Law to KC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Law to KC?

I live in KC, and just heard a radio guy who had one of the beat qriters for the chiefs on. It was stated that a "source close to the team" (could be the water boyu for all I know) says that the chiefs have a deal done in principal with Ty Law pending him passing a physical and going through a workout right before training camp. What do you all think?

well it would improve their defense a little. Law is a great CB. we will have to see when they start losing

Comment

What I think is that having Ty Law and Patrick Surtain as your starting corners is very dangerous. This is a totally improved D by KC. We could be looking at a solid D from them.

Comment

That scares me if it is true, with Surtian, Law and the same d and with Fred Ex in hte offense now. if it is true as much as I hate to sya it the west is theirs to loose
        Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
        sigpic

Comment

Hey, I live in KC. What radio station did you hear that on and who was the beat writer you heard that from? Please tell me you're not joking.
          "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Well

Originally posted by trout hash
            I live in KC, and just heard a radio guy who had one of the beat qriters for the chiefs on. It was stated that a "source close to the team" (could be the water boyu for all I know) says that the chiefs have a deal done in principal with Ty Law pending him passing a physical and going through a workout right before training camp. What do you all think?

He is a good player, but as we saw last year when we traded for Champ, Corners are only as good as the pressure their D-line creates...

The Chefs D-line still sux...

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Luminous
              He is a good player, but as we saw last year when we traded for Chump, Corners are only as good as the pressure their D-line creates...

The Chefs D-line still sux...
              Our DT's are not the best, but the Chiefs did have 41 sacks last season compared to Denver's 38. AND, even with our horrible secondary we still had one more interception that the Broncos last season (KC's 13 compared to Denver's 12). But, their is a difference between the addition of Ty Law and the addition of Champ Bailey. Champ Bailey was the only top notch cornerback on that defense. The Chiefs would have two top notch, pro bowl players with Patrick Surtain AND Ty Law. Big difference.
              "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by West
                What I think is that having Ty Law and Patrick Surtain as your starting corners is very dangerous. This is a totally improved D by KC. We could be looking at a solid D from them.
                I think Law is still pretty good, but his best is behind him. We will also see how good he is out of Belicheck's system and on that sorry D.
                The three Keys to football
                1. Turnovers
                2. Field Position
                3. Red Zone Play

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575
                  Our DT's are not the best, but the Chiefs did have 41 sacks last season compared to Denver's 38. AND, even with our horrible secondary we still had one more interception that the Broncos last season (KC's 13 compared to Denver's 12). .

and i think its pretty much the consensus that we didnt get nearly enough sacks or pressure and that led to a pathetic pick total. but i believe we have improved our pass rush but im not sure if you have.

after warfield serves his suspension the chiefs have a pretty decent one/two at cb. where this move helps is their nickel. with all the 3 wideout sets kc will see this year (i think we will run it quite a bit and know the raiders will) being able to play either law or warfield in the nickel is a huge upgrade.

what is the chiefs cap situation? from all i've heard law has said he'll only play for top dollar.
                  "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

There is only a slight difference from our defense to that of KC's.The difference is 3 sacks and 1 interception not a whole lot. Our defense line and Bailey will be better this year.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575
                      Our DT's are not the best, but the Chiefs did have 41 sacks last season compared to Denver's 38. AND, even with our horrible secondary we still had one more interception that the Broncos last season (KC's 13 compared to Denver's 12). But, their is a difference between the addition of Ty Law and the addition of Champ Bailey. Champ Bailey was the only top notch cornerback on that defense. The Chiefs would have two top notch, pro bowl players with Patrick Surtain AND Ty Law. Big difference.
                      Well you just proved his point, sure your sack and INT ratio faired better than ours, but thats not the issue here, the issue is that you have to apply more pressure. But thanks using our D as a milestone that you gotta get past. Oh yeah Lenny Walls is shutdown corner all the way around, injury just got the best of him last season, but your gonna see and hear alot more of him from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by bcbronc
                        and i think its pretty much the consensus that we didnt get nearly enough sacks or pressure and that led to a pathetic pick total. but i believe we have improved our pass rush but im not sure if you have.

after warfield serves his suspension the chiefs have a pretty decent one/two at cb. where this move helps is their nickel. with all the 3 wideout sets kc will see this year (i think we will run it quite a bit and know the raiders will) being able to play either law or warfield in the nickel is a huge upgrade.

what is the chiefs cap situation? from all i've heard law has said he'll only play for top dollar.
                        We signed defensive end Carlos Hall who had 8 sacks as a rookie when he filled in for Jevon Kearse. He has not reached that total since, but he is still a sack threat and will be part of our defensive end rotation with Jared Allen who had 9 sacks as a rookie. We also signed Kendrell Bell, who is more like Derrick Thomas than Derrick Johnson is simply because he is a big sack threat just like Derrick Thomas.

Law hasn't said he will only play for top dollar, at least not realistically. He was trying for the big contract, but nobody who wants him has the room right now. The top two candidates are the Jaguars and Chiefs, and the Jaguars were not too impressed with his workout at jacksonville. The Chiefs might bring him in to training camp to work out. The Chiefs can get the money, and would likely sign him IF he is found to be healthy enough. Ty Law has said he wants to play for a winner also, and out of the teams that want him I believe Kansas City has the best chance. Priest Holmes has also called him in the past months trying to get him to come to KC. Priest said he would be willing to restructure to make more room.

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeTime
                          Well you just proved his point, sure your sack and INT ratio faired better than ours, but thats not the issue here, the issue is that you have to apply more pressure. But thanks using our D as a milestone that you gotta get past. Oh yeah Lenny Walls is shutdown corner all the way around, injury just got the best of him last season, but your gonna see and hear alot more of him from now on.
                          How did I prove his point? I showed that the Chiefs had more sacks last season, therefore we got better pressure on the QB.

Comment

from warpaintillustrated.com

Talks Heating up with Chiefs
                            by Nick Athan of WarpaintIllustrated.com, July 14, 2005 at 1:16am ET

Ty Law Profile

In what has become the worst kept secret in the NFL, the Kansas City Chiefs continue to pursue free agent cornerback Ty Law. Warpaint Illustrated has learned that those talks have become very serious over the last 48 hours.

Kansas City it appears is putting on the full court press and the team hopes to work out a contract for the veteran cornerback.

Though money is at the heart of the talks, Law must show the Chiefs that he's healthy enough to practice and eventually play on his injured foot. We've learned that the Chiefs will bring him in for a workout in short order once he's received clearance from his doctors.

The Chiefs are in this position because of the four game suspension to cornerback Eric Warfield. Law if he's healthy would start opposite Patrick Surtain. Kansas City signed Ashley Ambrose two weeks ago but he was signed to battle Dexter McCleon for the nickel job.

Law's visit could take place before the Chiefs head to training camp or they might conduct the workout in River Falls at the end of this month.

Stay tuned to Warpaint Illustrated for the latest on Ty Law...

Comment

Originally posted by bcbronc

How could you have improved your pass rush if you signed a bunch of guys from the browns? Cleveland wasnt exactly pressuring qbs to no end. Shannys been criticized a lot for a bad offseason. As if you didnt have enough running backs he drafts clarett. He hasnt addressed any needs. On nfl primetime or live or whatever it is on espn they had the broncos as the biggest offseason losers. The chiefs wouldve had more sacks last year if the linebackers had been better. We lacked speed at linebacker. In blitz packages they couldnt get to the qb fast enough. Having good cover corners allows you to play wiht your linebackers more. Gunther was stuck last year with his playcalling because of a lack of speed at linebacker. He wont have that problem this year. I think the LBs will be the key to the chiefs defense. Law could be the icing on a great offseason.

Comment

Working...
                              X