Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Law to KC?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by moonshot314
    How could you have improved your pass rush if you signed a bunch of guys from the browns? Cleveland wasnt exactly pressuring qbs to no end. Shannys been criticized a lot for a bad offseason. As if you didnt have enough running backs he drafts clarett. He hasnt addressed any needs. On nfl primetime or live or whatever it is on espn they had the broncos as the biggest offseason losers. The chiefs wouldve had more sacks last year if the linebackers had been better. We lacked speed at linebacker. In blitz packages they couldnt get to the qb fast enough. Having good cover corners allows you to play wiht your linebackers more. Gunther was stuck last year with his playcalling because of a lack of speed at linebacker. He wont have that problem this year. I think the LBs will be the key to the chiefs defense. Law could be the icing on a great offseason.
    I will agree with you about the points on the Chiefs defense. However, i wouldn't be so quick to count the so-called "Browncos" out as losers. Granted, they could very well turn out to be losers in Denver but they are for the most part talented players who have under-achieved and played on a crappy defense in Cleveland. If anything, they add competition in training camp and good depth. However, I still don't think they will be enough to get the Broncos anywhere this season.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

    It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by kmartin575
      I will agree with you about the points on the Chiefs defense. However, i wouldn't be so quick to count the so-called "Browncos" out as losers. Granted, they could very well turn out to be losers in Denver but they are for the most part talented players who have under-achieved and played on a crappy defense in Cleveland. If anything, they add competition in training camp and good depth. However, I still don't think they will be enough to get the Broncos anywhere this season.
      I didnt call them losers. I was repeating what was said on ESPN.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by moonshot314
        I didnt call them losers. I was repeating what was said on ESPN.
        I know you didn't call them losers. I was simply stating that we shouldn't count them out as busts as everyone seems to be doing. Granted, I hope they are busts but we should be ready for the worst. Hopefully they have another crappy season in Denver, but I will wait and see how things turn out.
        "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

        It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

        Comment


        • #19
          yes. We have been criticized...but their guesses are as good as ours. They are more times wrong then correct. Their job is to talk stories, make strong opinions. That doesn't make it fact. I think our DL HAS improved over last season. I can't say the same thing about your defensive line, however.

          As far as the signing of Law. ANY defense would improve with the signing of Ty Law. Anyone suggesting it was Belicheck, doesn't realize that Law was good before Belicheck arrived. Law may not be in his prime, but he doesn't have to be. That would give the KC Chiefs the best defensive back-field in the NFL.

          Its apparent that the Chiefs are making THIS their year. They know that Vermeil is gone after this season.. and most likely Holmes goes with him. This is their season to put it all together, so the Chiefs are going to go all out. I don't blame them. The window is closing quick. I'm surprised they haven't/didn't sign a better WR than Freddie Mitchel however.. to REALLy put them at the top.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Ravage!!!
            yes. We have been criticized...but their guesses are as good as ours. They are more times wrong then correct. Their job is to talk stories, make strong opinions. That doesn't make it fact. I think our DL HAS improved over last season. I can't say the same thing about your defensive line, however.

            As far as the signing of Law. ANY defense would improve with the signing of Ty Law. Anyone suggesting it was Belicheck, doesn't realize that Law was good before Belicheck arrived. Law may not be in his prime, but he doesn't have to be. That would give the KC Chiefs the best defensive back-field in the NFL.

            Its apparent that the Chiefs are making THIS their year. They know that Vermeil is gone after this season.. and most likely Holmes goes with him. This is their season to put it all together, so the Chiefs are going to go all out. I don't blame them. The window is closing quick. I'm surprised they haven't/didn't sign a better WR than Freddie Mitchel however.. to REALLy put them at the top.
            I don't know if we would have the BEST defensive back-field in the NFL. It would be hard to match Baltimore's Chris McAlister, Samari Rolle, Ed Reed, and Will Demps. The Ravens have a pretty good secondary. However, I think the Chiefs would have the best secondary in the AFC West. I have just read an insider article that had the following paragraph:

            Though money is at the heart of the talks, Law must show the Chiefs that he's healthy enough to practice and eventually play at a level that will warrant a significant pay check. We've learned that the Chiefs will bring him in for a workout in short order once he's received clearance from his doctors that he can go through a rigorous workout and prove to team officials that his surgically repaired foot can withstand the physical requirements to be ready to start the season on September 11th against the New York Jets. Further the Chiefs have received solid confirmation from his representatives that he has a strong desire to play for the Chiefs and that he is comfortable playing the style of defense that Gunther Cunningham plans on running in 2005.
            I don't think the Chiefs need a WR like everyone thinks we do. We have done just fine without the services of a #1 receiver. We have Tony Gonzalez and our RB's are always good receivers. Plus, this season we have great competition at WR and should have the most talented WR's the Chief's have had in a couple of years.
            "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

            It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

            Comment


            • #21
              Tony Finn reports that free-agent CB Ty Law is still a serious option for the Chiefs. According to sources close to the Finn camp, the Chiefs front office have asked specific players to restructure their contracts to fit Law under the current cap requirements. According to Finn, the Chiefs are willing to give Law a one year deal heavily loaded with performance tiers and a second year based solely on his playing time in 2005. Speculation of Law's injured foot continues to be the biggest hurdle in an organization taking a chance on the All-Pro. Considering the current corner situation in Kansas City, the addition of Law would certainly be a lift to the Chiefs defense
              "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

              It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by moonshot314
                How could you have improved your pass rush if you signed a bunch of guys from the browns? Cleveland wasnt exactly pressuring qbs to no end. Shannys been criticized a lot for a bad offseason. As if you didnt have enough running backs he drafts clarett. He hasnt addressed any needs. On nfl primetime or live or whatever it is on espn they had the broncos as the biggest offseason losers. The chiefs wouldve had more sacks last year if the linebackers had been better. We lacked speed at linebacker. In blitz packages they couldnt get to the qb fast enough. Having good cover corners allows you to play wiht your linebackers more. Gunther was stuck last year with his playcalling because of a lack of speed at linebacker. He wont have that problem this year. I think the LBs will be the key to the chiefs defense. Law could be the icing on a great offseason.

                i didnt say we have improved our pass rush, i said i believe we have. there are a lot of question marks but if two or three pan out, especially now with the trade for Engelberger our pass rush can only be improved.

                your linebackers may be much improved but nothings for sure yet. bell is pretty much the same as brown is for us. if he stays healthy he will help, although at the end of last year, when he was healthy, he wasnt good enough to win back his starting job in pittsburg, the ultimate linebacker producing team in the nfl. johnson may be a playmaker but many scouts question his ability to fight through blockers. you cant go around them in the nfl. even if he does get better here i believe he will have some growing pains, although he'll make some plays to. if you have to rely on your blitz to get pressure your in trouble. thats the situation we were in last season.

                carlos hall may help your pass rush, but one player isnt hard to gameplan for. when you were the only defense in the league to give up over 6 yards per play, despite having the third best t.o.p. in the league, i think its fair to say you had a week line. simms needs to step up. do you think he can?

                law will help you im sure, assuming you sign him, but will he be enough? you have a tough first four games and one cb's suspended and law hasnt even been cleared to practise yet. he's already way behind in his conditioning, and at his age its that much harder to catch up. 3 loses in your first four games, in this division would be a big hole to dig out of. also lots of other team fans have pointed out that romeo crennal comes from such a great personal team in new england and since he didnt want the brownco's there must be a reason. well i ask the same of ty law. if new england would rather go with undrafted second year players instead of law, them being the genious' they are, there must be a reason.

                as far as experts not liking shanny's offseason; who cares! those same experts had you guys as superbowl contenders last year. he drafted clarret with a surprise consolation pick, so he swung big. just think if clarret is as good as he was in ohio state running behind our system. he signed the best punter in the league and drafted our own dante (we hope). both our offense and defense were top 5 in yards, top 10 in points but our special teams sucked. he addressed that. we needed an upgrade in speed and depth at corner,he addressed that through the draft, although the trading of middlebrooks leaves us dangerously thin in experienced cb's.

                the same guys that say we had a terrible off season say oakland had a great one. why? because there's was flashy. shanny's wasnt flashy but it directly went after our areas of biggest need. i for one am confident it will, at seasons end, be considered a very effective off season.
                Last edited by bcbronc; 07-14-2005, 04:05 PM.
                "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx


                "And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ




                Comment


                • #23
                  The only way I see Ty Law coming to Kansas City is if he doesn't have a contract by pre-season. He was interviewed by 810 sports today and you could tell the Poston brothers were feeding crap for him to say. They are easily pricing him out of the market.

                  There are a lot of rumors going around that the Chiefs front office is asking players to restructure so we can go after him agressively though. If we can afford him and he's healthy, I'd have no problems with Ty Law being in the backfield with Surtain.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    How much cap room do the Chiefs till have? cant be much... if they get Law, hell hafta come cheap id immagine
                    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I believe we have around 3 to 3 and a half million left in cap space. I don't think it'll be enough.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by TonyGFortheTD
                        I believe we have around 3 to 3 and a half million left in cap space. I don't think it'll be enough.

                        OMG A CHIEF FAN TAHT IS A REALIST!
                        Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                        Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                        Tweet me @JoRo_5551

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          If KC truely wants him they have the money to do it. Warfields suspension hurts because signing Law could mean cutting someone else but for four games we wont have that depth. Honestly Law cant afford to be that greedy because there arent that many teams interested in him because of cap issues. Hes not going to get what he wants/deserves/thinks he deserves from anyone. Whereever he signs he will be settling for less than what he wants

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by kmartin575
                            I know you didn't call them losers. I was simply stating that we shouldn't count them out as busts as everyone seems to be doing. Granted, I hope they are busts but we should be ready for the worst. Hopefully they have another crappy season in Denver, but I will wait and see how things turn out.
                            how was last year a crappy season we went 10-6 which was a better record then kc put up...
                            The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                            While he sits by his hearth at home.
                            Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                            That he knows nothing at all.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by MoFo_JoRo
                              OMG A CHIEF FAN TAHT IS A REALIST!
                              It's not hard to see, Chiefs fan or not. He is simply pricing himself out of the NFL.

                              The other teams that need him are simply signing other talent. Honestly, it wouldn't suprise me if the Poston brothers weren't using a voice enhancer so that they sound like Ty Law for interviews.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by moonshot314
                                How could you have improved your pass rush if you signed a bunch of guys from the browns? Cleveland wasnt exactly pressuring qbs to no end. Shannys been criticized a lot for a bad offseason. As if you didnt have enough running backs he drafts clarett. He hasnt addressed any needs. On nfl primetime or live or whatever it is on espn they had the broncos as the biggest offseason losers. The chiefs wouldve had more sacks last year if the linebackers had been better. We lacked speed at linebacker. In blitz packages they couldnt get to the qb fast enough. Having good cover corners allows you to play wiht your linebackers more. Gunther was stuck last year with his playcalling because of a lack of speed at linebacker. He wont have that problem this year. I think the LBs will be the key to the chiefs defense. Law could be the icing on a great offseason.
                                Wow. That's one smelly load of homerism. Who opened the gate?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X