Law to KC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Perry1977
    Wow. That's one smelly load of homerism. Who opened the gate?
    It was to be expected. You will see the same done by Broncos fans as well.

I do think the Chiefs need to continue going after Ty Law. If we're going to try and go for the Super Bowl this year, we can't have another 1-3 start this year. The Broncos, Jets, Oakland Randy Moss and the Eagles are all going to heavily pass the ball against our D. McCleon or Ambrose is not going to help us win games.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGFortheTD
      It was to be expected. You will see the same done by Broncos fans as well.

I do think the Chiefs need to continue going after Ty Law. If we're going to try and go for the Super Bowl this year, we can't have another 1-3 start this year. The Broncos, Jets, Oakland Randy Moss and the Eagles are all going to heavily pass the ball against our D. McCleon or Ambrose is not going to help us win games.

I would agree. Not dissing your team, cuz you do have a shot, THIS YEAR.... however, you are not built for long term right now, and if you dont make it this year or possibly next, I think you are going to have a major rebuilding project in KC
      Bronco fan from Packer Land.
      Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
      Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy
        how was last year a crappy season we went 10-6 which was a better record then kc put up...
        I didn't say Denver had a crappy season. I said the Cleveland D-Line players had a crappy season.
        "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575
          I didn't say Denver had a crappy season. I said the Cleveland D-Line players had a crappy season.
          They didn't exactly have much help, and they had injury woes too.

Comment

Originally posted by EMCF
            They didn't exactly have much help, and they had injury woes too.
            and they were on the field 80% of the time.

Comment

I think the jets may be intrested in Law now that Abraham decided to reitre

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo_JoRo
                I would agree. Not dissing your team, cuz you do have a shot, THIS YEAR.... however, you are not built for long term right now, and if you dont make it this year or possibly next, I think you are going to have a major rebuilding project in KC

This you are right about. Offensively we will be going through a rebuilding phase after this year or next. We have a lot of people on offense that will probly become cap casualties in coming seasons because of the big contracts handed out a couple of years ago. In a season or two, IMO, the offense is going to go through a rebuilding phase. On the other hand, i think the defense is building right now. In a few years i think we will be a defensive team with a so-so offense. The tide is changing in KC due to contracts, money and age. After the 2006 season, we will be relying heavily on defense as the offense will more than likely be dismantled. The next 2 years are vital in the building of the defense with youth and talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian_Fan
                  I think the jets may be intrested in Law now that Abraham decided to reitre
                  Yesterday, the word was that Law was again talking to the Jets, i'm wondering if after their trade with the Cowboys for that DB if they broke off talks with Law..
                  Anyways.. looks as though the chiefs and law have agreed in principle to a contract im not sure how reliable this source is though...

-- Chiefs; Law Agree in Principle to Contract --
                  Fri Jul 15, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

Kansas City's 610 Sports' Rhonda Moss reports free-agent CB Ty Law and the Kansas City Chiefs have agreed in principle to a contract pending Law pass a physical showing that he is able to play on opening day. Law's agent and the Chiefs are speaking daily, and are very close in terms of dollars.
                  45-17

Comment

Originally posted by 45-17
                    Yesterday, the word was that Law was again talking to the Jets, i'm wondering if after their trade with the Cowboys for that DB if they broke off talks with Law..
                    Anyways.. looks as though the chiefs and law have agreed in principle to a contract im not sure how reliable this source is though...

-- Chiefs; Law Agree in Principle to Contract --
                    Fri Jul 15, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

Kansas City's 610 Sports' Rhonda Moss reports free-agent CB Ty Law and the Kansas City Chiefs have agreed in principle to a contract pending Law pass a physical showing that he is able to play on opening day. Law's agent and the Chiefs are speaking daily, and are very close in terms of dollars.
                    Again where is the real Link.......

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco16
                      Again where is the real Link.......

http://www.ffmastermind.com/quickbits.php#top
                      45-17

Comment

From a Chiefs Insider on warpaintillustrated.com

WI fans... We're hearing that Ty Law is reluctant to visit any other NFL team because he wants a guarantee from that team that they will give him a guaranteed contract...

We've been told that all the suitors have been notified of the latest demand and that could explain why Law has been so public last week and over the weekend on talk radio stations around the country.

Our NFL source tell us that New York, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay and New England will NOT offer him anymore than the league minimum..

KC and Jacksonville have both expressed an interest in paying more for his services but its nowhere near the $6 million price tag that Law still believes he'll get from a team this late in the game.

It appears that Law and his camp might have to re-group after their actions over the weekend failed to produce the bidding war that they had expected would happen once Law declared that he was fit and would be ready to start the season on time. Though they managed to get a few more teams interested in him, none of them has offered him a contract to his liking.

We've also been told that he HAS NOT been medically cleared by his doctors to workout with any NFL team. From all accounts, Law is about 80-85% back to his old form but that's still not good enough for NFL teams who are unwilling to offer him any guarantee without passing a physical.

It appears that Law is shooting himself in his other foot if he's truly insisting on getting a guaranteed contract before he can prove that he'll be ready to suit up on September 11th... Stay tuned!!!
                        "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Working...
                        X