasons as the rings he already has. His stats arent bad either. IF he wins more rings then he is a lock for the HOF

to me MAnning is just like Marino. great arm. big numbers. no ring. and since Dan Marino is going to be inducted to the HOF.........well Manning will to.
                  sigpic

Comment

lol, this thread proves my point, everyone brings up rings for why brady deserves to be in the hall.

deon branch has 3 rings too, will he be in the hall?

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003
                      lol, this thread proves my point, everyone brings up rings for why brady deserves to be in the hall.

deon branch has 3 rings too, will he be in the hall?

good point.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003
                        its a good topic for debate, it will die in the 'other teams' forum. some ppl worry about that too much, how about we leave it here for a few days (look at some of the other pointless RB threads or 'who will be in the pro bowl' rubbish that will stay here)

that is one problem i have. when ppl argue about who is better they always say -

manning is just stats - MEANING - he puts alot of points up

brady wins SB's - MEANING - he has a great D to win them for him

So my thread is rubbish? Thanks a lot Bronx
                        Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                        Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                        Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Brady's got 3 SB wins under his belt. Yes. Manning has yet to prove himself. Not sure.

Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
                          RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
                          Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
                          -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

Working...
                          X